Religion & Relationships (merged) (1 Viewer)

Would you change your religion for a guy/girl?

• Yes

Votes: 24 11.2%
  • No

Votes: 190 88.8%

• Total voters

~Dreamer

HSC
of course its preferable if he was of the same religion, but with the way the guys are acting in my faith its highly unlikely

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Religion's crap. Just an excuse to be prejudice against other people.

This Thread proves it.

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
maybe its a reason for some people to live? or maybe it provides meaning for their lives?

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
porge said:
maybe its a reason for some people to live? or maybe it provides meaning for their lives?
or maybe its something rich people made up so poor people wouldn't revolt when they realised how much harder their lives were

just a suggestion

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
religion is a system of belief- it gives meaning to life and offers some solutions to all those questions- in essence they r all the same. they r there to comfort ppl and bring them together.

although becoming involved with some1 who is totally relgious can be hard- it all depends i guess how committed u r

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
If i ever got involved with someone who was into religion.. i'd seriously commit myself to a psych ward. Very little good comes out of religion (on a large scale general basis). And i know if i ever came home with someone religious my parents would be like 'wtf?!@#!'

also that whole comfort same religion thing is bs. it only works if you give a shit abt religion and if you are some what anal retentive. 'omg hes a catholic too! lets be hug buddies!'

no offense to those who care i'm going to hell anyway i'm just making the way more comfortable k.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i was christened in the uniting church, and i loosely follow christian beliefs and holidays and stuff...but i am SO unreligious it isnt funny...so, to me, it wouldnt matter.

dangerousdave

HSC
porge said:
you wouldnt convert but would u be happy to live your life under their religious customs and traditions?
True... as long as I'm not forced to go to common rituals such as weekly mass. I would go to life cycle rituals though.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
The matter of religion really varies from person to person, to me personally, because i have nothing against any religion as long as they don't say killing someone is good...I personally have no religion either...

But to some, religion does play a very big part in whether they are willing to let a relationship develop or not. Think of this, would you be able to live with someone who denies the fact that a god that you truely believe exists. Will you be willing to live next to someone who rolls their eyes at you everytime you say "i know god has something better for me" when clearly it was just the fact that you didn't deserve it. To many people who are very religious, it is hard for them to even interact with someone who opposes or although respects, doesn't accept their beliefs.

So in reality it is a fact that a religion has become such a major role in some people's lives that they are willing to give up someone they love and who loves them back for the fact that they do not believe in their religion...

Sorry to say this, i do not think i will be able to understand why someone is willing to give up someone living for a thing such as religion..

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
lol jewish chicks do- most of my old friends anyway.

but fater that perios they have a period of rebellion against the idea of dating only jewish guys by acting like a westie going out to nightclubs hooking up with the guy with the car.

cameron0110

HSC
I don't really care what religion the person is but on the same token I could never go out with anyone overly religious because I'm pretty sure we would drive each other insane, mainly from my anti-religious beliefs. I mean I wouldn't mind them being religious, as long as they don't expect me to instantly convert and fully believe in whatever religion it is that they believe in.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
To tell you the truth, most people only loosly follow their religions, which means its really easy to fake. Of course, it all blows up when they ask what church you go to, because they know someone from every church within 100km of theirs.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
i say if its that important to you.. then go ahead and care.

each to their own.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
this will probably be completely off topic, but meh

here are my beliefs:
I was brought up as Greek Orthodox, which is pretty much like christianity though we celebrate our xmas/easter/new years slightly different.
As I grew up i enjoyed science, I got to the point where I loved science, iI still do. My eyes were opened to the basis of theory and fact. Slowly I began to doubt alot of the things I was told as a child. I still believe that there is a higher power, be it god, buddha, allah, bob, bill or the Michelin Man it doesnt matter and i dont care. I dont think that this higher power cares about this planet or its people because there is just to much shit going on in this world. I carry a cross for good luck, not because im devoutly religious, but because i believe that everyone needs to have something to believe in. I have a picture of my saint above my bed, its there to give me good dreams and hope for the future while i sleep. When something important is about to happen i say a silent pray. When i pass a hearse on the road or a cemetery and make a cross. I do this purely because i need something to be believe in. I need to know that there is something other then just man. I belive in life on other planets. I belive in evolution. I dont know how the universe started and I wont say it was the big-bang or it was a higher power, purely because neither has a basis. If anything, the big-bang theory has more proof but I wont go into that. I believe its wrong for religious people to denounce science and say that it is against the higher power and that it should not be taught. If anything, I believe the higher power created science and mathematics, who else could create something so wonderous, intriguing and beautifully complex. And in turn i believe it is wrong for scientists to denounce peoples religious beliefs.
So in the end, i believe that let everyone should let everyone else believe what ever they freaking want. Why should there only be one religion. What if the ways of the ancients was the right way, what if there are 10 gods and one king of the gods. Isnt today just an extension on that belief, namely there are different churches/mosques/temples for different gods?
So please, dont persecute others based on their beliefs, including atheists. As Steph said, Each to their own.

Last edited:

twiddla

It is not really that for me that i'd give them up just cos they are from another religion or atheist, in fact the Bible encourages husbands and wives married to non christians to stay with them. What I think is that I'd firstly prefer to go out with a christian because they would better understand my faith and the strong beliefs I have. If you view religion as an interest and associated view, you would have to agree that someone with a particular interest is more likely to get on with someone with similar interests and views.

Last edited by a moderator:

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
what do ppl think of agnostics??

im agnostic and i have a belief, but im not sure of what it is exactly.

would u attempt to consider/convert some1 who was agnostic?

twiddla

I'd treat you the same as any other person who isn't christian at the time and hope that my words and my actions will influence you towards the faith that i have in Jesus and God. Personally I don't think it is wise to all out evangelise but rather to let the way i behave do the talking although i will spread Gods word and help others to understand if i can but I won't deliberately shove it in your face.

Last edited by a moderator:

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
if i was ever to get involved with someone who thought like that... i'd let myself be locked up. I'd go out of my way to the extreme to get away from that sort of person. Not that there aren't nice people who do that... but dammit i don't need a bible basher in my bed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)