Religion & Relationships (merged) (1 Viewer)

Would you change your religion for a guy/girl?

• Yes

Votes: 24 11.2%
  • No

Votes: 190 88.8%

• Total voters
G

Gavvvvvin

Religion

Would you let religion get in the way of a relationship?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Im Catholic, and yes, i think my next gf would need to be at least jedi for a relationship to occur.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
whole heartedly agree
if you love someone, religion wont matter (unless their religion involves sacrificing you to some demon, then it could be a different story)

Ellie-Bee

HSC
i think that in a relationship you should have the same values at heart. so i think that if one person is a christian (for example) it would be difficult for them to be in a relationship with someone who wasn't, because the beliefs wouldn't be the same.

just my thoughts...!

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
No, no religion is needed. Although a person practicing Jedi would be kinda impressive.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Minai said:
whole heartedly agree
if you love someone, religion wont matter (unless their religion involves sacrificing you to some demon, then it could be a different story)
hey man, being sacrificed to some evil eastern god with a huge head, forty arms and one mighty wang wouldnt be too bad! as long as we replace sacrifice with "deflowering the virgins"

Kulazzi

HSC
some religions have an issue when it comes to marriage/relationships. For example, my religion allows males to marry females of any religion however females must marry males of the same religion......does that make sense??? :p :)

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
i would like both husbands and boyfriends to be of my religion..
it makes things much easier

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
but dont u feel immediatly more comfortable when u find someone that has the same religion as you?
its like an unbreakable bond that the two of you already share that you can pass on to your children.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
there is an immediate comfort zone but i think the point is that it doesnt matter, if you really love someone, religion really isnt going to be a big deal, heck even the denominations are trying to have dialogues and shit with each other, what better way than have examples of interfaith relationships.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
not if you don't really have a religion.

I'm baptised etc as a catholic, but I never go to church nor do I appreciate the church, so I can't really say that I'd care if I married someone of another religion or someone who's atheist.

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
maybs its cos im jewish. we have some pretty crazy unity going on right now. i know i feel immediately comfortable when i know someone is also a jew.
i get nervous telling people that arnt, that i am.

twiddla

Not that i Would have anything against non christians as people but my lifestyle which is very much christian focused would make it very hard for the relationship to work if she wasn't at least willing to come to church and respect my decisions that are inkeeping with that. I believe also that if i did date a non christian I would have to make sure that she didn't erode my faith so to speak.

Last edited by a moderator:

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
you wouldnt convert but would u be happy to live your life under their religious customs and traditions?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
I wouldnt let it get in the way. but thats not to say that id ever convert to anything (from nothing)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)