Read something and Forget it (1 Viewer)

TBK11

HSC
I got an problem need help most of the time when i read something out of a Textbook i forget what i just red. whether it be from a worksheet with a Massive passage then when you need to answer the questions i am completely stumped cause i forgot what i just red.

whats a way to actually intake what your reading there are people i know who read one page and they have almost memorized that entire page how?
how do you read a page or two and have it stuck into your head like a sheet glued into a book lol

Any advice would be helpful :D

samthebear

HSC
i think you're just reading without actually comprehending what you're reading. try to slow down (if you read very quickly) and think about each point before you move onto the next one. You need to develop the ability to pick out important information in a block of text and do so with great accuracy and speed.
For now i suggest you read your text slowly and try to absorb what is being said rather than just read it without comprehension.

pandaaMONIA

HSC
It's just the way some people learn and engage the material they're trying to remember.

I actually have to summarise the information I want to remember, then apply it into a physical situation - such as teaching someone the information, or doing exercises (Mathematics etc).

It's just the way you think - just try all different methods and settle with the one most comfortable :).

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
make notes (hence reducing the volume of contents and you learn while you make notes)

then read

= you got it!

Miss Code

HSC
i think you're just reading without actually comprehending what you're reading. try to slow down (if you read very quickly) and think about each point before you move onto the next one. You need to develop the ability to pick out important information in a block of text and do so with great accuracy and speed.
For now i suggest you read your text slowly and try to absorb what is being said rather than just read it without comprehension.
Agreed. Try also when you are reading to active read which is writting notes as you read, it helps you take in the information much more.
Good luck :)

spence

HSC
For writing notes, a good idea is to write one sentence for each paragraph. That way, when you re-read it, it is a much more manageable amount of reading

studentcheese

HSC
Yeah, it happens when I am reading my study notes so I have to force myself to actually pay attention to what I'm reading. It's music that distracts me but I have to keep listening to rock and roll or else I won't do any work at all.

Lukybear

HSC
You should try and comprehend the topic, because for me its far more easier to understand and remember the concepts then the statistics and data presented. And mabey typing notes would help as well.

Brontecat

HSC
i usually rewrite the stuff using my own words so that i get it and writing it down in my words helps me to read it and take it in better

HSC
thats why you do study notes ;)
although even then sometimes i forget things lol especially bio! arghh!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)