Pros and cons of enrolling into a selective school for Year 12 (1 Viewer)

Gigacube

HSC
My 100 streak was broken from a last question in a mathematics topic test, lucky for me, it does not count, (Yes!)
If you do well enough you may be able to get scaled up in physics. Not sure about english. MX2 will be the best for you.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
I really think my school lags behind in maths. For extension our teacher spent the whole first term doing properties of circles :/
And for 2U we have only done algebra,equations and plane geometry

Gigacube

HSC
Hahahaha, sounds like my school! We only have like 3 general classes, 1 advanced class with about 18 in there, 1 extension class with 6 or so people and an 'applied' maths class, which is pretty much your maths methods class.
That's what it's called. Applied. Yeah, there's probably about 20 kids in there. I doubt they bother to do anything. I walked past their classroom once and saw paper planes.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
If you do well enough you may be able to get scaled up in physics. Not sure about english. MX2 will be the best for you.
Little effort is required, I got 1st in Physics and Mathematics exams in my class without studying.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Calm down, no need to get ahead of yourself.

Everything scales down bar MX2.

Gigacube

HSC
What's applied? o_O
'it's maths skills for people who don't want an ATAR and are stuck at school until they can drop out'

counts for units but not for atar

You still need to do well in externals to get a good mark. If you come first then you basically earn your mark yourself without the other students affecting you.

HSC
Uni Grad
heh our cohort had like 4 ext 1 classes, 4 2U and 4 general, then in year 12 its 1 MX2 class, 3 MX1 classes, 4 2U and 4 general (which dropped from 5)

and @SpiralFlex:
don't lie man... you still studied a bit for maths :p

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
But I'm boss now.

Don't worry, cosmo kramer is continuing the Koopa legacy.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
heh our cohort had like 4 ext 1 classes, 4 2U and 4 general, then in year 12 its 1 MX2 class, 3 MX1 classes, 4 2U and 4 general (which dropped from 5)

and @SpiralFlex:
don't lie man... you still studied a bit for maths :p
Got me there, but I don't study what we do at school.

annagurl

HSC
N/A
PSHH, GUYS!
Slyhunter's new Polizia Gallardo owns the turtle!
YOU MAD? HAHA :]

Ryan_T90

HSC
That's what it's called. Applied. Yeah, there's probably about 20 kids in there. I doubt they bother to do anything. I walked past their classroom once and saw paper planes.
I love hearing the stories of what goes on in the applied class at my school. They learn how to calculate the cost of groceries, bullshit like that. Apparently, for their assessment they will be going to Bunninngs and comparing prices or some rubbish like that. They often come out of class with work which has been covered with drawings of penises, haha.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)