• No

Votes: 1,279 66.6%
  • Depends on the workload

Votes: 398 20.7%

• Total voters

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
honestly, i think its a good idea to break up with your bf/gf during the time of your HSC.
me and my ex boyfriend broke up a couple of months ago (totally different reasons) its much easier now to study and get all your assignments in on time.
you dont have to worry about doing something with them every week anymore.
all you gotta do is concentrate on one of the biggest tests in your life really.

but i guess, all you need is time management skills.

its up to both of you's i guess.

but yeah.
i just find it way easier without planning anything.
coz you have your friends also, if you spend too much time with your boyfriend and studying and assignmenting.
you lose your social life.

thats my opinion!
i endorse this post

mhmm

boris

Banned
HSC
honestly, i think its a good idea to break up with your bf/gf during the time of your HSC.
me and my ex boyfriend broke up a couple of months ago (totally different reasons) its much easier now to study and get all your assignments in on time.
you dont have to worry about doing something with them every week anymore.
all you gotta do is concentrate on one of the biggest tests in your life really.

but i guess, all you need is time management skills.

its up to both of you's i guess.

but yeah.
i just find it way easier without planning anything.
coz you have your friends also, if you spend too much time with your boyfriend and studying and assignmenting.
you lose your social life.

thats my opinion!

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH lol fuck look at this sluts subjects oh fuck thats funny lol

lol yeah the slr exam is defo one of the biggest tests in life hahahah oh fuck i was expecting ext 2 maths and shit lol

kiiimmy

HSC
Hey.
i reckon having a relationship while doing your hsc is pretty healthy.
although if it is affecting your HSC then you should consider whether or
not the relationship is worth the stress and possibly the cause if you slack behind. Buit also while completing the HSC you need time to have a social life. Having support through the HSC is essential in my opinion.

kimmy:D

boris

Banned
HSC
Re: starting a relationship less than a month before HSC

Yeah fuck i have a lot less time to do anything now that im working and shit than i did at school.

Suic1de

Banned
HSC
If you have time to read this forum then you have time for a partner.

Simple.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
If you have time to read this forum then you have time for a partner.

Simple.
+1

is quite simple, if you are struggling to manange, make your significant other a fuck buddy, and relieve you stress ;)

kids these days

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
in the time it takes you to read this thread you could have had 2 gobbies

abbyfaye.

HSC
my boyfriend and i did it at the start of the yr cause we thought it was best for ourselves, i was sad at the start.
but i realized it was the best, but.. thats just me :)

Jeski

HSC
My mum didnt want me to have a bf while i was doing my HSC but so far it hasnt caused any problems. We dont fight, we is awesome to talk to and he knows and understands when i am studying or i have an assesment. But If you guys fight all the time and it just causes more stress, its not the best choice. As gay as it sounds make some rules and boundaries....like can only see each other on weekends and stuff but not until work is done. Really it works and it often make you work harder. But if your Bf or Gf dosent understand that the HSC is important to you than they might not have the same values as you....who knows lol good luck:)

amber!

HSC
i think that a relationship is a good things during the HSC, and if you were to break up now, all you would be thinking about during the exam is your ex. being in a relationship has helped me so much through the HSC, knowing that you have that one person whenever you need them. its also a good motivator; the knowledge that at the end of it all you can spend heaps and heaps of time with them.:)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Breaking up for the sake of HSC sounds like the dumbest idea.

Seriously, as someone already mentioned, it's all about moderation. Unless you do subjects worth like 20+ units, I mean, you gotta have some time.

Breaking up for the sake of HSC also shows the depth of love that each one has for each other. I would be surprised if that relationship turns out to be a long-term one.

Reckoner

HSC
Well I did my HSC in 2006. I did well.
I didn't have a partner.
Most of the people who did have partners among my social network had emotional stress from their relationships.
When you're focused on something really important, it's best to try and keep all the distractions away ... especially if its just for 1 year.
You'll find heaps of partners in university or later on in work, so don't worry about that.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^or it may work the other way around where your partner may give you some extra feeling of comfort and stress-free fulfilment.

It all depends on how you handle it.

Moenique

HSC
You need as much support as possible during the time of exams.
I couldn't do it without my boyfriend :(
When I have my breaks, I talk to him or see him.

It takes my mind off things for a little while which helps me to concentrate next time I go to study; I'm relaxed and happy.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
I was in a relationship from the half yearlies point of HSC. It did not make me do any worse. In fact, me being the stressaholic I am, I needed my boyfriend to support me and give me lots of hugs and give me some down time to take my mind off the exams. The HSC was not important to him at all, he did no study, but that doesn't mean he didnt respect my wish to push myself and do well and he was very supportive of my efforts.

I also spent large amounts of my time supporting my friends through the HSC experience. If you can't have a little time for all of the relationships in your life and to support everyone you care about then it either means you lack compassion or time management. It's not HOW MUCH you study but how WELL. This means when you study you need to be 100% focused on the task at hand.

This way, when you take a break, you can take your mind far away from anything school related. For me, this was hard so having a relationship actually helped me to keep and balance and proper perspective on life. I have no regrets about my choice. I ended up with marks I was very proud of and a wonderful relationship, so for me it was win win.

Olly-Polly

HSC
Hey,
I dont think you should break up.
If your relationship is strong and you two really like each other then you and her will always be there for each other after the 4 weeks is over.
My um ex boyfriend now.. i was going out with him during HSC.. and exam time and all..we still managed to see each other.. even if it was for only an hour.. if your just studying studying all the time you get bored.. you need to mix it with something else aswell. but make sure you limit yourself.. don't go to wild.

Sometimes its good to have a break from studying and seeing a loved one isnt that bad.. i just used to leave him be until he texted me or called me to say hay i need a break lets hang out.

I no its hard to kinda ignore your girlfriend while your studying.. but sometimes you just gotta do things you don't want to do.
She will always be there afterwards if shes not than she isnt worth it.

How long have you guys been dating?

Good Luck
Cya

elmayzz

HSC
im in a realtionship been over a year now...and doing hsc atm! ...although my bf has already done hsc so its kinda different ...i think the hole breaking up thing is a little to late to happen now since hsc has already started...its not just the end of hsc that matters its the hole thing...u need to be focused the hole time...and if ur both willing to manage a realtionship and balance it out with study then i think ull be good, u both just need to be patient with eachother n then once hsc is done with...u guys will really no what best for u...dnt break no..itll just cause stress on both of u and wont do u no good for the hsc...:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)