Republican Primaries (5 Viewers)

Lentern

HSC
was just addressing your point that Newt Gingrich is a conservative which he ain't and that there wasn't a conservative on that stage for people to turn to
Do you mean conservative in the sense of the modern vernacular or the strict political scientist definition?

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
that fucking ron paul ad is incredible

ron's a solid 2nd place in all of the straw polls

newt gingrich makes me fucking sick

Lentern

HSC
that fucking ron paul ad is incredible

ron's a solid 2nd place in all of the straw polls

newt gingrich makes me fucking sick
Actually he's winning most of the straw polls at the moment, and barely registering a blip on the nationwide polls.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
On Ron Paul's website December 5th:

"We are sure two average Americans like Speaker Gingrich and Donald Trump will have a wonderful time picking out gifts for their wives. We suggest a place called Tiffany’s, we hear it is quite nice this time of year and given their celebrity status they can probably get special deals and $500,000 lines of credit."

Gold.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
Actually he's winning most of the straw polls at the moment, and barely registering a blip on the nationwide polls.
Shut up okay let me get convinced he will win and then be horribly heartbroken okay

Lentern

HSC
Obama has got this election in the bag
Black man living in the whitehouse, lotta people still don't like it. I know I'm in the minority but I still reckon it was Palin not Obama/McCain that decided the previous election. Safe set of hands is all the GOP need to put up. Romney obviously is more electable but the Newt is widely seen as competent I think.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
Black man living in the whitehouse, lotta people still don't like it. I know I'm in the minority but I still reckon it was Palin not Obama/McCain that decided the previous election. Safe set of hands is all the GOP need to put up. Romney obviously is more electable but the Newt is widely seen as competent I think.
Obama has had some things going for him and of course official, but not real unemployment figures are going down. gonna have the Reagan 84 election affect basically

Lentern

HSC
Obama has had some things going for him and of course official, but not real unemployment figures are going down. gonna have the Reagan 84 election affect basically
If low unemployment could swing an election our Julia would be streaking ahead in the polls.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
If low unemployment could swing an election our Julia would be streaking ahead in the polls.
our unemployment was never high to begin with, you can't compare the 1984 Republican election with the Australian 2010 election lol

AMERICAN ELECTION DISCUSSION ONLY PLEASE

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
i'm with you lentern mccain and palin were fucking horrible

you're also forgetting that obongo had the advantage of not being seen as succeeding one of the worst presidents in american history unlike mccain

being a smiling mullato negro that was both seen as white enough to like for a lot of white people (not a frightening malcolm x/stokley carmichael character) to well as well as a black man percieved by black people as not a traitorous uncle tom negro didnt exactly hurt him either

Last edited:

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
NOT AFTER TODAY"S SHOCK HORROR RESULTS

fucking disaster labor tanking in the polls

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
McCain: "The US Government does not torture"
Obama: "Lol sure bro"

Lentern

HSC
our unemployment was never high to begin with, you can't compare the 1984 Republican election with the Australian 2010 election lol

AMERICAN ELECTION DISCUSSION ONLY PLEASE
I'll discuss what I bloody well like, at any rate I wasn't talking about 2010 I was talking about since 2010. 1984 had more to do with Gary Hart than unemployment.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
Republicans defeat the democrats by being Republicans or at least being close to. with the exception of Ron Paul and maybe Huntsman, they're are no Republicans on that stage. Only neo-cons who are basically democrats, with a hint of hating on minorities and welfare

I mean ffs Obama is (though very slowly) ending the war in Iraq, for a Democrat to be pulling out of a war is almost unheard of. That's supposed to be a Republican message and a platform that they would run on.

also with the exception of maybe mittens or Huntsman non of the candidates look very presidential at all, and that's including Ron Paul

Garygaz

HSC
yes

i think their actions in congress by essentially blocking any and every piece of legislation that tried to increase tax on the wealthy has pissed off enough people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)