Racist comments from Simon Fuller - Cameraman Incident (1 Viewer)

HSC
Thank the lord for Media Watch! What a disgusting bigoted man Simon Fuller is...I'm glad he's been fired.

[youtube]ehAXbQ6Rnvk[/youtube]

What are your thoughts on this? What should be done about these sorts of provocation and sensationalism? Australian journalism is reaching all time lows. Channel 7, 9 and 10 are continually spouting shit.

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Although I normally dislike this whole political correctness issue, the father did ask them to stop quite a few times, and I really don't know what the cameraman was expecting more from it seeing as they normally just film the first few steps outside court then that's it.

Definitely provoked from what i just saw.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
This was a fucking disgrace. Good on Media Watch for catching it, otherwise the guy would have gotten away with it completely.

Sadiah

HSC
Oh, if a cameraman is told to "please leave", and he doesn't, even after the repetition 25 bloody times, then obviously people would get pissed.

What a stupid cameraman. Pfft, he is doing his job, yerrryt. What job? Getting people's faces and not leaving when they're told to simply fCuk off?

The cameraman must be darn deaf.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
What a stupid cameraman. Pfft, he is doing his job, yerrryt. The cameraman must be darn deaf.
Cameramen operate a special kind of camera that take a rapid sequence of photographs, or 'frames', often accompanied by an audio recording. These are often called 'video cameras'. It is quite clear that he was doing his job as a cameraman.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Oh, if a cameraman is told to "please leave", and he doesn't, even after the repetition 25 bloody times, then obviously people would get pissed.

What a stupid cameraman. Pfft, he is doing his job, yerrryt. What job? Getting people's faces and not leaving when they're told to simply fCuk off?

The cameraman must be darn deaf.
Reading a few random comments on websites say that apparently it's legal to take photos/shoot someone in public.

Can someone with knowledge of the law clarify this?

Since when does legal protection take over reason

Flying_Mangina

HSC
Reading a few random comments on websites say that apparently it's legal to take photos/shoot someone in public.

Regardless, the camera-man un-provoked, racially and verbally abused a man, who pretty much begged to be left alone.
but i am interested like you, for an answer.

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
yeah 7 9 and 10 are scum
we all know it
none of this is new lol
if i was being filmed i would record or film them for sure incase they provoked me etc

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
it is legal for them to film public interest or someshit
calling him a terrorist is defamation i would suspect

Sadiah

HSC
Cameramen operate a special kind of camera that take a rapid sequence of photographs, or 'frames', often accompanied by an audio recording. These are often called 'video cameras'. It is quite clear that he was doing his job as a cameraman.
My apologies, then.

Flying_Mangina

HSC

Im sure there are some limits to it, otherwise people it would be legal to go around filming ladies cleavages and legs and asses, without any punishment. and men's stuff too i guess.
Btw, who was using the 2nd camera? the one from behind?

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
The law is known as "Photographer's Rights".

4020 Φ NSW Photographer's Rights

Yes, street photography without the subject's consent is perfectly legal. No, you can't take abusive footage of cleavage etc, as they can be derived as violating Anti-Voyeurism Laws.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I would trip into them and make them drop their camera oopsies oh no what a complete accident

Flying_Mangina

HSC
Also, can't believe he didnt bash them. I would of fucking destroyed them, but thats probably what they wanted :S.

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
i would engage them in polite conversation on the issue until they got bored
or run really fast so the camera man had to run with his camera and eventually trip
or play hide and seek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)