religion and sex before marriage - REDONE (1 Viewer)

will you have sex before marriage and are you religious

• yes i will have sex before, i am NOT religious

Votes: 112 39.6%
  • yes i will have sex before, i AM religious

Votes: 69 24.4%
  • no i will not have sex before, i am NOT religious

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • no i will not have sex before, i AM religious

Votes: 84 29.7%

• Total voters

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I agree with Asqy.

As much as i criticise Christianity for its religious constructs, rules and its validity, there's a good chance that I'll be hoping for a heaven if someone close to me died. Thinking they went into nothingness, would just make the experience so much worse.

I know people who are and still are atheists, but still somehow believed that one of the best friends died and went to heaven. It hurts, by all means, but its just a terrible mind frame to think you've lost someone entirely, despite all memories, good times etc.

Does that make sense? It makes sense to me, and you can't go and shatter someone while in grief that there is no God.

Spirituality and religion is one of the signs of sophisticated thought. Dismissing it, yes too, but just because someone has different mindframes and values to you, ESPECIALLY when someone dies, is no reason to go and make them think like you.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Asquithian said:
Religion and faith plays an important place in society. It gives people hope. If it gives people the comfort that they need then so be it.

But in many cases faith and religious values are misplaced.
I dun doubt this for a moment.. wow.. i guess for all the religion bashing ppl get it was nice and insightful...

I think its rather the powers governing the practice of faith that are flawed when they try to delve into a separate realm..
In the past Islamic countries pioneered anatomy and mathematics and preserved roman and greek works and ideas tat are used today.. at the same time, Europe in its infinite wisedom was in the Dark Ages.

Faith governs our values and ethics.. Its a perception of mind.. and so is not having faith.. but i think its mainly extrapolating original values to the new concepts as community values are soo flawed.. e.g. abortions, stem cells etc

*ashlea*

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
I think its rather the powers governing the practice of faith that are flawed when they try to delve into a separate realm..
In the past Islamic countries pioneered anatomy and mathematics and preserved roman and greek works and ideas tat are used today.. at the same time, Europe in its infinite wisedom was in the Dark Ages.

Faith governs our values and ethics.. Its a perception of mind.. and so is not having faith.. but i think its mainly extrapolating original values to the new concepts as community values are soo flawed.. e.g. abortions, stem cells etc
Yes, but in some cases it's the community values that bring around change for the good.. How did Europe get out of the dark ages into the renaissance? They still had the same religious beliefs and systems, but community values led them to an appreciation of science and art that had been banished by the Church.. Then slowly the Church came around and began pioneering in art.. (and finally in the last couple of decades, accepting science)
Today the Church can accept the Big Bang and Evolution theories, by assuming that God began the world by creating the Big Bang..

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
SashatheMan said:
does getting raped by a priest count as losing yuor virginity and being religious?
I think they call that 'miraculous conception'.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
SashatheMan said:
does getting raped by a priest count as losing yuor virginity and being religious?
That's flogging the bishop

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
Wooooo sex after marriage!!!
all the way lol
yes i totally agree with that ...and what i'v read so far i agree with wilmo and osk...
yup itz from God that sex came and itz 4 God and my husband and that's why i'll wait<:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)