• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

r we becoming more and more stupid?? (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
nerdsforever said:
yeah. i know. my maths teacher said that in a few years, the HSc syllabus is gonna change, so that some stuff in extension 1 maths will be covered in extension 2 maths, and stuff from 2 unit mathematics will go into 3 unit. basically, they are making the syllabus easier. and its sad to think that it will occur just afrer my year does the HSC :mad1:

i think they are doing this because they are realising that some material is not exactly neccessary to our life. but i do agree people are getting dumber.
head teacher said to me that statistics will take place in 2-unit ... amirite ???
coz thats y theyre moving these topics around as u said.

btw: john della bosca, improved table manners plz

BackCountrySnow

HSC
IronMaiden said:
You missed the point completely in the first place you turd, so I decided to let it slip. In that, dare I say it, typical pretentious wannabe smart guy display in your previous post one would have to presume I was saying "economics is..pointless, boring.. and of no worth to society" ad nauseam. However, without the god complex, one would realise I was in fact stating, HIGH SCHOOL economics is boring and pointless, hence the "go to university" statement.

Instead of responding to the total douchebag display I decided to fail you, but in future if you expect me or anyone to read anything you say include cliffs in your posts, at the moment they are too long winded, exaggerated and you really do fail at life. You're in high school kid, you aren't going to save anyone with your "super economics skills", don't take it so seriously.
hahaha! wtf? if you meant 'HIGH SCHOOLeconomics is boring and pointless' why would you add that shit about world GDP:

'statistics are constanly changing and could never possibly be correct or even slightly accurate (World GDP) due to the methods in obtaining such statistics, human error, lies etc'.

By saying that stats can't ever be even slightly accurate isn't just an attack on the HSC course buddy, how far can you stretch this piece of shit you're pumping out of your ass?

But thank you, for failing me instead of responding. Your opinion is valued and your posts are appreciated.

LoL at you calling me 'kid'.... You don't even sound like you've hit puberty yet.

Last edited:

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
You obviously aren't very confident in your argument with the constant need to edit your responses and bring in issues of puberty and the like (lame). Just leave it KID, you've lost. Let the people have their thread.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
IronMaiden said:
You obviously aren't very confident in your argument with the constant need to edit your responses and bring in issues of puberty and the like (lame). Just leave it KID, you've lost. Let the people have their thread.
umm yes, because noone uses the edit button to fix up spelling mistakes.
Haha, 'leave it kid, you've lost'. You are the worst troll I've come across. You need to develop a more mature posting style to seem legit. Until then, just focus on the school cert or what ever you're up to and act your age.

See you around.

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
So what was I saying before I was attacked by a ball of incoherence? Oh yes, HSC Economics - boring, pointless, pretentious. You don't learn anything of real value so you didn't miss much, so don't worry. Those dance students got those valuable six months before they became another drop out, be happy for them. It's not like as a HSC student you could apply it to anything anyway.

Felix Jones

HSC
nerdsforever said:
yeah. i know. my maths teacher said that in a few years, the HSc syllabus is gonna change, so that some stuff in extension 1 maths will be covered in extension 2 maths, and stuff from 2 unit mathematics will go into 3 unit. basically, they are making the syllabus easier. and its sad to think that it will occur just afrer my year does the HSC :mad1:

i think they are doing this because they are realising that some material is not exactly neccessary to our life. but i do agree people are getting dumber.
totally agree man... soon curve yar 11 stuff will be part of hsc..and thats just plain wrong.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
IronMaiden said:
So what was I saying before I was attacked by a ball of incoherence? Oh yes, HSC Economics - boring, pointless, pretentious. You don't learn anything of real value so you didn't miss much, so don't worry. Those dance students got those valuable six months before they became another drop out, be happy for them. It's not like as a HSC student you could apply it to anything anyway.
thnks 4 da lulz.
ke3p em cumin.

Anyway, ive heard theres a new maths course that's going to e easier than general. maths fundementals i think its called. It'll be like check-out chick maths.

Felix Jones

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
thnks 4 da lulz.
ke3p em cumin.

Anyway, ive heard theres a new maths course that's going to e easier than general. maths fundementals i think its called. It'll be like check-out chick maths.
how do get make a course thats easier than general???

promise im not lying i was tutoring this year 12 girl who did general wheni was in year 8...

BackCountrySnow

HSC
MФëỹ™ said:
how do get make a course thats easier than general???

promise im not lying i was tutoring this year 12 girl who did general wheni was in year 8...
i dunno, simple addition...lol.

Charlessunstrum

HSC
I'm not sure about mathematically oriented subjects but I know in english the standard is certainly increasing. Critical theory like structuralism, queer theory and such is becoming commonplace in the extension courses. This was not the case when our teachers were at high school. Perhaps the subjects are aiming to achieve some kind of equilibrium? Maybe to reduce the severity of scaling? I’m not sure, just some thoughts...

HSC
lol queer theory? wtf? so happy i don't do extension english...

that whole economics argument made me laugh.

and yes, i do think we are getting dumber

Felix Jones

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
wtf?
they're taking harder 3u out?
aaargh wtf is happening with Australia???

10 years from now, our certificates might not register in other countries....wtf???

those idiots upstairs better toughen up, we need a more educated society, instead of increasing peoples' educations they lower their standards....how the hell does that help anyone...they're only fooling themselves.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I don't think we're becoming more stupid. They Government is just being more protective/making the course easier/less stressful.

Felix Jones

HSC
Aplus said:
I don't think we're becoming more stupid. They Government is just being more protective/making the course easier/less stressful.
y???
don't you think the government wants more highly educated people?? and by lowering the standards, it doesn't make us smarter, hence depreciation in the value of our HSC school certificates.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
MФëỹ™ said:
y???
don't you think the government wants more highly educated people?? and by lowering the standards, it doesn't make us smarter, hence depreciation in the value of our HSC school certificates.
I do not think that the exams became easier. They obviously didn't. If you look at the past papers of Mathematics in the past 15 years, they have become significantly difficult. On top of that, the results have been quite consistent over the years meaning that the quality of students got higher every year.

I do not want to get into argument here but I am just expressing my opinions. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)