Read Up (1 Viewer)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Guys, I'm in a dilemma...

There's mutual feeling between myself and my best friend but we think that it might risk our close friendship with our whole group - we have the same friends.

Also, we were thinking to keep it off until HSC is over and that's what our other closest friends thought.

What do you guys think?

Eg155

HSC
Mmm yea, was in a similar situation...
IF you really like her, are you willing to risk losing her to someone else if you wait till after the HSC??
Another question is: can u handle the amount of time u have to commit to a relationship? Do you get easily distracted so that your studies get affected??

Annihilist

HSC
Honestly, screw the HSC.

Don't disregard it, but don't let it dominate your personal life. You should be able to do what you want with your personal life, so I'd say go for it, regardless of HSC or school or whatnot. Just do it.

In 5-10 years time, if you don't go for her, you are likely to look back and regret it. I highly doubt that this would happen if you chose her over HSC, but then again I don't know who you are.

Humans are inherently emotional creatures, so if you follow your emotions you are more likely to be more satisfied with the outcome. Given academia is intellectual, and the prospect of higher education and high income is material, it is safe to assume that you would appreciate the emotional satisfaction of pursuing your "love affair" much more than the intellectual and material gratification that comes from academics and careers.

That's my take on it anyway. And either way, if you have mutual feelings for each other, and you are best friends...is refraining from taking your relationship further going to benefit your HSC marks? If anything it will likely create more tension between you both, as you both want each other but deny it to yourselves for academic reasons. Go for what you want and release that emotional tension by following your desires. And being that much closer to another human being may be useful if you want to work on your schoolwork together, as well as an emotional counsellor for the stressful times.

And besides, if you are best friends and have mutual feelings for each other, is deciding to "go out" really going to change your relationship? It might add sex and intimacy to your friendship (which are healthy by the way, I would highly recommend it for someone who wants to do well in school), but otherwise it will be very much the same. Will it distract you? If the feelings are mutual you'll be distracted either way. So go for it.

I think that the sort of people who are willing to give up their relationships and intimacy for school and academic achievements are the sort of people who need relationships and intimacy more.

That's my advice - take it or leave it.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, if you're going to the same uni then just fuck at uni.
Gosh.

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
Date through HSC
People who say that their relationships affected their marks are just using that as an excuse and are weak.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Humans are inherently emotional creatures, so if you follow your emotions you are more likely to be more satisfied with the outcome. Given academia is intellectual, and the prospect of higher education and high income is material, it is safe to assume that you would appreciate the emotional satisfaction of pursuing your "love affair" much more than the intellectual and material gratification that comes from academics and careers.
learnt this the hard way

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

And did you really just recommend sex as a thing for people to do if they want to do well at school... u srs bro

If that was true, Plumpton High would be the numbah 1 school in the state (heheheheheheheheh)

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
If you're easily distracted, then i wouldn't go there. (it's hard i know.. but it's only really 6 more months bro).

If not and you think you can study effectively, go for it. (as many other people have done).

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Sex/Masturbation before an exam helps relax you and think more clearly...

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay, tbh, I'd say forget all your feelings about anyone.

Because like, a guy from my school had a gf that cheated on him with his best friend before the HSC, and he did well, but mostly off his internal ranks, because like, he was a bit pissed off, you could tell, it was horribad.

Like, just be a slut and fuck around, don't get attached.

Annihilist

HSC
learnt this the hard way

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

And did you really just recommend sex as a thing for people to do if they want to do well at school... u srs bro

If that was true, Plumpton High would be the numbah 1 school in the state (heheheheheheheheh)
Yeah I did.

Sex/Masturbation before an exam helps relax you and think more clearly...
What this guy said.

Sex is very healthy for the body and mind, hence, it's very good for exams. I'm not saying it will automatically make you score Band 6's (you still have to study and know what you're doing) but it will help to keep you relaxed and level-headed throughout the HSC.

One thing I find is more important than "knuckle-down study" for the exams is to relax and make sure you are calm, and can think clearly and logically. So yes, I highly recommend sex for people who wish do be able to tackle their exams in an effective mindset.

Of course, it's different for everyone.

Okay, tbh, I'd say forget all your feelings about anyone.

Because like, a guy from my school had a gf that cheated on him with his best friend before the HSC, and he did well, but mostly off his internal ranks, because like, he was a bit pissed off, you could tell, it was horribad.

Like, just be a slut and fuck around, don't get attached.
Yeah this works too.

It does depend on how you feel about said person, or anyone really. It's difficult to defy your emotions, so I find it's better to just run with them.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
HSC is important, don't just 'screw' the hsc as someone said above. You're 17/18 ATM, plenty of time for things to work out. You can date through HSC, leave it til later, anything, but if you have to get into something with a high atar, you might end up wasting a year or two to get into it if you just screw the hsc.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I might not get distracted but she definitely will. The other problem that that, I don't want our group which is tightly-knit to break into two because of us if it goes bad.

I was thinking leaving it till right after HSC.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
May I give my input? (No relationship expert/have not experienced human emotions yet)

lilly luta

HSC
aww... it's only a few months to go... If you can wait...It's a bonus :)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
That's not a flowchart. You need your terminals which is represented as an oblong and your decisions should be in the form of a diamond.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)