Religion & Relationships (merged) (2 Viewers)

Would you change your religion for a guy/girl?

• Yes

Votes: 24 11.2%
  • No

Votes: 190 88.8%

• Total voters
K

katie_tully

_DeathlessOne_ said:
Would you let religion get in the way of a relationship?
Yes/No. I'm not religious, so if they wanted to continue religious practices theyd have to do it without me. I wouldnt go to church with them, or whatever else. And I wouldn't get married in a church, because thats somewhat hypocritical.

I think religious people would let it get in the way of a relationship, especially if that person didnt agree with said religion.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
I don't think it's necessary to change religion for another person. If the relationship we're talking about here is just a normal boyfriend/girlfriend situation, then I don't think there's any need. However, if it were a marriage situation, I think the person should be willing to make adjustments for their future spouse.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
katie_tully said:
Yes/No. I'm not religious, so if they wanted to continue religious practices theyd have to do it without me. I wouldnt go to church with them, or whatever else. And I wouldn't get married in a church, because thats somewhat hypocritical.

I think religious people would let it get in the way of a relationship, especially if that person didnt agree with said religion.
I really don't want to get married in a church for the same reason, but I might be willing to do it anyway if the chick I want to marry won't have it any other way.

However if that was the case, they would probably want me to be involved in their religious practises like going to church often, and I wouldn't do that.

I don't think a relationship between someone really religious and myself would last very long.

urbanflava8742

i would never ever think about changing gods! that is the unforgivable sin! you go to hell and expence your 2nd death and nothing in a guy is worth not having external life with god and jesus!
plus the guy i marry would also have to be a virgin if they were to change religions, sex is god gift to marred couples

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
urbanflava8742 said:
i would never ever think about changing gods! that is the unforgivable sin! you go to hell and expence your 2nd death and nothing in a guy is worth not having external life with god and jesus!
plus the guy i marry would also have to be a virgin if they were to change religions, sex is god gift to marred couples
Ahh wait you talk about changing gods and how it is an unforgiveable sin, yet you state in your last line that they would have to be a virgin if they were to change religions.

So you want your hypothetical future husband to suffer another death.

If sex was Gods gift to married couples, then why isn't only avaiable to married couples :p or isn't (s)he good with remembering who is and who isn't married?

Dr_Gorgeous

HSC
It depends, if i absolutely knew he was the one, then possibly, but i'll stick with my religion...i'm happy with it

HSC
_DeathlessOne_ said:
Would you let religion get in the way of a relationship?
I'm going out with a jewish guy and told my friend's mum who is extremo christian ... and she told me in the high and mighty tone to pretty much dog him because his people crucified Jesus

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
wikiwiki said:
Newsflash: Jesus was a Jew.

It had nothing to do with the people, the first christians were all Judeans. The Synod killed Jesus.

P.S: jew doesnt mean what you think it does. Your boyfriend is a Judaist, and possibly a Hebrew (which is the race).

I don't have any problem with someone elses religion, but people do with mine (i'm a moderate satanist).
that totally confused me

lallypop

HSC
ghettofabolous said:
I'm going out with a jewish guy and told my friend's mum who is extremo christian ... and she told me in the high and mighty tone to pretty much dog him because his people crucified Jesus
natotch is one sexy jewish mang you lucky biter, its a pity you got the bum one ;)

0Jade0

HSC
I'm Catholic. I wouldn't change denominations like into a mormon or pentecostal hillsong person. No way (I don't think I could even date them.)
I could do a Charlotte and convert to Judaism.

HSC
N/A
okay - my boyfriend and i are .. well not the same religion
totally wrongnessed on my parent's part [but they don't know]
and well, i cant help the way i feel, so what if we're diff. should i serioulsy just CHANGE .. no way! we're into each other with/without the same religion thing. i would never convert, nor would he - and stuff what everyone else thinks aye
i reckon it's your life and relationship - try not to let anyone else in the way!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:
okay - my boyfriend and i are .. well not the same religion
totally wrongnessed on my parent's part [but they don't know]
and well, i cant help the way i feel, so what if we're diff. should i serioulsy just CHANGE .. no way! we're into each other with/without the same religion thing. i would never convert, nor would he - and stuff what everyone else thinks aye
i reckon it's your life and relationship - try not to let anyone else in the way!
What religions are you?

tempco

HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:
hindu and muslim - i know it aint all that forceful these days .. but it kinda still is
and - well yeah
man, it's kinda farked up, but screw the systems!
wow ok... i always thought hindus had something against muslims... and vice-versa. that would explain your parents. i was on the train the other day with my sister (she wears a scarf) and some indian guy with his wife (presumably hindu) started bagging out muslims in a rather loud voice. ignorant fools make me laugh.

OS

Banned
HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:
hindu and muslim - i know it aint all that forceful these days .. but it kinda still is
and - well yeah
man, it's kinda farked up, but screw the systems!

Both of those religions forbid dating don't they????? An acquantance said Muslims don't date, anyway.

tempco

HSC
OS said:
Both of those religions forbid dating don't they????? An acquantance said Muslims don't date, anyway.
thats right... as a muslim, dating is forbidden.

tempco

HSC
dating is forbidden, but that doesnt stop you from meeting potential husbands/wives. but instead of dating, and then marrying, you marry.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
OS said:
That's crazy, how are you meant to get to know a potential husband/wife?? (No racism intended......)
we dont have premaritial relationships
like no kissing hugging physical contact and stuff
you can talk to someone and get to know thme but not for the sake of a good time
for the sake of marriage and with good intentions
its worked for heaps of people
and its better then having an arranged marriage where u eitehr have no say
or dont even get to meet ur husband until the wedding day

wwjd_frog14

HSC
no i wouldnt change my religion for a guy...if im meant 2 get married etc then God will prepare me and my future husband 4 that part of my/his life...and yeh...we would live a christian based life....(if that makes sense?)...i wouldnt change my religion, and i will only enter in2 relationships with other christians (ive had relationships with non christians, but its so hard 2 share sumthing that my life is based on when the other person doesnt believe the same thing) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)