Raw marks for Band 6 in Standard English? (1 Viewer)

Skriker

HSC
What Mark do you guys think the raw mark cut off would be for standard this year? It seemed to be quite a tough paper, so was wondering what are your predictions? I know I did better in the trials which I am extremely pissed off about :/

So what do you guys think the raw cut off would be for this year?? :D

oisac

HSC
Why do you want to hear an answer? We can't give you an exact raw mark and we don't know what raw mark it is going to be. What satisfaction are you going to achieve by knowing the raw mark of a band 6? Are you going to somehow go in the school and change your essay, no.

Last edited by a moderator:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
What Mark do you guys think the raw mark cut off would be for standard this year? It seemed to be quite a tough paper, so was wondering what are your predictions? I know I did better in the trials which I am extremely pissed off about :/

So what do you guys think the raw cut off would be for this year?? :D
BAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. What?!
It wasn't hard at all.
I think it'll be higher than last year and I don't even know what that was. I'm guessing 90%

oisac

HSC
BAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. What?!
It wasn't hard at all.
I think it'll be higher than last year and I don't even know what that was. I'm guessing 90%
Just because you interpreted the paper to be easy does not mean the whole state as an average will find it easier.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Just because you interpreted the paper to be easy does not mean the whole state as an average will find it easier.
Btw, last years paper had specific extracts in the module b section and that is what everyone in advanced was saying was hard about advanced this year. Ours was very straight forward for module b.
For module c into the world the question was the same as the CSSA trial. Like, exactly the same.
For module a the question was straight forward "how are people and their experiences portrayed through the distinctively visual?" or some shit.
So easy. Last year's had a comparison in module a, when we have never been asked to do a comparative study in standard before.
I believe paper 1 was more difficult but everything else was easy.

Skriker

HSC
Fuck!!!! I did shit in paper 1!!! But whatever. I only want Le band 6
My friend will get a state rank as his external. Fucking Indian cunt with his memorising. :p
Sorry should have been more specific, thought paper 1 was a tough paper* D:

M

MichelleV

I guess we will have to wait and see :(
I personally found paper 1 hard because we studied the Crucible, and making that text work for places was not the easiest question. All the advanced kids at my school did Syznerski (or however you spell it) and found it super easy :/

My only hope of Band 6 now is the fact I found paper 2 amazingly perfect for all my modules, and hopefully sections I and II bring my mark up a little :3

themanman

HSC
N/A
wow lol

advance kids are most likely going to have a cut-off lower than last year

which works well for us

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I personally found paper 1 hard because we studied the Crucible, and making that text work for places was not the easiest question. All the advanced kids at my school did Syznerski (or however you spell it) and found it super easy :/
My only hope of Band 6 now is the fact I found paper 2 amazingly perfect for all my modules, and hopefully sections I and II bring my mark up a little :3
This is EXACTLY the same as me... Shit...

wow lol
which works well for us
How? Ours will probably be higher just to fuck us off.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
This is the EXACT same situation I'm in. Hahahaha

wow lol
which works well for us
How? They'll probably make ours higher just to piss us off. :/

LachyLane

HSC
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't it very fucking hard to get a band 6 in standard? Like 30-50 people per year get it? I heard you need nearly full marks for everything and full marks for some? I'd say the cut-off would be definitely above 90, just an assumption though.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't it very fucking hard to get a band 6 in standard? Like 30-50 people per year get it? I heard you need nearly full marks for everything and full marks for some? I'd say the cut-off would be definitely above 90, just an assumption though.
I reckon so also you're nearly correct. 60~,30,0000 was the stat last year. You would pretty much need 40's for paper 1. 55+ / 60 for paper 2 depending on your modules. Band 6 is pretty dam hard for us. I think the statistics might slightly improve this year. Im aiming for band 85-88 for standard . I reckon ill get somewhere around there.

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
But they don't align any subjects down. So, it would have to be 90% or less to get a reported mark of 90. Otherwise there would be outrage from teachers and shit saying it was unfair and they'd have to change the system.

smartalec

HSC
I'd say 100/105.
i mean. SIXTY out of 32,000 students get a band 6. come on. That's less than 0.2%.
However, I'd probably eliminate about 15,000 who don't try at all.

Ivy Mike

HSC
I'd say 100/105.
i mean. SIXTY out of 32,000 students get a band 6. come on. That's less than 0.2%.
However, I'd probably eliminate about 15,000 who don't try at all.
I take it you haven't been to your average standard English class. I'd be guessing 25,000+.

utanobeiiby

HSC
from statistics of the recent years Band sixes in standard has always been around 0.2% .. what a fucking pain!
but i think the cut off is most likely above 85/105 but below 90.. cause trust me getting that << is pretty hard especially when standard students tend to die in paper 1..

joezia

HSC
around 4% of the state only a got band 5 in standard too, so im guessing around 30 000 people dont try at all or probably give a shit go

powlmao

Banned
HSC
around 4% of the state only a got band 5 in standard too, so im guessing around 30 000 people dont try at all or probably give a shit go
No, actually standard alligns poorly, hence it is harder to get a higher mark.

Also it was 0.12%

joezia

HSC
No, actually standard alligns poorly, hence it is harder to get a higher mark.

Also it was 0.12%
but still i mean a band 5 would be about 82/105, last year 61.51/100 aligned to a 75, so a raw mark of 70-75/100 may have aligned to a band 5, only 4% got that? im sure at least 30 000 people give less than a half decent try

rambooker

HSC
N/A
hey year 12's of 2011, i got an assignment on belonging to place or people, any ideas to what i can talk about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)