Question Regarding Offers (1 Viewer)

smik11

HSC
If I get an offer for the main round but I don't accept it because I want to wait for an offer for the 2nd or final rounds can my offer be retracted if I don't accept it after the main round and be given to someone else in the subsequent rounds?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yes - 2nd and later round offers are the ones they haven't been taken up in the first round so if you don't tell them your are taking the first round offer they assume that if is available for offer to someone else in the second round and you may miss out altogether waiting for a later round offer.

It works like this:

1st round - 100 places offered at a cut-off of 88 - 96 people accept that offer meaning 4 places are available for offers in the 2nd round.
2nd round - 4 places offered and 4 places accepted - course full - no third round offers (and the people who didn't accept the 1st round offer are also out of that course).

smik11

HSC
If I accept an offer in the first/main round can I accept a different offer in the second round and decline the first offer?

Thanks

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
If I get an early offer on the 4th can I change preferences on that day and then get another offer on the 5th and choose between them?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If I accept an offer in the first/main round can I accept a different offer in the second round and decline the first offer?

Thanks

Yes - you would then have a choice - to keep the original offer or change to the second offer.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If I get an early offer on the 4th can I change preferences on that day and then get another offer on the 5th and choose between them?
I am not sure with that simply due to the tightness of the timing.

As you could literally accept at 4.59 p.m. on the 4th it wouldn't really be possible to process your changed preference before the offers went out the next day for everyone else but it might be possible. You could check with UAC tomorrow.

Last edited:

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I am not sure with that simply due to the tightness of the timing.

As you could literally accept at 4.59 p.m. on the 4th it wouldn't really be possible to process your changed preference before the offers went out the next day for everyone else but it might be possible. You could check with UAC tomorrow.
Main round offers come out on the 18th Jan. http://www.uac.edu.au/undergraduate/offers/ That's plenty of time for UAC to process your changed preferences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)