• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Raped by her uncle, but can she have an abortion? (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
scarybunny said:
I'd like to think that the biggest decision of my life (i.e to have a child) would be decided by me, not by a broken condom.

But I tend to determine right or wrong based on the individual circumstances of a case, rather than having a blanket statement that covers all situations.
Murder is wrong.
Stealing is wrong.
Abortion is wrong.
I feel that there should be so much more depth to morality than that.
Completely agree.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
I still don't completely agree with you serius.
What I'm saying is, I'm prochoice, and that's fine, but I just think different situations should be evaluated accordingly. I don't like blanket statements.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I should've elaborated--just because she can ovulate doesn't mean that her hips are wide enough to have a delivery without complications. Usually you only reach your maximal hip development when you're about 16 or so if I'm not mistaken, but definitely not at the start of puberty unless she's one of those exceptionally early starters who's been having periods for a few years already.

If she goes into prolonged delivery due to her hips not being wide enough, she may develop a fistula as well but that's a whole other story in itself.

PunkKidWu

HSC
a decision like dis is really hard, it realli depends on each person moral on if they go against it or with it. there is really no right or wrong in a decision like dis, i realli feel sorry for the girl though, to be raped by some faggot uncle at such a young age and having to go through so much suffering and stress

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lala2 said:
I should've elaborated--just because she can ovulate doesn't mean that her hips are wide enough to have a delivery without complications. Usually you only reach your maximal hip development when you're about 16 or so if I'm not mistaken, but definitely not at the start of puberty unless she's one of those exceptionally early starters who's been having periods for a few years already.

If she goes into prolonged delivery due to her hips not being wide enough, she may develop a fistula as well but that's a whole other story in itself.
Exactly. I didn't start rounding out into anything resembling a woman-shape until about 2 years after my period started. I doubt an 11 year old (even a very early bloomer) would have the physical capacity to give birth.

Menstruation is not the only requirement to carry a baby.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Exactly. I didn't start rounding out into anything resembling a woman-shape until about 2 years after my period started. I doubt an 11 year old (even a very early bloomer) would have the physical capacity to give birth.

Menstruation is not the only requirement to carry a baby.
You guys do know what a Cesarian is right? and that much younger people than 12 have given birth by it before? i am not saying that all these 11yrolds should go and get knocked up because they can till have a baby, but lets not pretend that its impossible.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Serius said:
You guys do know what a Cesarian is right? and that much younger people than 12 have given birth by it before? i am not saying that all these 11yrolds should go and get knocked up because they can till have a baby, but lets not pretend that its impossible.
So you think cutting open the uterus of an 11 year old is a viable option?

Have you heard of complications in caesers?

I have.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Serius said:
It's not impossible but the risks associated with giving birth (via any means) at that stage of development are too high to justify it.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Riet said:
Umm, no. No different than normal sex.
actually it is very rare, as the human body is put under such a great deal of stress, the reproductive system of the female tends to shut down, it would have to be on a certain couple of days, and even then it is very hard. That is even why some people who want kids so badly that is causes them to stress, get pregnant if they give up.

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
actually it is very rare, as the human body is put under such a great deal of stress, the reproductive system of the female tends to shut down, it would have to be on a certain couple of days, and even then it is very hard. That is even why some people who want kids so badly that is causes them to stress, get pregnant if they give up.
What

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I didn't realise you were a doctor.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
Scientists found "that a single act of rape may be more than twice as likely to make a woman pregnant than a single act of consensual sex."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1398894.stm

rape is a successful way for a man to spread his genes.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
Where do you get told all this rubbish.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I like how the reproductive system shuts down. As though the only purpose of reproductive organs is for reproduction, and they can just shut down! Off. Like a switch.
Very cool.

And lol @ the last part. I really lol'd.
Maybe they're doing it wrong

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
It's okay. It's fairly obvious from emy's other posts that she has no idea wtf she's talking about 99.9% of the time.

-Edit- Sorry if this post didn't make sense, I was too preoccupied with the fact that my reproductive system now has the ability to shut down. -pushes belly button-.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Also... Josef Fritzl raped his daughter 2835798235 times and she bore 7 of his kids.

She just must have like, super duper ovaries or something... AND A WOMB OF STEEL

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
Hey Em :)
Ive never heard that...i think ive heard the opposite (???)
Can u post a link or something?

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
I was about to say that. Of course she can't, because it's scientifically incorrect.
I think the only reason true is nice to her is because they have a simliar intelligence level =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)