Religious affiliation (1 Viewer)

Which faith/religious tradition do you currently practice?

• Christianity

Votes: 536 38.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 168 11.9%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 56 4.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 31 2.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 93 6.6%
  • None - I'm not religious.

Votes: 488 34.7%

• Total voters

jcnme

aussie-battler
HSC
give me a break!

ITS A TERRIBLE THING IN AN ATHEISTS LIFE ... WHEN THEY ARE TRUELY THANKFULL - AND HAVE NO ONE TO THANK!!!!

not a day goes by without me thanking god for what he's done 4 me and my heart goes out to all you lost ones who dont beleive in god caz life without christ is not worth livin!

HSC
Your sympathy, pity, condolences or whatever you'd like to call them will tend to be taken poorly by those who have chosen to live differently to you.

It'd be like someone who isn't religious saying "Oh boy, I feel really sorry for all those people who are wasting their lives worshipping something/someone that doesn't exist".

iamsickofyear12

HSC
jcnme said:
a day goes by without me thanking god for what he's done 4 me and my heart goes out to all you lost ones who dont beleive in god caz life without christ is not worth livin!
For me life would not be worth living if I had to believe in god and pray and go to church and ask for forgiveness and go to youth group and anything else that you may find worthwhile in your religion.

james_chappo

Neurotic To The Bone
HSC
jcnme said:
ITS A TERRIBLE THING IN AN ATHEISTS LIFE ... WHEN THEY ARE TRUELY THANKFULL - AND HAVE NO ONE TO THANK!!!!

not a day goes by without me thanking god for what he's done 4 me and my heart goes out to all you lost ones who dont beleive in god caz life without christ is not worth livin!
How would you know what an Atheist's life would be like when you're a christian? Atheists don't need anyone to thank. I think i'm speaking for most Atheists here when i say that an Atheist life is awesome - because we believe we only get one chance in life we make the absolute most of it. If there really is a God and a saviour to thank...then i still wouldn't be thankful...they certainly fucked up their earth project bigtime!

james_chappo

Neurotic To The Bone
HSC
last_chance said:
religion is peace, and thus no chance of being an answer for begining wars...however what really starts wars is oil, power, greed, corruption and the list goes on.
Are you trying to say religion is void of all these things?

get_born

james_chappo said:
Are you trying to say religion is void of all these things?
no, that it isnt the number one reason why war begins.
And as religion is peace, those of religions who happen to be in conflict - to me it is human nature to conflict that is one of the main reasons in wars to do with religion - not the religion its self - as once again - Religion is peace.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
james_chappo said:
How would you know what an Atheist's life would be like when you're a christian? Atheists don't need anyone to thank. I think i'm speaking for most Atheists here when i say that an Atheist life is awesome - because we believe we only get one chance in life we make the absolute most of it. If there really is a God and a saviour to thank...then i still wouldn't be thankful...they certainly fucked up their earth project bigtime!
you make athieism sound like a really stupid concept :p
(not to mention arrogant)

Edit: ive never been one so im guessing: it probably is! :)

Last edited:

jcnme

aussie-battler
HSC
boo frigety hoo!

james_chappo said:
Heres an idea why dont you get over yourself! fancy not even being thankful 4 the things you have! if you think an atheists life is awesome you dont know wot your missing out on! at least christians dont have to put up with the meaninglessness and insecurities of life that you do! as if christians dont take the chances life brings them we arnt an alien breed you know! we're just loke everyone else- only we've got a reason 4 living! and thanks but yeah i do know wot an atheists life is like caz u aint born christian fool!

james_chappo

Neurotic To The Bone
HSC
Lets just clarify a few things. By saying i'm an Atheist i was generalising. I'm actually an agnostic. I am skeptical over the existence of a god/divine being but i do not profess true Atheism. I believe there is insubstantial evidence to prove the existence of a god, but that isn't to say i have no spiritual superstitions. I believe in Karma, i try to keep to a strict code of morals and I believe in the forces of good and evil. As an agnostic i am faced with the problem of being thankful but having nobody i can thank. Therefore i believe the best way for me to show my gratitude for life is by making the most of what i've got and striving to reach my potential in as many areas as possible. I don't hate religious people, i just dislike fundamentalists of any religion.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
james_chappo said:
Lets just clarify a few things. By saying i'm an Atheist i was generalising. I'm actually an agnostic. I am skeptical over the existence of a god/divine being but i do not profess true Atheism. I believe there is insubstantial evidence to prove the existence of a god, but that isn't to say i have no spiritual superstitions. I believe in Karma, i try to keep to a strict code of morals and I believe in the forces of good and evil. As an agnostic i am faced with the problem of being thankful but having nobody i can thank. Therefore i believe the best way for me to show my gratitude for life is by making the most of what i've got and striving to reach my potential in as many areas as possible. I don't hate religious people, i just dislike fundamentalists of any religion.

