Promblems with teacher :( (1 Viewer)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
With my major work my teacher told me he read it and all was fine and perfect. Then last week he said it reads very tacked on and does not seem to flow. He decides to tell me this now just a few short weeks before it is due, where i am going to have to re-record things and redo editing. Anyone else think my teacher has been a complete and utter a$$hole?

He is being really useless but i am really really pissed. Does anyone know if i can change medium still without any promblems or anyone been in a similar situation? Please comments are required.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
What medium are you currently working with?

accio.brain

HSC
my teacher told me a couple weeks ago that she didn't like my new rewrite and to do it again, though other ppl said the exact opposite. great timing, there's only a few weeks left =.=

maybe get other people's opinions before completely redoing it? yes they're your teachers, but they're also biased and have their own opinions just like everybody else. and it is you that has to be happy with it in the end, not your teacher...

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
My teacher seems to have male PMS when reading my MW. He told me the other day it was 'delightful', then in the next sentence said it was 'a little pretentious'.
Noiiiice.

Try and get a second opinion, maybe from someone who might be a little more respected than your teacher. I sent my finished MW to the best English universities in the world, and recieved (surprisingly) quite a few replies! People are willing to help out!

I also know, through family friends, a publisher, so he read mine and completely annotated it and gave me a report on what was good/what to change/if id lived up to my proposal.

Try and find someone! A mentor is so important for this subject, and makes it so much easier!

And maybe search for radio drama websites? (or is this too much of a longshot?)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
well i gave it to other teachers, and a uni lecturer and they all said A LOT MORE than what my teacher even said. Which has really pissed me off, in the last 5 days i have done nothing but rewrite the piece of shit over and over again.

thanks for the advice. but my teachers comments were bad in comparison to other teachers comments and that. Which is SCARY.

lychnobity

HSC
well i gave it to other teachers, and a uni lecturer and they all said A LOT MORE than what my teacher even said. Which has really pissed me off, in the last 5 days i have done nothing but rewrite the piece of shit over and over again.

thanks for the advice. but my teachers comments were bad in comparison to other teachers comments and that. Which is SCARY.
As in even worse comments?

If you don't mind, you can send me some problem parts, and I might be able to help.

sunsettah

HSC
My teacher loved my ideas etc, and always told me not to stress saying things like 'don't worry, there's a kid somewhere who hasn't even picked a theme yet' and stuff, then rings up my parents behind my back and tells them i'm behind and blah blah blah. it's ridiculous. i'm determined to hand it in, get great marks, and shove it in his face.

only problem is i've got to now specify my theme a lot more <_< and am stumped for ideas.

don't stress, ive basically got to start mine again right now =]

someone please tell me the actual hand in date for the final thing?

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
28th of August by 9am I know thats the day but the time i can't remember directly

TO lychnobity: no not as in bad comments they like what it is about and the language but its the grammar and some structural errors and clarity issues. - Which i have almost resolved. But my teacher is the most useless piece of shit ever. I gave him a draft essay for EE1 4 weeks ago and HE STILL HASN'T read it. 4 WEEKS. It really annoys me and the rest of my class. He is a very shit teacher BUT he is a fantastic person to get along with.

Last edited:

accio.brain

HSC
I think they should make all the EE2 teachers do a major work sometime. I'm quite curious to see what my teacher would get, whether she actually knows what she's talking about. I think not.

Clifford

HSC
How'd you (person who sent their MW around the world) go about doing that? It's rather impressive and sounds uber helpful. That being said, I'd imagine their patience would wane if they were bombarded with random major works...

Silent04

HSC
Our teacher is one which a class of like 6 last year she drove down to 1 or 2, I believe. I didn't mind her start of Term 4, Term 1, but ever since she's been the worst. For our Proposals which normally is marked easy to give confidence and what not, the highest was 14/15, then 13/15, and 10/15x2, 8/15, 7/15 and even a 6/15.

Everyone was majorly disappointed except the one guy who got 14 obviously. Then for the Viva she took out one of the questions she marked. The final question which she took out was out of 5 and people had got like 4,3 pretty good, yet she took it out!! WTfudge!!!! However the guy who is leading the class, and who she loves only got like 1! Ridiculous.

I handed her my major work along with two or three of the guys way back in start of Term 2. Yet she still HAS NOT handed me back ANY feedback. What kind of rubbish is this? Like seriously, it seems we don't even need a teacher the ways shes going!:mad:

To top it off, she spilled coffee on my journal!!!!! Hardly any time left, and all of us guys are relying on each other having a look at the work and getting feedback from ourselves rather than our teacher.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Our teacher is one which a class of like 6 last year she drove down to 1 or 2, I believe. I didn't mind her start of Term 4, Term 1, but ever since she's been the worst. For our Proposals which normally is marked easy to give confidence and what not, the highest was 14/15, then 13/15, and 10/15x2, 8/15, 7/15 and even a 6/15.

Everyone was majorly disappointed except the one guy who got 14 obviously. Then for the Viva she took out one of the questions she marked. The final question which she took out was out of 5 and people had got like 4,3 pretty good, yet she took it out!! WTfudge!!!! However the guy who is leading the class, and who she loves only got like 1! Ridiculous.

I handed her my major work along with two or three of the guys way back in start of Term 2. Yet she still HAS NOT handed me back ANY feedback. What kind of rubbish is this? Like seriously, it seems we don't even need a teacher the ways shes going!:mad:

To top it off, she spilled coffee on my journal!!!!! Hardly any time left, and all of us guys are relying on each other having a look at the work and getting feedback from ourselves rather than our teacher.
Ok, your teacher is strange. Like you said you don't even really need a teacher for EXII. Just get feedback from other English teachers at your school and from yourself. Often you are your own best judge because YOU chose the topic and YOU have your own opinion/ideas etc. Getting feedback from others in your class isn't really ideal since you are competing against them for the moment and they can only really help you with language expression/grammar and not content.

Plus the coffee stain on your journal will create a dimension of originality to your MW lol. GL!

Silent04

HSC
Ok, your teacher is strange. Like you said you don't even really need a teacher for EXII. Just get feedback from other English teachers at your school and from yourself. Often you are your own best judge because YOU chose the topic and YOU have your own opinion/ideas etc. Getting feedback from others in your class isn't really ideal since you are competing against them for the moment and they can only really help you with language expression/grammar and not content.

Plus the coffee stain on your journal will create a dimension of originality to your MW lol. GL!
Yeahhh true, it's just sometimes, you change it to a point where you're not sure if things still makes sense, or if you dragged away from certain themes you had identified earlier.

haha hopefully the markers will share your view!! thanks :)

random-1005

Banned
HSC
With my major work my teacher told me he read it and all was fine and perfect. Then last week he said it reads very tacked on and does not seem to flow. He decides to tell me this now just a few short weeks before it is due, where i am going to have to re-record things and redo editing. Anyone else think my teacher has been a complete and utter a$$hole?

He is being really useless but i am really really pissed. Does anyone know if i can change medium still without any promblems or anyone been in a similar situation? Please comments are required.
Thats what you get for doing exten 2 eng.
best way is to play it safe and do subjects with no major works than nothing can fuk up at the last minute

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)