Red P test question (1 Viewer)

Xu

dangerous driver
HSC
N/A
Hi,

I am about to do the red p test soon, which I'm very very very very very very nervous about

Do they test on 90 degree parking? I can only get them (in one fell swoop) about 50% of the time. :(

Also, am I supposed to stop completely as I reach a roundabout or am I just to go slow and give way to my right? My mom says "STOP XU!!!" but my dad says it's alright not to stop so I'm getting a bit confused.

thanks for the help!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Xu said:
Do they test on 90 degree parking? I can only get them (in one fell swoop) about 50% of the time. :(

Also, am I supposed to stop completely as I reach a roundabout or am I just to go slow and give way to my right? My mom says "STOP XU!!!" but my dad says it's alright not to stop so I'm getting a bit confused.
Kind of. You need to be able to drive in and out of the RTA parking lot.

Your mum is an idiot. Just give way.

Pace_T

HSC
when ur going to the rta to do the test, park the car in reverse so its easier when u start the test ;) also avoid the tight parking spots or anything that can make u look shit when ur actually doing the test.
do NOT stop when ur approaching a roundabout if its clear that there are no other cars around, just dont speed thru it like a crazy person such as me

CieL

HSC
No, there is no 90 degree parking.. there is parallel parking along the kerb though, behind one car

As for the roundabout thing, just slow down.
You have to be able to make your own decisions.

If the visibility is low, slow down considerably so you can stop in time.. it's like how I have this roundabout in my area in which there's a bunch of bushes on the RHS covering any sight of cars until you're at the roundabout's giveway line..

If the visibility is high, and you can obviously see no cars for another 100m, then theoretically you can just go straight through.

HOWEVER, in the DART, I do advise you to slow down.. just so the examiner knows you know to give way to your right.. even if there aren't any cars there..

It's like how my g'pa did the DART years and years and years ago.. he used to be a taxi driver overseas and was really good with driving.. and they failed him on not checking blind spots, when in reality he actually did do it really quickly because he's been doing it for years overseas..

So it doesn't hurt to be dramatic..

Xu

dangerous driver
HSC
N/A
Thanks everyone! ESPECIALLY for the tips! I'll be back with my Ps tomorrow!!! :) (hopefully :confused:)

CieL

HSC
Good luck.

Which RTA are you doing it at?

Xu

dangerous driver
HSC
N/A
Thanks :) I'm doing it at the Miranda RTA (in a few hours), which I hear people say is difficult...

CieL

HSC
Woot!!

How'd you go?

Meh, everyone says certain places are hard.. it's usually just because they're morons and don't see a stop sign at the RTA carpark exit

Xu

dangerous driver
HSC
N/A
The RTA thinks I'm a competent driver! :haha:

It was actually easier than I thought, though I was nervous for the duration of the test

The exact order of events...

1. school zone
2. roundabout (slowed down, gave way) :)
3. kerbside stop
4. hill start
5. threepoint turn
6. turning at a cross intersection
7. reverse park
8. stop sign
9. back to RTA

While I was in the RTA's carpark, I was told the test had concluded and that I could park anywhere and however I wanted (phew for no reverse 90 degree parking). And back in the RTA I was told to take a seat while my score (which I never got?) was being calculated. Xu got called up to the counter, and was told that I passed!!! despite holding up traffic in a school zone because I didn't know it was school holidays and that the school zone speed limits didn't apply.

Oh, and when I was driving home on my new P's, I encountered a roundabout which I didn't stop completely at and got scolded by my mother. :rofl:

Thanks again for all the help!! :wave:

HSC
woohoo congrats! :)

yeah i did mine yesterday, i never got my score. "you went fine. you passed." was good enough for me! :D.

Chris.

HSC
hey since u guys did it after july 1st...and obviously u got your L's ages ago...did u guys still only needed to do 50 hours instead of 120?

HSC
Chris. said:
hey since u guys did it after july 1st...and obviously u got your L's ages ago...did u guys still only needed to do 50 hours instead of 120?
only needed 50

Pace_T

HSC
congratz on getting ur p's Xu and Watatank!!!!!
i remember when i got my p's it was a while ago now, but it was the best feeling ever

CieL

HSC
Pace_T said:
i remember when i got my p's it was a while ago now, but it was the best feeling ever
I literally jumped around the RTA like a nut when the old man told me I passed =]

Xu

dangerous driver
HSC
N/A
Chris. said:
As the others have said, it's only for new L-plate learners after July 1st.. but if you are a learner before July, and you renew after July, you have to do 120 hours but you get to keep your hours done (that is, it rolls over). Gosh, I make things sound so confusing :)

Maldini

HSC
Hey im doing my test 2mrw and im really nervous. Reverse park may be a problem but im hoping i fluke it. Im doing my test at fairfield and heard it isn't too bad there but i really dont know what to expect. Anyone here done theres at fairfield? if so any tips?

xoxo

HSC
Xu said:
The RTA thinks I'm a competent driver! :haha:

It was actually easier than I thought, though I was nervous for the duration of the test

The exact order of events...

1. school zone
2. roundabout (slowed down, gave way) :)
3. kerbside stop
4. hill start
5. threepoint turn
6. turning at a cross intersection
7. reverse park
8. stop sign
9. back to RTA
im doing my test on friday....u have to do a hill start?????!?!?!?!?! or is that only on manual? coz i have never ever done a hill start and my driving instructor has never said anything about it at alll.....any help??

Maldini

HSC
Im doing auto and never practiced a hill start either with my instructor...This aint looking too good for me lol

Mr-X

HSC
I'm doing my test on Wednesday and at my RTA there's no stop sign at the gates and I'm not sure if there's a solid white line so should I stop where the white line might be or before the road?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)