Regretting or Hating any subjects? (1 Viewer)

proletariat

HSC
So on the first week back, im already dreading Biology & Economics.
I cant say much about economics but biology is based on... remembering.

Remembering is guided by making connections since when you make connections you remember more :D

HSC
I fucking hated biology. I stupidly picked it thinking we would do human anatomy mainly.
I would always fall asleep in class. I had to lean a pen in my palm to keep myself awake. even then i was dozing off.
hahas i know. i love human anatomy. pe would of been a better choice?

Kanane

HSC
N/A
Biology.
It's second day, so I can't really judge the entire subject yet, as I haven't been exposed to much of the content. But as of now, I find it quite dull.

JayNoob

zzz
HSC
I can't judge my subjects either... but I definitely do not like my classes, not many close friends but many really annoying people in them ==

muzeikchun852

HSC
i cant really say that i hate or regret my subjects, but i will be having morning class in mon, tues and wed. thats kinda regrettinggggg.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I can't judge my subjects either... but I definitely do not like my classes, not many close friends but many really annoying people in them ==
So far I'm enjoying my classes. A lot of homework in math though. About three times what I would normally have in year 10. There's a lot more responsibility and independence in all subjects and I quite like that. I haven't done Biology or Math Extension 1 yet, but everything else seems enjoyable. I hope this buzz never stops :p

HSC
Uni Grad
Me hates Society and Culture! I'm probably gonna drop it when I take Mathematics Extension 2.

angelarr

HSC
I can't really decide yet, but I thought I was going to hate English, but.. so far, it seems alright. I bet I'll be changing my mind later though..

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
I like all my subjects :) besides english, like always :p

CecilyMare

HSC
I don't know whether to hate Biology yet. The first prac we had included making up our own functions for all those different parts of the microscope, and I was so lost I just ended up walking around asking everyone for what they put for this part etc.

I also realised that I'm not particularly interested in most of the ancient history syllabus. the only thing i really ever looked forward to was the homosexuality amongst the spartans.

-JD

HSC
bio, considering a switch to physics or eco.

awaitingtrain

HSC
I chose Biology specifically because it 'didn't' involve human anatomy. I love the environmental part but hate the stuff about what goes on inside my guts and skull... (shudder)

I haven't had it yet but we have a really good teacher assigned to us and I've heard great things from everyone else.

The only thing I'm dreading is all the idiots that will be in my class, Business Studies was the only other in school option on that line and the Business teacher is a *bad word*... so i'm kinda stuck with the extra people forced to stay becasue of the leaving age restrictions.:shoot::skip:

bouncingfire

HSC
currently not sure on 2 subjects

- Legal studies and Modern History, currently in Legal and would prefer to do legal however the teacher we have isnt that good and just gets us to do textbook work and more just supervises than 'teach' . Because of that iam thinking of changing to modern(they have a good techer), is legal studies the sort of subject that can be self directed?

- Economics via correspondence or Biology.
Economics interests me more greatly however same issue as mentioned before.

chakibu

HSC
I love all my classes... I just hate everyone IN them. There are some people in my Modern and Legal classes that I swear shouldn't have passed their SC let alone be let back into the school! I'm never going to get anything done in either class. -_-'

Oh, and a girl in my French class keeps trying to speak Spanish. It's irritating.

bouncingfire

HSC
we have the same type of people at our school, they would have left last year but because of the new 17 law these people are still at school :( I am talking mostly about the ones who consistently disrupt class.

Senator111

HSC
I am changing from Legal to Modern and have already changed from PDHPE to Ancient - much better choice!

Myself and Rickau are from the same school, and are the ones changing classes!

showy

HSC
- Economics via correspondence or Biology.
Economics interests me more greatly however same issue as mentioned before.

I think that economics via correspondence is not a good idea. With eco, you need to have someone to explain concepts to you person to person rather than from a text book or computer screen. It'll will be a lot easier that way.

I think the key difference between bio and eco is bio is remembering concepts, whereas eco is applying concepts. Bio has more content though is easier in that sense.

Its up to you, I've spoken to people who do correspondence courses and some suggest not to do them unless you really have the motivation or really feel you need too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)