mathsbrain

HSC
N/A
1. Where can you buy 4unit textbook by someone called komoroni

2. How do you sketch y=x/((e^X) -1) without lhopital

braintic

HSC
N/A
To the best of my knowledge, Komaromi (the correct spelling) did not publish a textbook on the entire 4 unit course.
He produced separate books on Volumes, Graphs and Circular Motion (but not resisted motion). I believe he also had a book on Conics, though I have never seen it. The first two are spiral-bound books using the old foolscap paper size. I don't think they have been available for a number of years. I have physical copies of the first three, but no digital copies.

Regarding l'Hopital's rule .... at a recent conference on the marking of the 2013 HSC maths papers, they made it clear that any results that are beyond the NSW HSC syllabus (such as l'Hopital's rule) must be FULLY explained in order to use them. If you use l'Hopital's rule without any explanation you will get zero marks.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Why is limit as x -> infinity that y goes to 0? How do you explain this without using l'hopital's rule?
As x goes to infinity, e^x dominates the x on top, in heuristic terms e^x goes to infinity "faster" than x

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
As x goes to infinity, e^x dominates the x on top, in heuristic terms e^x goes to infinity "faster" than x
As for a rigorous proof, we note that

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Alternatively for the original limit as x goes to zero, we can see that

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
2. How do you sketch y=x/((e^X) -1) without lhopital
If you're just sketching don't you just apply the principles of graphing a division of two functions?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

Regarding l'Hopital's rule .... at a recent conference on the marking of the 2013 HSC maths papers, they made it clear that any results that are beyond the NSW HSC syllabus (such as l'Hopital's rule) must be FULLY explained in order to use them. If you use l'Hopital's rule without any explanation you will get zero marks.
Regarding this, they should just make it part of the syllabus soon.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
If you're just sketching don't you just apply the principles of graphing a division of two functions?
The issue is the limit of the function at zero, which cannot be seen graphically

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)