Questions about Bachelor of Construction Management and Universities (1 Viewer)

heatblaster34

HSC
Hi everyone,
I have a bunch of questions for studying Construction Management at different universities.

I am currently doing my HSC and I am really interested in doing Construction Management for my career. Although, now I am stuck in the dilemma of what course to choose between 3 universities (two of which I already got offers from). So, the explanation on these questions will seriously clear my mind up to choose the university that best suits me, typically from gaining insights by others experience of the course.

Today I just got a SRS conditional offer for Bachelor of Construction Project Management at UTS, which is a pretty good university in my eyes. I do want to persue this course, although I don’t know what to do with conditional offers and do they have a deadline for confirming the offer? Also for the people doing this course at UTS, does this uni provide integrated industry experience within the course structure, or do I have to apply for jobs myself? How is your experience of doing this degree at UTS?

Also, I have recently got an unconditional offer for Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours) at UWS, and that seems great for the time being. However, I am quite unsure about the value of this course from UWS and do they provide any industry experience within the course? Overall for the people doing this course at UWS, is it enjoyable and how is the parramatta campus experience for this course? Furthermore, should I accept this unconditional offer or should I leave it for last resort?

Lastly, I have heard UNSW also does Bachelor of Construction Management and Property, so I applied for that too and it is there in my preferances. How did the course turn out to be for the people enrolled in this course at UNSW? Also, does it feature industry experience too? Or do I have to find jobs/cadetships by myself? Moreover, is the 3 year full time trimester approach tiring or doable with/without a job?

On the bottom line, which uni is the best (considering all reasons outside and inside the course and the university) and how would you rank them in order for this specific course?

[Universities I am exploring are UTS UNSW UWS]

Thanks for reading this long post and any expansion on this will be very appreciable ☺

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Let's go through information about each university's program and based on that, determine which university may be most suited in terms of your studies.

Bachelor of Construction Project Management - UTS:

The lowest selection rank for this course is 86. You have received a conditional offer to study this course, which is a step towards ultimately receiving an unconditional offer. You mentioned that you don’t know what to do with conditional offers and whether they have a deadline for confirming the offer. You should normally receive such information as part of an email informing you of your conditional offer. Typically, the process of securing your offer (i.e. conditional → unconditional) involves placing this course as your top preference.

Regarding industry experience, UTS states that students are required to accumulate relevant industry experience prior to graduating. This course provides part-time and flexible study options to enable students to gain this industry experience during their studies.

Based on the above information, I believe there are two factors that you need to consider:
  • Since this is a conditional offer, are you confident in your ability to secure this offer? In other words, do you feel you will be capable of fulfilling the requirements associated with changing this offer from a conditional to an unconditional one?
  • While the university itself rarely matters, due to the fact that your academic position (i.e. results + GPA/WAM) is prioritised, do you feel that UTS is your dream/preferred university?
Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours) - WSU:

The ATAR requirement for this course is 75. You have received an unconditional offer to study this course, meaning that, should you wish to accept this offer, you have already secured a place to study at a university, as opposed to UTS (as of right now).

Regarding industry experience, WSU states that with the 1200 hours of industry based experience requirement before graduation, this course provides flexible and condensed timetables to enable you to undertake industry cadetships and other work-integrated learning activities.

One thing that stands out about this program is that it includes an Honours component. Completing an honours degree will not only prepare you for higher-degree study at master's and PhD level (should you wish to undertake such study in the future), but will also demonstrate to prospective employers a higher capacity for independent learning and research, along with enhanced problem-solving, critical thinking and communication skills, which are factors that are directly related to your future employment, possibly making this degree superior compared to its counterparts.

Bachelor of Construction Management and Property - UNSW:

The ATAR profile for this degree is as follows:

1636712504313.png

While UNSW does not describe industry experience relevant to this degree that it provides in detail, it does state that studying this degree will allow you to benefit from strong industry links and partnerships, meaning that UNSW most likely provides relevant industry experience with respect to this degree.

I hope this helps! :D

heatblaster34

HSC
I hope this helps! :D
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!
Your in-depth research has definitley cleared up some concepts in my perspective!

I think I should compare the units of what each university offers and then see what interests me the most to finally choose the course I want to do.

Once again, thanks for your insights and taking your time to clear my doubts!
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!
Your in-depth research has definitley cleared up some concepts in my perspective!

I think I should compare the units of what each university offers and then see what interests me the most to finally choose the course I want to do.

Once again, thanks for your insights and taking your time to clear my doubts!
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
No worries! Glad to know this cleared some things up!

That is definitely a good idea which will hopefully provide you with some additional insight into each course.

Best of luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)