Quick Questions [URGENT] (1 Viewer)

imoO

HSC
Hi,
As I am still preparing for my trials, and I've come across some things that I have not figured out.

19 – Calculation of equilibrium of income
not sure what equilibrium of income is

20 – Implications of Australia’s current account deficit
this one uhhh..
-CAD gets worse, then australian producers cannot compete, and we become a import based economy...not too sure what I'm talking about

21 – Monetary policy expansionary stance
I don't understand the difference between expansionary and contractionary monetary stance. Is contractionary trying to slow down the economy during booms?

22 – Calculation of Current account balances
Balance = credits - debits?

23 – Common features of developing countries
I wrote
-low GDP
-low HDI indexes (including life expectancies, literacy rates etc..)

am i correct?

24 – Impact of higher rates of marginal rates of taxation
No idea on this one

24 – Impact of higher rates of marginal rates of taxation
26 – Define price stability
28 – Impact of easing fiscal policy on the economy
32 – Current trends in Australia’s level of unemployment
35 – Calculation of real GDP

is it nominal GDP/something? I've forgotten
40 – Causes of market failure with regard to the use of environmental resources

As you can see, I'm having trouble with the things listed above. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT - more questions added..Please, I Need help ASAP!!!

Last edited:

darkfate

HSC
Expasionary- RBA decrease intrestrest rates and increase cash flows
Sell goverment securities
Contractionary- RBA increase intrest rates to tighenten liquidity(cash flows)
Buy government securities

P.T.F.E

HSC
Expasionary- RBA decrease intrestrest rates and increase cash flows
Sell goverment securities
Contractionary- RBA increase intrest rates to tighenten liquidity(cash flows)
Buy government securities

sorry but this is wrong

If the RBA wants to decrease interest rates they buy CGS. think of it this way CGS is paper right and the RBA pays money for them so when they buy CGS they are injecting money into the market increasing the cash flow.

and when they want to increase interest rates they sell CGS then the RBA holds the cash and the banks have the paper assets therefore decrease of cash in the market and decrease in the cah flow.

does that help?

P.T.F.E

HSC
Implications of a CAD, is the contraint on growth, if the economy is paying back debt then we are not investing into the economy and generating growth.

P.T.F.E

HSC
calculations of Current account

Net goods = exports - imports
Net services
net income
net transfers

example

exports = $40
imports = $50
Net services = -$10
Net icomes -$80
Net transfer = $20
therfore current account = -$80
and capital and finacial account always balance's the CAD so the capital and finacial account =$80

P.T.F.E

HSC

26 – Define price stability
28 – Impact of easing fiscal policy on the economy
32 – Current trends in Australia’s level of unemployment

is it nominal GDP/something? I've forgotten

!
26. price stability = inflation

Inflation is the rise in the genreal price level over a period of time

28. not sure about easing fiscal policy? worded strangely. well expansionary fiscal stimulates the economy seen in recent budget. contractionary is used to slow down economy and neutral is neither stimulating nor slowing down but simply not using fiscal policy to influence the economy.

32. unemployment 1990's unemployment peaked at 10.7% worse since great depression then due to consistant strong growth fell to 30 year low of 4% 07/08 then GFC hit and unemployment rose to 5.8% june as growth fell remained consistent on 5.8% in july.

35. Real GDP = nominal gdp x 100/CPI

36. market failure occurs because u cannot place a propety right nor price on the enviroment therefore it results from the difference between private and social costs and benefits the difference is externalities.
the price mechanism cannot place a price on these costs. an example of a negative externality would be pollution from factories cause sulpur dioxide in the air harming others. private benefits as they make profits from production and doesnt have to pay for pollution the social costs are bared by another who does not benefit from the production

imoO

HSC
lifesaver!!
thanks darkfate..u fool:p

THANKS SOO MUCH PTFE!!

keep the responses coming guys!
thanks alot

Uncle

Banned
HSC
cad does get worse.

Computer Aided Design can be a bitch to handle but it is necessary during the design stage of machinery

EDIT;

As you can see, I'm having trouble with the things listed above. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT - more questions added..Please, I Need help ASAP!!!
happens when you chop too many trees to an unsustainable amount of harvesting and not only do you lop more trees than you can grow, the customers arent happy about resource wasters..

