• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Raped by her uncle, but can she have an abortion? (2 Viewers)

HSC
Graustein said:
1.) Early on someone mentioned "playing God" by killing a foetus, asking whether we have the right to decide who lives and dies. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't pretty much the entire medical field about preventing people from dying? My point is that if you're playing God by stopping people from being born, aren't you also playing God by stopping them from dying? I mean, following the "playing God" train of thought, God must have made those people sick and dying to begin with, so isn't the whole medical profession in defiance of God's will?
As a christian i think that we should be giving people the best chance at life, I think that if it is God's time for that person to die, they are going to die regardless of what we do. He is more powerful then anything

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
umm you are imposing your opinion on us too arn't you, the point of this thread is for peoples opinions.
If your opinions are justified with some kind of reason, then yes you can. But if you say something like "Oh no, abortion is wrong" and leave it at that, then it's useless. That's what I meant by 'fundies'. So if you give a good enough reason as to why abortion is wrong in this case, then people will agree with you.

And I'm not trying to impose an opinion on anyone. Just because I posted it, doesn't mean you have to agree with it. Hey, I couldn't care less if you disagreed with me. It's just people who give statements without evidence and reason that annoy me.

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
As a christian i think that we should be giving people the best chance at life, I think that if it is God's time for that person to die, they are going to die regardless of what we do. He is more powerful then anything
It's a dilemma that can't be sorted out by simply saying that it's God's decision when we die (which imo is a ludicrous statement in itself, but whatever). It's too complex to simply say "abortion is wrong", ignore the wellbeing of the girl and assume that the only right path is to have the girl have the baby. It's a really hard call to make, but I can't understand why people are just...disregarding whatever rights the girl has to control her own life. It's sick.

Anyway, I read today that she's having the abortion. So regardless of people's personal opinions on the matter it looks like reason won out here.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
It's a dilemma that can't be sorted out by simply saying that it's God's decision when we die (which imo is a ludicrous statement in itself, but whatever). It's too complex to simply say "abortion is wrong", ignore the wellbeing of the girl and assume that the only right path is to have the girl have the baby. It's a really hard call to make, but I can't understand why people are just...disregarding whatever rights the girl has to control her own life. It's sick.

Anyway, I read today that she's having the abortion. So regardless of people's personal opinions on the matter it looks like reason won out here.
You are my hero.

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
want2bdifferent said:
Your morality sickens me. You are so blinded by your absolutism you cannot see the damage and havoc which you would wreak.

Farfour

Banned
HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:

POTY nominations say yes.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
I think that if it is God's time for that person to die, they are going to die regardless of what we do. He is more powerful then anything
want2bdifferent said:
I think that if it is God's time for that person to be raped, they are going to get raped regardless of what we do. He is more powerful then anything
want2bdifferent said:
I think that if it is God's time for that person to suffer, they are going to suffer regardless of what we do. He is more powerful then anything
want2bdifferent said:
I think that if it is God's time for that person to have their family slaughtered, they are going to have their family slaughtered regardless of what we do. He is more powerful then anything
...how do we differentiate between what is God's doing and what is not?

HSC
well the thing it is our sin that makes us suffer. God does not cause people to sin. When you say that God Causes people to be raped he does not it is the Rapist that causes it to happen. Sin is the cause of everything bad.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
well the thing it is our sin that makes us suffer. God does not cause people to sin. When you say that God Causes people to be raped he does not it is the Rapist that causes it to happen. Sin is the cause of everything bad.
Okay, but death is always God's will, right?

What of the cause of death?

So when someone dies of cancer, how will we know if it was to do with the person's lifestyle, chance of nature or act of God?

When that ethopian baby lives for 2 days and dies, is it act of God or to do with the circumstances to which the baby was born in?

HSC
God decides when people die, but it is not his fault that there is death in the world it is ours, there is sin in the world and the punishment for sin is death, we die because we sin it is as simple as that. If someone is murdered then that is because someone has sinned by killing them.

Overall the reason we die is because we sin.

It is the same for sickness that is because of sin that there is sickness as well, i am not saying he is directly punishing that person if they get sick, i mean that it is sin in the world as a whole that causes it.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
God decides when people die, but it is not his fault that there is death in the world it is ours, there is sin in the world and the punishment for sin is death, we die because we sin it is as simple as that. If someone is murdered then that is because someone has sinned by killing them.

It is the same for sickness that is because of sin that there is sickness as well, i am not saying he is directly punishing that person if they get sick, i mean that it is sin in the world as a whole that causes it.
1. So what about babies that die in the womb, they haven't done anything you could consider a sin (unless you are truly a wackjob that thinks a foetus is capable of evil).

2. This is getting into territory more suited to the Does God Exist thread.

3. Your point about murder makes no sense to me. If someone is murdered, it is because someone took it into their heads to kill them, the fact that it's considered a sin is not really relevant...?

HSC
want2bdifferent said:

emytaylor want(s)2bdifferent.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
1. So what about babies that die in the womb, they haven't done anything you could consider a sin (unless you are truly a wackjob that thinks a foetus is capable of evil)
Original sin yo.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
God decides when people die, but it is not his fault that there is death in the world it is ours, there is sin in the world and the punishment for sin is death, we die because we sin it is as simple as that.
Uh... don't you think that's a contradiction?

If someone is murdered then that is because someone has sinned by killing them.
So wait, when someone gets murdered, they have to die because of someone else's sins...?

In that case, the world is coming to an end! Oh snap! Everyone, take cover!

I hate to tell you this, want2bdifferent, but you're really not doing yourself any justice by saying stuff like this.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Graney said:
Original sin yo.
always thought that was just a fundie nutter idea like the rapture, tbh. You can't have sinned if you didn't do anything except float there in your sack of fluid and kick occasionally...

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Graney said:
Original sin yo.
ORIGINAL SIN CUZ ADAM DID IT AND HE WOZ YR ANCESTOR.

seriously I think God was on to something... If you recieve multiple life sentences then those left over should go to your eldest son, followed by the next eldest etc... if you run out of them then their children, if no one is left then the debt is repaid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)