Pros and cons of enrolling into a selective school for Year 12 (1 Viewer)

XTsquared

HSC
Btw, you can't pickup new subjects for year 12. You can only continue or drop the subjects you chose in year 11, so if you moved schools you can't pick up chemistry.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Btw, you can't pickup new subjects for year 12. You can only continue or drop the subjects you chose in year 11, so if you moved schools you can't pick up chemistry.
Are you sure about that?

XTsquared

HSC
Are you sure about that?
Yes. The preliminary chemistry course is a "prerequisite" for the HSC chemistry course. That's why a lot of international students who come to Australia have to start in year 11 (when they might be year 12 age/level).

Edit: As with any other HSC course.

Last edited:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Yes. The preliminary chemistry course is a "prerequisite" for the HSC chemistry course. That's why a lot of international students who come to Australia have to start in year 11 (when they might be year 12 age/level).

Edit: As with any other HSC course.
What if I can demonstrate Preliminary knowledge?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
But it's a prerequisite. That's different than just knowing the content.

HSC
Uni Grad
Shit is fucked, Gen Maffs, Eng Std and Senior Sci are completely different from the higher courses but it's perfectly okay to change to them.

Gigacube

HSC
Shit is fucked, Gen Maffs, Eng Std and Senior Sci are completely different from the higher courses but it's perfectly okay to change to them.
It's easy to learn the content according to my school. Is the first eng module the same for std and adv?

If you want to do senior science you can't do the other science subs.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
Let me get this straight, You cant do Senior Science with Chem,Phys or Bio in year 11 but you can for year 12? Thats weird, is there any thing you need to know in S.Science from year 11 for you HSC?

HSC
Uni Grad
Let me get this straight, You cant do Senior Science with Chem,Phys or Bio in year 11 but you can for year 12? Thats weird, is there any thing you need to know in S.Science from year 11 for you HSC?
Correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)