Thank you for saying that!!! I'd rep you, but it wont let me :p This is probably the closest thing that comes to the way i see things, i have just never known how to describe it intelligibly (sp?). So thanks :)

princessj

PRINCESS JACKLIN!!!
HSC
im a christian and so very proud of what god has done for me.... keep and open mind and a kind heart and you will see his grace at work...... christianity is a peaceful religion unlike some others that encourage thier believers to hurt anyone who isnt christian and they as a whole cause distruption and destrucion in the greater society. on the other hand in christianity christians are diven by love and kindess even told to pray for thier enemies rather than hate them....
everyone wants peace... christ's house (the church) is where to find it at its warmth.

princessj

PRINCESS JACKLIN!!!
HSC
freaking_out said:
I'm a muslim- and i'm a muslim, bcoz i like the fact how islam calls to the submission to one god, the most perfect, with no flaws. Also because it reaffirms the message of all the prophets that came before (eg. abraham, moses, jesus etc.).
notice how in my reply i mentioned " other religions" without nameing any... why? not to offend anyone... so out of repect it would be highly apreciated if u dont post contraversial things... islam may believe that jesus was just another prophet but in christianity we know his the son of god
so plz have sum respect and try not to tread on my sacred ground.

thanx

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
In you saying how you feel may be classed as offensive. I dont think it was an attack on christianity.

No-one's religion is perfect. If it works for you (collective) then thats good, it really is. But to be honest with you, i know quite a number of christians that are very narrow-minded and quick to judge.

I dont wish to attack your religion, but i always come back to this. When God is so loving and accepting of all, why then do non-christians face an horrible end and eternal death..surely you will not deny that this is "hurting" anyone who is not christian?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
princessj said:
notice how in my reply i mentioned " other religions" without nameing any... why? not to offend anyone... so out of repect it would be highly apreciated if u dont post contraversial things... islam may believe that jesus was just another prophet but in christianity we know his the son of god

thanx
how was that offensive?
she said she is muslims because she likes that fact that there is submission to one God..?
shes telling us why she is muslim anbd what they believe

HotShot

-_-
HSC
princessj is lost if she thinks the other statement is offensive, well hers would be classified as offensive as well. but something more important,

difference between sheikh and imam? pls one more
sharia or islamic law unfair to women? is it?

get_born

HotShot said:
princessj is lost if she thinks the other statement is offensive, well hers would be classified as offensive as well. but something more important,

difference between sheikh and imam? pls one more
sharia or islamic law unfair to women? is it?
In Arabic a sheikh would be an old man, whereas in the Islamic context, it is the title given to a religious cleric. An imam is a religious leader as in the one who calls for prayer in mosques (adhan).

As for your second question - not sure if your asking for a sharia or islamic law that is unfair to women - well according to my knowledge... Islam is fair in all aspects.

However, if your asking for the difference between sharia and islamic law there is none - because they are refering to the same thing. But with Islamic law, it can be taken in two ways, the islamic system of government such as that of Saudi Arabia, or that law taken straight from the Quran. However, Islamic governmet law derive from the Quran anyway.

And if im wrong in both answers about your second question - its because it wasnt clear in the first place. Hope i helped.

Disease

Retro Rocket
HSC
princessj said:

thanx
While I do believe, like you, that Jesus was the son of God, when you start talking to people like that it's people like you who are leading the world downhill. There was that Christian pastor in Victoria or somewhere a few months ago who was charged because he was stating his beliefs that other religions were wrong in public. Now I honestly think that is disgraceful. It's what the world is coming to though. People are becoming too afraid to offend anyone. It's not right. It's not what this country is about. It is at least not what this country should be about. We were established as a supposedly free country. Free speech is what we have. It is at least what we should have.

Anyway, by your restricting people of other religions to not be able to say what they believe you are also restricting your own rights. The role of Christians on earth is to "Go forth and make disciples of all nations", and if you haven't got freedom of speech to do so it won't be very easy. Realise this and move on.

And thus my rant is complete. I hope it has been most enligtening for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)