Religious affiliation (1 Viewer)

Which faith/religious tradition do you currently practice?

• Christianity

Votes: 536 38.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 168 11.9%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 56 4.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 31 2.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 93 6.6%
  • None - I'm not religious.

Votes: 488 34.7%

• Total voters

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
PoisedTiger007 said:
To atheists.

If you deny God's existence, then how do you explain the perfection of nature? Could it possibly be just coincidence? I don't think so!

How is it that matter came from no matter when the Big Bang occurred, and time came from no time?
Think rationally, and you'll soon realise the reality of God's existence.
Yeah, we don't know how these things happened for sure, but at least we go to an effort to work it out rather than making up bullshit stories to "explain" it.

A question I've always wanted to ask: a lot of Christians espouse the view that if you don't follow God, you go to hell. Right? Well what about the people who lived in the time before Christ? What about the people in ancient caveman times? Christianity wasn't even around then. (and the fact that it hasn't always been around is partly why I call bullshit on the whole religion thing.)

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
PoisedTiger007 said:
To atheists.

If you deny God's existence, then how do you explain the perfection of nature? Could it possibly be just coincidence? I don't think so!

How is it that matter came from no matter when the Big Bang occurred, and time came from no time?
Come back when you finish primary school, kid.

PoisedTiger007

HSC
I think you quite misunderstood me there Mr. Stevo.

My intention is not to attack your personal beliefs, rather to give you a rational insight to explain the purpose of life, and the reason why it is impossible for nature to have created itself; all creation must have a Creator, just as all actions must have a doer.

So please do not be so sardonic next time - that will be kindly appreciated.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
PoisedTiger007 said:
I think you quite misunderstood me there Mr. Stevo.

My intention is not to attack your personal beliefs, rather to give you a rational insight to explain the purpose of life, and the reason why it is impossible for nature to have created itself; all creation must have a Creator, just as all actions must have a doer.

So please do not be so sardonic next time - that will be kindly appreciated.
I get what you're trying to say but I don't agree and I don't think you've really explained yourself very well. You're making assumptions e.g. "all creation must have a creator". That's only true if you accept that everything in nature was created as opposed to, you know, just happening because of chemical reactions causing life to form that evolved into other forms and etc. So what you need to prove first is that the universe was "created"; only then can your "rational" assumption about a Creator be justified.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
If you deny God's existence, then how do you explain the perfection of nature?
If you accept God's existence, how do you explain the perfection of nature? God did it just isn't an answer any more than 'nature did it'.

How is it that God came from No God when God occurred? My guess is you'll say God has always existed, well I can quite easily posit that the universe has always existed (obviously background radiation observations disprove this for our known universe) but it's quite possible that something 'beyond' that could just as easily have always existed as much as any God.

I have a question for you:

Let's say that the best answer for where everything came from is that it came about 'magically' by some sort of creative force, what's to say that this is an intelligent god or in particular the interventionist personal god that you believe in?

Last edited:

PoisedTiger007

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Yeah, we don't know how these things happened for sure, but at least we go to an effort to work it out rather than making up bullshit stories to "explain" it.

A question I've always wanted to ask: a lot of Christians espouse the view that if you don't follow God, you go to hell. Right? Well what about the people who lived in the time before Christ? What about the people in ancient caveman times? Christianity wasn't even around then. (and the fact that it hasn't always been around is partly why I call bullshit on the whole religion thing.)
As for you, Cosmic Doris, I do agree with your first statement; that we should use our logic and intellect to explain things; absolutely correct!
Yet on the other hand, I never mentioned that I am a Christian, yet I do believe that the wrongdoers ultimately go to Hell.
Now, I ask you to be open-minded and thoughtful about what I'm just about to say...
Put it this way; if a righteous man gets killed, and the killer later on dies without facing charges in this life, is it fair that there is no judgement after that?
If there was no Resurrection Day as you confess, then why on Earth should anyone bother about living a 'peaceful, harmonious and productive' life?
Wouldn't we better off just going haywire, following our lusts and whims?

But no, justice is justice, logic is logic, and so life is actually a limited time-span for us to do good, and avoid the wrong...and accordingly, God will retribute us with unprecedented rewards: PARADISE for ETERNITY!

It is time for us to put aside our materialist beliefs that the universe is matter and only matter (OK...then where did the matter originate from?).

May God guide you to the Truth, and to an awareness of the reason for us being on Earth, living short lives that tick away every second...down to our death. (This IS the truth; everyone is going to die).

