Red P test question (1 Viewer)

Danger

HSC
I can do everything except reverse and angle parking!! Anyone have any tips?

CieL

HSC
Danger said:
I can do everything except reverse and angle parking!! Anyone have any tips?
Learn your car's dimensions.
Know how wide you car is, know how long your bonnet is, know how much room you've got between your rear tyres and the boot.
Learn to judge distances.
So many people fail to know their car's dimensions and fucking fail at parking. Even if they've got everything correct, they COULD OF gone in in one go, they think they can't and end up going in, out, in, out, in out..

Reverse parking.. as in, parking along side a kerb, or park with cars on both sides?

Kerbside [which is examined in DART], is pretty straight forward.. I go up alongside the car in front until the rear of my car is either in line or even a tad further up.. I usually keep around 20-30cm between the cars.. Reverse gently whilst keeping the wheel straight, then hook it completely to one side.
Once you're about 1/3 into the spot, start to straighten up a LITTLE, just so your rear wheel doesn't hit the kerb.. 1/2way in, wheel is straight again.. 2/3 in, you start to turn your wheel the opposite way to get the bonnet in.. Side mirrors help sometimes.. when I'm getting into a tight spot, I occasionally turn the mirror downwards so I can see the kerb

But that's because I drive a car with a big ass bonnet..

When I parked my friend's Yaris and [old 1.8L] Rav4.. I was just hook left, immediately hook right [Yaris doesn't even have a bloody bonnet.. it's like 30cm long], shitloads of room to straighten whilst going backwards, go forward again to make space for person behind.

Black Hawker

HSC
I going for my P's test in 7 days.

I can do pretty much anything. Just scared the nerves would stuff me up.

Any tips or advice?

And is it still 15-20 minute long?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
i want to book my test soon and supposedly its 45min now? maroubra junction rta..

mR.aCAdEMiK

Mo-del Student
HSC
dam that will be shit if its 45mins now. lolz mine only took 20mins and i spent 5mins waiting behind a truck who waited for the biggest gap before he finally made a right turn at an t intersection - not that i was complaining :D

btw i wuld recommended that ppl doing p's test 2 do it at lidcombe. shit easy man. course is basically all small roads which arent too busy. and they can't ask you to overtake coz no multilane roads (cept for a 30m strecth of parra rd).

iEdd

HSC
For those that have done the new Ps test (which started in July, to be fully implemented by December), did you have to parallel park? Two people I know have said they did it and didn't have to parallel park.
It's not that it's difficult, but going down a "busy" road is easier than parking, because a "busy" road in my town is one with more than one car on it! :p

EDIT: When is the new guide to the test book coming out?

Last edited:

hero.

HSC
N/A
I thought the rules about 120 log hours and this new test only applied to people who got their Learners after 30th of june this year

honsaw

HSC
N/A
If they put 1 (H) beside the notes column does that mean you failed regardless of your score?

ipab

HSC
No only if it was part of the fail items, say you caused a hazard that could potentially lead to an accident they would put F9 in the notes meaning failed the ninth fail item

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)