• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ready for trials? (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
While some of us have been dreading it, others may be anticipating it, yes it's the trials, and they're almost upon us.

So who's ready for the trials? How much work and study have you been doing in the past weeks?

Discuss or rant about your thoughts and feelings here.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I'm going alright, been trying to get as many past papers and practice questions done for all my subjects. Miraculously I haven't been procrastinating as much in the last week or two and done a little more work than I expected.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
Sorry for my ignorance but can someone explain to me what trials are? Do they go to the HSC or something?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
While some of us have been dreading it, others may be anticipating it, yes it's the trials, and they're almost upon us.

So who's ready for the trials? How much work and study have you been doing in the past weeks?

Discuss or rant about your thoughts and feelings here.
I've been studying about 3-4 hours a day. Hoping to bump that up to 5-6hrs starting from tomorrow, as i still have to do so much.

Business Studies: Mainly been focusing on this the whole holidays as theres so much content.

English:Started 2 practice essays. Going to just memorize essays and hope i'll get similar or at least adaptable questions.

Maths: Studied quite a fair bit, mostly before the holidays though. Have to really kill the next 2 assessments, to bring up my rank - lucky there's around 55% left.

Modern History: Haven't touched it. I've fluked my way through 3 assessments with little effort, and i'm hoping i can do it again, but i'm pretty sure it won't happen this time around. I'll just focus on everything except Germany, as it's pretty simple. I also have a assessment on Conflict in Europe which i can't find any info on or at least very little. :(

Religion: yes, i am zteh screwed. Have to learn the whole course again and about 3 topics which our teacher did very little on. Thank God essay questions are usually the same, except for that compare and contrast shit.

Last edited:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Deltan said:
Sorry for my ignorance but can someone explain to me what trials are? Do they go to the HSC or something?
NP, the trial HSC or yearly exams are usually worth 30-40% of the final assessment mark for HSC subjects, so yes they count towards your HSC assessment mark. Other then that if you have a illness\misadventure they can be used for your HSC mark.

Ready? :O not nearly as ready as I want to be I really got to get kicked into gear and organise my time.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
What i've achieved_
Business: did summaries, haven't spent too much time on it..

Maths 3u : i've been doing past papers. constantly trying to pound away at concepts that i've forgotten

Maths 2u: same as 3u .. not as much of a problem though.

PHys : some sample questions .. testing myself on the syllabus .. been reading extracurricular stuff. re-inforcing my understanding

IPT : summaries .. and stuff. not much to cover. Not much content in this course .. spent least time on this subj.

English : Did some past papers on unseen material .. did some prac. essays.

What i want to finish_
English: AOS and King Lear Prac Essay .. and finish reading the birthday letters

IPT : Finish summarising Core Topics .. and review the option 1s

Maths : do more past papers ... need more prac on 3u.

Phys : finish the list of questions i have .. revise Ideas 2 Implementations and Quantum to Quarks

Business : Finish Summaries for Financial Planning / Management and Bus. Management and Change .. and then revise marketing while looking over past papers, and my assignment.

as u see , i still have a lot to do. :(

P

pLuvia

Maths 3u - Going to start some past papers tomorrow, brushed up on some topics
Maths 4u - Been through one past paper :(
Japanese - Haven't done anything yet, and seeing as HSC speaking is soon, I'm in trouble, for Jap Ext anyway :(
Chemistry - Done summaries with all core modules, quarter through Indust. Chem dot points. Done some practice questions, pretty god with this subject. And also finished chemistry assessment task
English - Done nothing, have to finish assessment

So overall, not good :(

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Kent, has your school finished all business topics? Were almost finished employment and about to start finance, which is our last topic.

H

housemouse

I havent done much. Only done 4 hours of work in these holidays which doesnt include the maths lecture i went to as well as the regular tutoring i get. So at this stage, im not ready for the trials.

s2indie

HSC
Not much at all.

Finished my summaries of most courses, except SOR. I'm screwed for that.

But luckily I've got an English workshop at school tomorrow.

For maths to study the first few chapters.

And now, I'm working on my English assessment (speech) and Economics. So many articles to read. *eye twitches*

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
OK, so Modern History summaries take a million years to write.

Other than that I have Extension History (historian summaries + basically all the Crusades topic that we haven't actually covered properly in class...sigh...), Drama exam revision, IP and GP, and Music practicals and aural to revise. Oh, and a dodgy 5% Philosophy exam essay to study for.

.ben

HSC
I broke my wrist, and wasted 4 weeks of the 5 I had to study for the trials.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
havnt done any study.. been doing bloody assignments instead

passion89

HSC
I have so many assignments piling up...
Although, I am very proud of myself that I have some study under my belt at the moment. Now all that's left are those damn assignments.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Mc_Meaney said:
we were pretty lucky, only 1 assignment over the holz (had if for 3 terms tho) so no time devoted on assessments.
Same, as i had a large assessment block last term, due to the fact that we didn't have any assessments in term 2 besides the half-yearlies and the religion ISP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)