• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Queen Lear (1 Viewer)

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
There is supposed to be a production of Queen Lear in Sydney somewhere, at the theatre.
We're going all the way down to see it. Anyone else going to see it, or have seen it?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol

i thought they changed the title? for a different interpretation? if not, ant it's king lear, you should really get that fixed up!!

Aussiechick

HSC
no there's a representation of King Lear called Queen Lere which is a feminist interpretation of it. I'm going to see it next Friday. Sounds interesting - all the characters sexes are swapped except Oswald and someone else.

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by Aussiechick
no there's a representation of King Lear called Queen Lere which is a feminist interpretation of it. I'm going to see it next Friday. Sounds interesting - all the characters sexes are swapped except Oswald and someone else.

i am going to see it as well, i just have to book

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Good because I was going to say anybody who gets the name of a famous Shakespeare play confused and genders mixed up should not be doing advanced english.

Cicciolina

HSC
Yep I going to see Queen Lere with my English class sometime next month I think too!

ParagonAZN

HSC
N/A
Yeh my english class is going to see Queen Lear. Sounds wierd, we're all paying 22 bucks each to c it.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
sounds great. sounds interesting!! take good notes, or have a good memory!

santaslayer

HSC
i didnt take any notes......the bondi production was more of a modern interpretation of lear so there was the annoying buzzing synthetic music and lighting affects which allowed me to write jack

aud

HSC
Originally posted by ParagonAZN
Yeh my english class is going to see Queen Lear. Sounds wierd, we're all paying 22 bucks each to c it.
Woah... we were made to pay $32 - two buses for 4 classes... we're seeing it on Thursday afternoon (in my EE2 lesson :( )

korry

HSC
N/A
yeah our school's taking us to see the Queen Lere one and the one at Bondi....its not really a school thing coz we wear wat we want and make our own way there...the school's just handling the money bit of it

Foo Fighter

is queen lear worth seeing? where is it? how much is it if you werent goin' wif skool?

tnx

korry

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Foo Fighter
is queen lear worth seeing? where is it? how much is it if you werent goin' wif skool?

tnx
its $22...i dno if its worth seeing coz i haven't seen it yet...but i do need to talk abt different productions in the hsc rite?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)