DUUHHHHHH

Last edited:

Divinity_

HSC
Hi,
not sure what equilibrium of income is
If an economical system at equilibrium experiences a change in money, income, workers, or partial pressure, then the equilibrium shifts to counter-act the imposed change.

imoO

HSC
Please excuse my swearing...

What the fuck?

Uncle, you immature mother fucker, I've seen some of the immature bullshit you post around BOS. Grow the fuck up dickhead.

Samson, knowing you personally, I'd thought you'd have grown up by now. Clearly not. Why do you act like a fucking dickhead online? I never disturbed you, so fuck off, go study your chemistry.

Last edited:

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Please excuse my swearing...

What the fuck?

Uncle, you immature mother fucker, I've seen some of the immature bullshit you post around BOS. Grow the fuck up dickhead.

Samson, knowing you personally, I'd thought you'd have grown up by now. Clearly not. Why do you act like a fucking dickhead online? I never disturbed you, so fuck off, go study your chemistry.
If anyone has a phallus fixed on their cranium it's you.
Who else resorts to using "mother fucker" and "dick head"?
Obviously you, the "dickhead", you and your highly elastic and deformable cranium with an orifice at the top to spout liquid excrement, complimented with your hampered intelligence hence why you ask stupid questions here.

chistar

HSC
N/A
i think that's referring to the formula Y = Co (autonomous consumption regardless of Y) + cY (c=MPC) + I ... not sure about this one though

as australia has to continually loan more (larger K+F surplus) to pay off CAD. continual servicing costs which restricts future growth and could lead to potential debt trap scenario

expansionary = lowering cash rate to stimulate consumption and vice versa

balance on goods and services + net income + net current transfers = balance on current account

they tend to be based on primary industries - not much manufacturing (Australia is an exception - Steve keen referred to our economy as a platypus)

real GDP = nominal GDP/1 x 100/CPI

hope that helps :)

imoO

HSC
If anyone has a phallus fixed on their cranium it's you.
Who else resorts to using "mother fucker" and "dick head"?
Obviously you, the "dickhead", you and your highly elastic and deformable cranium with an orifice at the top to spout liquid excrement, complimented with your hampered intelligence hence why you ask stupid questions here.
I made a thread to seek help..which what everyone around here does.

If I'm the "dickhead" for doing that...I'm sorry. FUCKWIT.

I'm not the asshole that goes around to peoples threads and says fucking stupid shit like I have no life.

I'm not the one who fucking displays fucking Nazi signs in my sig, or is racist or anyshit like that. I'm glad you have the fucking balls to do that online, but in the real world, you'll get fucked over buddy. Keep hiding behind your little fucking PC. Asshole.

What's your TRUE and valid argument behind that flaming? I'm a dickhead for making a thread because I need help? Why don't you get a fucking brain mate. Grow up you immature prick.

Aside from this
i think that's referring to the formula Y = Co (autonomous consumption regardless of Y) + cY (c=MPC) + I ... not sure about this one though

as australia has to continually loan more (larger K+F surplus) to pay off CAD. continual servicing costs which restricts future growth and could lead to potential debt trap scenario

expansionary = lowering cash rate to stimulate consumption and vice versa

balance on goods and services + net income + net current transfers = balance on current account

they tend to be based on primary industries - not much manufacturing (Australia is an exception - Steve keen referred to our economy as a platypus)

real GDP = nominal GDP/1 x 100/CPI

hope that helps

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
samson gave me this page as a link. he sure made me lol

good luck to everyone doing eco trial tomorrow =)

darkfate

HSC
sorry but this is wrong

If the RBA wants to decrease interest rates they buy CGS. think of it this way CGS is paper right and the RBA pays money for them so when they buy CGS they are injecting money into the market increasing the cash flow.

and when they want to increase interest rates they sell CGS then the RBA holds the cash and the banks have the paper assets therefore decrease of cash in the market and decrease in the cah flow.

does that help?
Thanks for correcting me

Lol we all know Samson is a prick that fails at life and trolls other people just so he can get a bit of attention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)