Reckon I'll get into a BA here? (1 Viewer)

Nuclear

HSC
wtf why do u and ur brother finish school so early do ur parents think ur mad or something
We were both accelerated in school.

And you know what? Forget I even asked anything. I forgot that this site was full of dickheads.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
I'll actually be 15 next year. And my brother goes to Usyd (just finished his 2nd year and he's 16) and has plenty of friends. Please, stop being an asshole and answer the question.
Fuck your still shooting blanks at 15.
If you want my opinion on weather you will get in or not.
No, i don't think you will.
They are going to look at your application and see that you achieved an ATAR in the 50's and you are 14. Instant rejection.

Nuclear

HSC
Fuck your still shooting blanks at 15.
If you want my opinion on weather you will get in or not.
No, i don't think you will.
They are going to look at your application and see that you achieved an ATAR in the 50's and you are 14. Instant rejection.
Thank you for a least giving your opinion. As belated as it was.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Shuttle Bus, its high time you stopped bothering with this half witted, 14 year old fool.
Deadset he is 14 and atar in the 50's.
He should go back to school for a few more years and mature a little then decide, instead of racking up some massive hex debt just for the sake of it

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Even if you did get in i think you would find it extremely challenging. If you're getting in the 50's for the ATAR your marks at uni would be atrocious unless you really changed your work ethic, and i mean really, really changed it.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
It's UWS.

Plus they'd look at it as a 61.15, applying for a 63.45 course.
It dosn't matter. UWS is still a university. It still needs to maintain some sense of academic respect. And by letting in 14 year olds with 50 atars it will turn into junior school.

debts

HSC
N/A
try notre dame, macleay or some other private college. or do a diploma at TAFE and get into a better course the year after. i'm in the same situation as you - i suggest going to various universities or institutions and asking about flexible entry schemes into their arts courses; what were your HSC results like? did a particular subject let you down?

Nuclear

HSC
Even if you did get in i think you would find it extremely challenging. If you're getting in the 50's for the ATAR your marks at uni would be atrocious unless you really changed your work ethic, and i mean really, really changed it.
If I got into the B Design, I'd do well. I'm good at graphics and all that. Won my fair share of contests.

Also, my exam marks were all high 70's. Almost 80's, just throughout year 12, I didn't do too well because I didn't really care, and then it kicked in I was in the HSC about 2/3 of the way through the year. So bad assessment marks brought my HSC marks down to low-mid 70's.

EDIT: Oh, also, the subject that I need to get into the course I did pretty well throughout the year and in the exam in.

Last edited:

Nuclear

HSC
Oh, I'm sorry. I missed your post.

And yea, I think I'd enjoy it more too. And probably do better at it. And it'd be easier to transfer if I did better at it, haha.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Another option is to try Tafe if you enjoy design. Enmore Design College is brilliant and once you finish studying there chances are you can apply for and mostly likely be accepted into the Design course at UNSW.
You may want to go straight to Uni and I can totally understand that, but seeing as you are very young you have a lot of time to work out what you want to do and perhaps Tafe is actually a good option.

Nuclear

HSC
Another option is to try Tafe if you enjoy design. Enmore Design College is brilliant and once you finish studying there chances are you can apply for and mostly likely be accepted into the Design course at UNSW.
You may want to go straight to Uni and I can totally understand that, but seeing as you are very young you have a lot of time to work out what you want to do and perhaps Tafe is actually a good option.
I've never actually totally understood the process of TAFE.

Say I did go to TAFE, how would I go about transferring to uni? And what marks would I need to achieve?

HSC

Say I did go to TAFE, how would I go about transferring to uni? And what marks would I need to achieve?
With either a cert 4/diploma from tafe it is possible to transfer to certain courses, but you'd have to look at the specific uni. afaik you just need to pass and achieve the award you're going for.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC

I was more thinking along the lines of just finishing three or four years at TAFE (depending on how long the course is) and applying for Uni right after. I don't know about transferring from TAFE to Uni midway through a course though. I'm pretty sure there would be a way of doing so but I'm not 100% sure how you would go about it. Try checking the TAFE website or giving them a call.
I guess as long as you pass you should be okay.

Nuclear

HSC
With either a cert 4/diploma from tafe it is possible to transfer to certain courses, but you'd have to look at the specific uni. afaik you just need to pass and achieve the award you're going for.
Ah I see.

Well, I dunno. I was actually really looking forward to this Design course, coz it looks like something I'd love, and isn't that really all that matters?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)