Red P test question (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
before you do the test observe whether there are any solid white line
if there is, i wouldnt risk it, so just stop before the white line before continuing on.

Maldini

HSC
I have heard there is a stop sign just before you leave the RTA at fairfield which is where im doing my test. I have heard plenty ppl have failed because they didn't realise it was there. I just hope when i do the nest 2mrw im ready because i don't know what to expect.

HSC
i live no where near fairfield. so i can't help you on that one. people do fail even before they leave the rta. so just go for a test drive before you actually do the test, even if your parents or whoever just take you there and see where they might trick you. look for solid lines, anything! just in case. you don't want to fail just because of that stupid mistake...

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
hmm i dont think you get assessed on hill starts the same as you do on reverse park and kerbside stop, theres no slot for it on the scoresheet, and i never did one in either of my tests. If i can find my :FAIL: sheet il scan it up here for you guys to see what you need/what fails you.

I still cant do hill starts, i start burning rubber if i leave the handbrake on, so i just let the clutch out til the car doesnt move backwards and hold it there =/

CieL

HSC
I thought everyone [regardless of transmission] did hill starts..
*wonders if this is still inclusive in the apparently new DART..... if the new test has been enforced..... if there was a new test, I'm so behind* :)

Just basically pulling your handbrake up.. then accelerate a little to ensure the car goes forward instead of backwards.. handbrake down completely and drive off..

If you roll backwards a tiny bit it doesn't matter, RTA is lenient anyway.. as long as you dont roll half your car backwards it's fine.

Maldini:
There's heaps more RTAs in which there are stop signs located at the carpark exit/entrance.. sign should be visible anyway.. and usually there's a stream of traffic, forcing you to stop for a few secs anyway before you can go into the road..

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
iam not really sure why they would put stop signs in an rta... coming out of it, you arent on a road but more of a driveway right? so i dont see how a stop sign would apply. Like in a car park, they can stick up all the stop signs they want, but i cant be fined for going through them.

CieL

HSC
Serius said:
iam not really sure why they would put stop signs in an rta... coming out of it, you arent on a road but more of a driveway right? so i dont see how a stop sign would apply. Like in a car park, they can stick up all the stop signs they want, but i cant be fined for going through them.
Guess it depends on which RTA you did it at then..

I had a stop sign at mine [Hornsby RTA].. because right at the RTA exit it's already a 4 laned road.. two lanes in each direction.. with medium traffic [I did mine at school zone time, when heaps of cars were picking their kiddies up and going to/from home]

Pace_T

HSC
doing a hillstart with the handbrake in an auto would be fkn stupid as. u'd need to be at like a 45 degree incline before the car starts rolling back (coz it rolls forward in drive)
in my test which i was doing with a manual the tester guy put me on a road that was basically flat, and the car didnt even roll back. i told him it was so pointless to use the handbrake n he just laughed at me :(
so dont stress!!

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
lol says here in the guide to the DART that you can roll back for a whole fucking metre before they can fail you.

I say if you roll back a metre you should be shot, especially in an auto.

Maldini

HSC
I passed 2day. The test was pretty easy and i didn't have to do a hill start so i guess it depends which rta u go to maybe?

Mr-X

HSC
Mr-X said:
I'm doing my test on Wednesday and at my RTA there's no stop sign at the gates and I'm not sure if there's a solid white line so should I stop where the white line might be or before the road?
Ok so I went to the RTA today to have a look at this. There aren't any stop signs on either exits, but on one side there's a solid line which looks like they've either attempted to black it out or it's faded away and on the other exit same thing except it looks to be a dotted line.

Would I get penalised for stopping at one of these lines then stopping again before the road?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if theres a solid line then i advise you to stop, just in case.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I will need to reschedule my Ps test :( so what's the deal with the test fee? It was scheduled for next Thursday, am I able to move it without any change in fees?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
CieL said:
Guess it depends on which RTA you did it at then..

I had a stop sign at mine [Hornsby RTA].. because right at the RTA exit it's already a 4 laned road.. two lanes in each direction.. with medium traffic [I did mine at school zone time, when heaps of cars were picking their kiddies up and going to/from home]
That stupid fucking stop sign was the reason I failed my red's the first time.

cunts.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I failed cos the road was in shit condition. I had 2 almost invisible white dottedish lines (about 6 feet apart), and i chose to stop at the closer one so they couldnt fail me for going past the line. Oh the fucking irony. scored 91 on it tho, if it wasnt for that i wouldve had 101.

how many of yuo's that failed did so coz of lame azz stop synez?

Xu

dangerous driver
HSC
N/A
xoxo said:
im doing my test on friday....u have to do a hill start?????!?!?!?!?! or is that only on manual? coz i have never ever done a hill start and my driving instructor has never said anything about it at alll.....any help??
hi xoxo :)

I drive an automatic and was told to do a hill start right after my kerbside stop... it was on a flat road though.. but hill starts on automatics cars are really really easy! Becase the moment you release the hand brake, the car rolls forward so there's really no chance of the car rolling back :)

I did see the testing officer write something down on her sheet after I completed the hill start though, and from what I've read, some RTAs test on hill starts while others don't... so maybe they were testing for observation skills when leaving the kerb rather than the actual hill start? Don't take my word for it though! :p

good luck! It's really hard not to panic before, but I'll think you'll find it easier a few minutes into the test :)

lala2 said:
I will need to reschedule my Ps test :( so what's the deal with the test fee? It was scheduled for next Thursday, am I able to move it without any change in fees?
Hi lala2 :) from memory, if you change it 2 days or more in advance, you won't incur a change in fees. Did you get a green piece of paper when you booked for the test? I think it talks about the fees on the back, so you can go check that because it's much more credible than my memory!

Last edited:

Mr-X

HSC
I got my P's today :):)

Examiner said the only things were I was to hesitant at 1 roundabout and I slowed down to much when I was changing lanes.

xoxo

HSC
Xu said:
hi xoxo :)

I drive an automatic and was told to do a hill start right after my kerbside stop... it was on a flat road though.. but hill starts on automatics cars are really really easy! Becase the moment you release the hand brake, the car rolls forward so there's really no chance of the car rolling back :)

I did see the testing officer write something down on her sheet after I completed the hill start though, and from what I've read, some RTAs test on hill starts while others don't... so maybe they were testing for observation skills when leaving the kerb rather than the actual hill start? Don't take my word for it though! :p

good luck! It's really hard not to panic before, but I'll think you'll find it easier a few minutes into the test :)
i think i will shit myself if i have to do a hill start on friday! maybe i should practice a few tomoz.....hmmm
im quite excited about doing my test actually
my instructor thinks ill be fine....and im having a lesson right before hand
so hopefully it should all go good!
thanks for the advice :)
Xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)