red P off during parking? (1 Viewer)

E

efast

especially with more expensive cars, ($25000+), good idea to avoid unnecessary attention?

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
pretty sure this thread is an unnecessary situation.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Why would a car with p's displayed be more likely to be the victim of theft or vandalism?

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
Graney said:
Why would a car with p's displayed be more likely to be the victim of theft or vandalism?

If anything odds are it won't get vandalised since most people that do that shit are around the same age as P platers and would sympathise with them.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
Raven3333 said:
If anything odds are it won't get vandalised since most people that do that shit are around the same age as P platers and would sympathise with them.

ohh i get what you mean.

hmm i dunno, maybe they would think "this prick has a better car than me and he only has his red's" *keys bonnet*

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Raven3333 said:
If anything, if I was going to steal a car I'd look out for one driven by elderly people, because at least you can be sure they won't bash you.

Young people are the most fit and aggro demographic, so it would be the last car you'd touch.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I used to take my P's off the car, cause I returned to my car to find no plates once. Someone stole them.

Bastards.

But I became tired of taking them off. Nothing's happened since. Seriously, if your going to park an expensive car in a car park, do it wisely and it probably won't get dammaged. Park in the middle of a group of cars, so if someone looses control (dunno how, in a car park...), chances are they'll hit another car and not yours. And if it's parked in amongst alot of cars, they may not see it.

Also, park next to a more valuable car... A potential car thief won't even look at your car, they'll see the one beside it. :D.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Just don't own such an expensive car. Huge, pointless waste of money when you're young. Buy a car for $5000 and invest the rest.

Jake22

HSC
Park in amongst a group of cars? This is wise? Are you stupid?

If you have an expensive (or one you care about) car you try NOT to park next to people, so they cant open their doors into you and drive off. People do it all the time, like my sister's car got a dent from a door just the other week. You could be like my uncle and park right on the line taking up 2 spaces, that way nobody can park next to him and he wont get it damaged lol, its funny yet embarassing.

If you have to park next to other cars, make sure its not a heap of shit. If it is decent (clean, tidy or expensive) then you would have less chances of copping a door from a ferrel or careless person.

People steal P-plates all the time, especially magnetic ones.
If you own a car and arent just using your parents cars, then just cable tie the plastic ones onto the number plates, and you never have to worry again (until you get your greens/full license/new car)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
My thoughts on subject:

1. Removing P plates is less likely to incite potential keying... maybe if you had a really nice Benz or BMW on your red P's, leaving your P's might spark jealousy and a keying? Heck someone keyed my Civic when I first bought it and it wasn't even sporty/modified/etc... >__>

2. Furthermore, people used to nick my magnetic P plates so I got used to taking them off and putting them inside my car. The other solution is to get one of those P plate holders which you screw into your number plate and hold the plastic P quite tightly and make it difficult to steal/remove easily.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
seremify007 said:
2. Furthermore, people used to nick my magnetic P plates so I got used to taking them off and putting them inside my car. The other solution is to get one of those P plate holders which you screw into your number plate and hold the plastic P quite tightly and make it difficult to steal/remove easily.
Yep exactl. I use magnetics and take them off unless I'm going to be quick but even then I was just getting a drink in a store and had one stolen so I don't do that much just down at my local supermarket or something like that. Otherwise to avoid hassle all around take an extra 30 seconds and take them off.

If you have the P plate holders then no. Just keep some spares in your car so if they get stolen you can just replace them easily. :)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Jake22 said:
Park in amongst a group of cars? This is wise? Are you stupid?

If you have an expensive (or one you care about) car you try NOT to park next to people, so they cant open their doors into you and drive off. People do it all the time, like my sister's car got a dent from a door just the other week. You could be like my uncle and park right on the line taking up 2 spaces, that way nobody can park next to him and he wont get it damaged lol, its funny yet embarassing.

If you have to park next to other cars, make sure its not a heap of shit. If it is decent (clean, tidy or expensive) then you would have less chances of copping a door from a ferrel or careless person.

People steal P-plates all the time, especially magnetic ones.
If you own a car and arent just using your parents cars, then just cable tie the plastic ones onto the number plates, and you never have to worry again (until you get your greens/full license/new car)
I see your point.

But I'd rather cop a door than a hopeless driver taking the front of my car out, cornering too sharply. Had that happen. Guess I'm lucky though. I have one of the old Falcons that has the plastic strip on the door to stop other doors hitting the body.

stunner

HSC
yeah with expensive ones its a good idea, P platers are especially targetted if they have a good quality car.

Jake22

HSC
^^^ (2 posts up) But how often do you hear about people losing control in a carpark lol

But yeah i suppose there are some shocking drivers out there, it would depend on the carpark/city. Also you'd get people who think they are mad doing doughies in carparks sometimes.

And anyway, if i saw an overly expensive car with red p's, i would assume it is their parents car.

:D

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Jake22 said:
^^^ (2 posts up) But how often do you hear about people losing control in a carpark lol

But yeah i suppose there are some shocking drivers out there, it would depend on the carpark/city. Also you'd get people who think they are mad doing doughies in carparks sometimes.

And anyway, if i saw an overly expensive car with red p's, i would assume it is their parents car.

:D
Well... I was in Brisbane when it happened...

Bloody Queensland drivers...

Haha.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
In years 7-10, at the school I was at at that time, all cars parked in the adjacent street which had Ps on them (i.e. clearly student cars) got egged/scratched up, while other cars were left alone.
The school ended up having to instruct students to remove P plates.

micuzzo

HSC
get the plates that u put on the inside... the suction cup ones

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)