Religion & Relationships (merged) (1 Viewer)

Would you change your religion for a guy/girl?

• Yes

Votes: 24 11.2%
  • No

Votes: 190 88.8%

• Total voters

Generator

HSC
N/A
Nicho said:
I'd treat you the same as any other person who isn't christian at the time and hope that my words and my actions will influence you towards the faith that i have in Jesus and God. Personally I don't think it is wise to all out evangelise but rather to let the way i behave do the talking although i will spread Gods word and help others to understand if i can but I won't deliberately shove it in your face.
You subtle bastard. At least we know exactly where we stand with the bible bashers :p.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
this will probably be completely off topic, but meh

here are my beliefs:...
That was really stupid. People will follow up with "Well these are MY beliefs" which follows into arguments that most people dont give a shit about.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
jumb said:
That was really stupid. People will follow up with "Well these are MY beliefs" which follows into arguments that most people dont give a shit about.
Everyone's entitled to their own beliefs and opinions so don't say that what tommy said was stupid.

and back to the topic --> religion and race really does matter for me. Call me a snob, racist or whatever, but for me, I need my husband to have the same beliefs as me so we can bring up our children in a balanced household.

That's not to say that different race/religion relationships DONT work. Coz I'm know many of them do. But for me, personally, I will want to marry a guy who is the same race & religion as me.

just my two cents. :rolleyes:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
grk_styl said:
Everyone's entitled to their own beliefs and opinions so don't say that what tommy said was stupid.
Even though you didnt understand what I meant, I'll give in. I'm sorry.

G

Gavvvvvin

Let me repharse my original question. If your religion said you were strictly not allowed to be involved in a relationship, would you still follow this rule, even if you were one of the biggest bible bashers going?

twiddla

My relgion doesn't do the thinking for me, i'd take into consideration what it says and chances are there is a pretty sensible purpose to the rule forbiding the relationship so i'd prob go with what my religion said.

twiddla

Generator said:
You subtle bastard. At least we know exactly where we stand with the bible bashers :p.
I wouldn't say that - i don't think there is a single person i know who doesn't know the fact i'm christian. I'm quite open about it I just won't yell and scream at everyone that u must believe or ur going to hell sort of thing. You look through my posts not once have i ever told neone they have to believe but yet most of the ppl on this forum kno i'm christian.

deviation

HSC
becoming religious becuz of gf/bf?

would u change ure religion for ure gf/bf?

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
nope. why should you. a religion is all about what YOU believe in... not what u decide you want to believe because of your bf/gf
in a relationship you should have the right to believe in what you want and your bf/gf should happily support it and respect it .. n vice versa

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I know people who have become interested in other religions because of their gf/bf, and my father became a protestant (was catholic) to make my mothers Irish dad happy :p

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
OoOooooOOOoohh....

first thing that comes in mind is the Jewish thing... you know... for the parents....

I dunno. If I did it for my boyfriend, I probably did it solely for the boyfriend, not for the belief and the ideals the religion holds.... which technically just isn't right.

deviation

HSC
yeah its asking for quite a bit to change religions becuz of ure gf/bf :(

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
no i wouldnt change
however i know a couple who the man became muslim just so he could marry ther woman
but when they were married there was nothing muslim about him
also i know a guy who bacame a mormon so he could marry his mormon g/f...he was doing it just because he loved her and they couldnt get married if he wanst one
and it depends if you had a religon to begin with
like im a pretty religous muslim and would never change but someone who has no solid faith might do it because there is nothing holding them back from it
and for the people i know who did convert to be with theur b/f..g/f..wife husband whatever...they not serious about it..they not religous now that they converted
so yeah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)