Quantitative Methods A (1 Viewer)

Acid

HSC
Is anyone just not getting this subject (ECON1202)? For starters the lecturer is impossible to understand (that's when you can even hear him) and just breezes over everything like we've all done it before. Haven't had a tutorial yet so i'm probably getting worked up about nothing, but i've had an attempt at some of the tutorial questions and passed question 5 or so they just get too difficult. It's probably really easy once it gets explained to you but at this point, i'm definitely looking at a fail.

Is anyone else in the same boat or am I just crap at maths? (Probably the latter - I only did 2u advanced for HSC).

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
I've been to the QMA tute today..... my tutor just went through the answers and the working out..... and if u don't understand anything you can ask your tutor.... i couldnt do a few questions mainly coz i've neva done inverse functions stuff before, i only did 2u too... but i think after your tute it wont seem that complicated anymore

tempco

HSC
Which lecturer are you talking about? Louis Yeung or Troung Troung? I was in T.T.'s lectures, but swapped over to Judith Watson's lecture stream... she's much more understandable from what I've heard.

Acid

HSC
I'm in Truong Truong's classes... what times are Judith Watson's lectures on? And how did you swap over? - just started goin to her classes?

RZ

HSC
well im lucky cause i did 4u maths and i did engineering last year at usyd and maths was compulsory and i did advance as well so this is just a revision for me :D

rainonmay: was ur tute at 11-12 in EE225 but we had to move?

tempco

HSC
@Acid

ECON1202 - Quantitative Methods A
Session One

Lecture Tue 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Mathews Theatre A
Lecture Thu 11:00 am - 12:00 pm Mathews Theatre A

It's the D stream if I'm not mistaken.. and I enrolled via myUNSW, but there's still plenty of spaces (56% full) so just turn up if you want.

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
hahah yeah i've heard from my friends that truong truong goes heaps fast and he finished the lecture in only half an hour today.

RZ

HSC
in the D stream u have Louis Yeung as lecturer i think well we had him last week his got alright english a bit of a fobish accent

Acid

HSC
Hmm that lecture stream doesn't seem to fit my timetable. Oh well, i'll just have to put up. Hopefully we dont have the same guy for tutorials.... *fingers crossed*

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Acid my advice to you is not to put up with it! Things are just going to get harder and harder, first few weeks of uni might seem simple because it's all introductory information which get developed on later.

Change your timetable if you have to, go to the consultation hours, go to PASS (is there pass for qma?) etc

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
The book pack ain't gonna be in till friday..

I havn't even seen the questions.. the lab seems easy enough.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
hahaha "Troung squared" we used to call him.
I had him for Micro in 1st year, I put up with him for half a semester, and switched over to Diane Enahoro (dunno if shes still taking it). If you dont like the lecturer you have, move to another lecture or else you wont really learn anything, and will have a lot of study to do come exam times

Acid

HSC
Eagles said:
The book pack ain't gonna be in till friday..

I havn't even seen the questions.. the lab seems easy enough.
Book pack was in for me... it's called "Intro to mathematical analysis" and comes with a solution book and a question book. The weird thing about it though is that the answers are only to odd numbered questions.... WTF!?!?

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
haha what a name.. Troung Troung!! lol

but yeah... i'm guessing with QMA just do the problems... go to tutes etc

tempco

HSC
Damn I found out the hard way that D stream was still a Fobish lecturer =_=

Does anyone have confirmed information on Judith Watson's lecture times?

EDIT

From WebCT, it's stream A for Judith's lectures.

A Mon 1 - 2 MAT B WATSON
Thurs 1 - 2 CLB 8

Last edited:

is a roflcopter
HSC
you dont need to attend lectures in qm to do well
just go PASS and your tutes

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
i hate the stupid solutions book for 'intro to mathematical analysis'... they do'nt even have all the answers..esp. the ones i need to do for my tutorial hw.

anyway... what exactly is PASS?

tempco

HSC
PASS stands for Peer Assistance Support Scheme... it's basically 2nd/3rd year students who did well (HD) in QMA/QMB and are being paid to teach first year students.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
nekkid said:
PASS stands for Peer Assistance Support Scheme... it's basically 2nd/3rd year students who did well (HD) in QMA/QMB and are being paid to teach first year students.
Its a good idea to go to these peer assisted learning classes. Nothing stops you from going to 2.
Its especially handy if QMA doesnt release final exam papers, your leaders can make a "mock" paper for your class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)