Last edited:

fareezuh

HSC
freaking_out said:
I'm a muslim- and i'm a muslim, bcoz i like the fact how islam calls to the submission to one god, the most perfect, with no flaws. Also because it reaffirms the message of all the prophets that came before (eg. abraham, moses, jesus etc.).
i totally agree:)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
PoisedTiger007 said:
If there was no Resurrection Day as you confess, then why on Earth should anyone bother about living a 'peaceful, harmonious and productive' life?
We do follow our lusts and whims, they lead us often to live 'peaceful, harmonious and productive lives', such a life is after all something that people desire... right?

It is time for us to put aside our materialist beliefs that the universe is matter and only matter (OK...then where did the matter originate from?).
Where did God originate from? Where-ever u say I'm going to say that's where the matter came from... If God just always existed in some realm beyond our understanding, why couldn't matter?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
PoisedTiger007 said:
As for you, Cosmic Doris, I do agree with your first statement; that we should use our logic and intellect to explain things; absolutely correct!
Yet on the other hand, I never mentioned that I am a Christian, yet I do believe that the wrongdoers ultimately go to Hell.
k, but you didn't answer the rest of my question ;)

PoisedTiger007 said:
Now, I ask you to be open-minded and thoughtful about what I'm just about to say...
Put it this way; if a righteous man gets killed, and the killer later on dies without facing charges in this life, is it fair that there is no judgement after that?
A lot of things aren't fair. That doesn't mean there must necessarily be a way to make them so.

Also, I understand your point about Resurrection Day, but the only people who live their lives in anticipation of that day are Christians, so when it comes to the rest of us it's a bit of a dud point. We behave (for the most part) like decent people because if we all went around stabbing whoever the hell we felt like, we'd die out pretty quickly. And extinction is not something on the agenda of any self respecting species. Sure, our moral codes, in the Western world at least, may be based on biblical precedents in parts but that doesn't mean that we're all walking around checking everything we do against what God says. Does that make any sense, I cbb going into great depth about it.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I find it pretty scary that he thinks without a God to judge us we'd go on murderous rampages (more than we already do lol).

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
lol, 40% practise chritianity, and 12% practice islam.

these results are screwed up. define practice?

i doupt all the Christians go to church every sunday, and doupt all the muslims pray 5 times a day.

last time i prayed was on eid. (shamefully speaking)

results are flawed.

definition of "practice" is debatable.

97% of those who have participated in this poll are christian/muslim/hindu etc simply because they were born into it.

simply put it this way if those who really practice those religions to its true nature, we would have many many more religious fundamentalist within our society.

Last edited:

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
i also never understood why christians where the chross around their necks. when jesus comes do you really think he wants to see a cross? i think its abit insulting.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Well... according to most christian theologians god wanted the crucifixion to happen so that people could be freed from sin..

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
PoisedTiger007 said:
To atheists.

srsly, i never understood how you got to this conculsion. please help me undertand

PERFECT WORLD -------> ? -----------------> GOD

think rationally and expalain to me what the question mark is. please.

hey, i aint trying to say there is no god. but your logic is simply stupid, outright down syndrome.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
bigboyjames said:
i also never understood why christians where the chross around their necks. when jesus comes do you really think he wants to see a cross? i think its abit insulting.
As far as I'm aware it's more like a tribute than an insult. Like a way of saying you remember what Jesus did for you and are thankful. Well that's how I'd interpret it.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
bigboyjames said:
lolll, :giddy:, funny, but idiotic:uhhuh:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
bigboyjames said:
lol, 40% practise chritianity, and 12% practice islam.

these results are screwed up. define practice?

i doupt all the Christians go to church every sunday, and doupt all the muslims pray 5 times a day.

last time i prayed was on eid. (shamefully speaking)

results are flawed.

definition of "practice" is debatable.

97% of those who have participated in this poll are christian/muslim/hindu etc simply because they were born into it.

simply put it this way if those who really practice those religions to its true nature, we would have many many more religious fundamentalist within our society.
Isn't it true that if all the people who put "christian" on the census were practicing Christians there wouldn't be enough room in our churches for them?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lol my parentals put themselves down as Anglicans on every census despite having not been to church since I was baptised (under pressure from the grandmonsters) and dad might make a drunk embarrassing attempt at saying grace at Christmas dinner, but that's it. lies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)