Racist comments from Simon Fuller - Cameraman Incident (1 Viewer)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
I'd wear a jetpack to court so I could make an impromptu exit if I was being harassed.

HSC
Even if it is permissible to photograph and record people in a public place, Simon Fuller had the worst of intentions. His desired goal was to provoke them and defame them (which he did)...surely there are laws against this?

I wonder what else they've done that hasn't been "media watched"...

This is Simon Fuller's mobile number by the way guys: 0423 889 088
Courtesy of twitter.

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
um no i doubt there is anything stopping him from doing what he did
except for calling him a terrorist
which
defames

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
His desired goal was to provoke them and defame them (which he did)...surely there are laws against this?
Are you retarded? You want to legislate against people's "desired goals"? You think it should be illegal to provoke someone? Don't be such a baby.

Calling him a terrorist is obviously harassment though.

HSC
um no i doubt there is anything stopping him from doing what he did
except for calling him a terrorist
which
defames
The defamation is not only in regards to the terrorist comment. Both channel seven and channel ten aired edited footage, showing the father to be some sort of Muslim monster.

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
they dont have to show the entire clip
what the showed didnt defame him

the bits they omitted did, probably to ensure they couldnt be sued
for
defaming him

HSC
Also, can't believe he didnt bash them. I would of fucking destroyed them, but thats probably what they wanted :S.
They showed a lot of self restraint. The father was a cutie patootie. Wow, if somebody ever called me or anybody I knew a terrorist...I seriously...don't even...

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
you're a smart girl
definately risk an assault charge and give them what they want just because they called you a terrorist lol

HSC
you're a smart girl
definately risk an assault charge and give them what they want just because they called you a terrorist lol
I would definitely not fight or be violent. I would just be devastated. I would never forget it...and I have a shit memory.

badquinton304

HSC
Disgusting, the media has been given the right to freely record people in public for the intrest of the public, this right has been abused.
The camera man is an asshole, he provoked him on purpose knowing full well that his "right" would protect him, he knows that this makes him untouchable and so uses the opportunity to get some media gold.
I did not think this would happen here.
Also this shit has been going on for a long time.

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
also i am sure that this simon would have been given the directive to try to provoke people
should be going higher, management should be in shit
as if they wouldnt be directing cameramen to provoke

Flying_Mangina

HSC
There is nothing stopping the camera man at filming someone. Thats final. The only thing he did wrong, was racially and verbally abuse someone, who did absolutely nothing wrong. The guy who edited the clip, is defaming, and he can be punished. The camera-man can be punished for verbal and racial abuse, thats it, not for filming.

Flying_Mangina

HSC
also i am sure that this simon would have been given the directive to try to provoke people
should be going higher, management should be in shit
as if they wouldnt be directing cameramen to provoke
I dont think he would be asked to try and provoke someone. I think he just wanted to get a good story, so he could get a promotion or something.

HSC
I dont think he would be asked to try and provoke someone. I think he just wanted to get a good story, so he could get a promotion or something.
"I hope this footage ruins the rest of your career, you shit smeared fuck face!" - youtuber

Doesn't look like he'll be getting a promotion in...forever lol

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Regardless, the camera-man un-provoked, racially and verbally abused a man, who pretty much begged to be left alone.
but i am interested like you, for an answer.
Yeah pretty much what I think as well.

Im sure there are some limits to it, otherwise people it would be legal to go around filming ladies cleavages and legs and asses, without any punishment. and men's stuff too i guess.
Btw, who was using the 2nd camera? the one from behind?
Of course there's limits to it, but just from what I've seen in the typical 'just out of court footage' the media often gives - they take 1-2 minute shots after leaving court then head off.

No real reason to stay and bug them really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)