Rare glimpse of tribe hidden deep in Amazon (1 Viewer)

Trajan

HSC
Diablo 3 Screenshots leaked

But seriously...this is a joke right?

lmao

this is one of the most blatantly photoshopped pictures ive ever seen .

P

Pimpcess.Snaz

humglish said:
'Extinct'
What? They talk about them as if they were animals.

Now, I'm not trolling, but why should we care if they become extinct. And I don't mean in the sense of killing them all, rather, why should we value nomadic tribes?​
Cause they look cool

Duh.

Nah, maybe cause we should appreciate every human? Would you find yourself asking "why should we value a family who has had their house burnt down" if you read about that in the newspaper?

Or maybe just as humans, we value the "different". Like, we might not full be really interested, but they do have an affect on us and that is some sort of value..

Jay-Dupree

Banned
HSC
Trajan said:
Yeah that's right Shoubadoo,

I wasnt aware of any developing technology of this type without having serious conflict with other tribes in the area or having expansive war fare in mind, which is usually what drives technological advancement, this is what lead me to believe that they may have come in contact with other tribes or at the very least been discovered but have been ignored because their part of the Amazon is not to be bulldozed.. just yet.

Also, to be fair- we arent talking about some advanced longbows or curved hornbows or anything, just simple basic bows.

As for the bow and arrow question, think about it this way, think of the humans as one big tribe, now how did they get the bow and arrow technology? Martians? Gorrillas? Dogs? Nope, these were invented. I don't see why a tribe of people can't invent a simple bow and arrow without having to resort to war.

Anyway, I think when they mean uncontacted, it means uncontacted from the industrialised world, which is totally possible. The Earth is big enough to sustain 8 billion humans, it's just that the 6 billion around today are squeezed into concentrated places. Brazil, Indonesia, all have deep jungles that nobody could be bothered to go into, what's the point these days?

This looks exciting, I don't see why people doubt the validaty. Is Earth totally conquered by humans? There are no places that humans have never been to? We know everything about planet Earth? Of course not.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
lol not sure how peaceful a low, hovering helicopter would seem for the first time.
These guys were freaked enough when they saw the Spanish on horseback.
Manimals!

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
boris said:
I can't tell whether you're trolling me right now, but ok.

I don't think we have any right to intrude. We don't need to go and visit them and rape them with disease, and we don't need to scare the fuck out of them with helicopters. I bet they're sitting around their campfires preparing for an apocalypse or something.

All you'd have to do to ruin their culture would be to drop down a bundle of Playboy magazines from a plane into their village. :D

xJennax

HSC
It's amazing to think these people have never had contact with outside world...amazing pics.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
Trajan said:
Diablo 3 Screenshots leaked

But seriously...this is a joke right?

lmao

this is one of the most blatantly photoshopped pictures ive ever seen .
LOL the orange ones do look like the minions from the game in Diablo2, especially with the poses HAHA

ohhh... for some reason the high aerial perspective of how the photos are captured kind of emphasise the power of contemporary society today
i say we leave them alone

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
we must seem like gods to them.

I would like to see contact made, offer up some technolodgy [simple shit they can understand, like a fire hearth] learn their language and slowly develop trade like medicine etc in exchange for meat or something, maybe they can integrate in a few decades or something.

iilinga

HSC
best to leave them alone really...i mean, they're so isolated, they won't have any immunity against most of our diseases, and the record for "civilised" humans coming into contact with "savage" tribes hasn't exactly been great...they'd be gone in a decade if we interfered, much better to leave them in peace, least there's more motivation to stop logging in amazon!

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
The_highwayman said:
The whole concept is a little reminiscent of brave new world to me.
yeah, reminded me of the savage reservations in BNW.

lol hey, can we have a little fun with em? like new survivor, only it's paris hilton living with the savages. i would watch that.

shannonm

HSC
N/A
anyone manage to find their row of huts using google earth?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)