Results countdown (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
dp624 said:
You can prolly tell them. I dont think anyone actually has access to specific marks, but maybe just the bands etc
wrong, the school has access to all HSC marks for every subject. but not UAIs.

theshortykatt said:
ive decided just to wait for my results in the mail
lol, what?
how could you resist not checking the net? the curiosity would get the better of me

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
unless u plan to wake up late instead of being up at like 5:30 going bonkers like i shal.

dp624

HSC
fallenstar said:
wrong, the school has access to all HSC marks for every subject. but not UAIs.
damn, that sucks. do they have the names to match it to?

ie. do they know that X got Y. or is it "this many ppl" got Y

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
dp624 said:
damn, that sucks. do they have the names to match it to?

ie. do they know that X got Y. or is it "this many ppl" got Y
I'm not totally sure, but I was talking to my History Extension teacher this morning and she said that the school receives all HSC results (internal and external for every subject) on the net at 7am; I am assuming they do have names attached to them because one teacher said to me, "Looking forward to hearing about your results on Wednesday" when she doesn't even teach me- so another teacher who has access to that department's results must tell others etc.

EIT: oh yeah and it goes by department, not by student. i.e. maths department can only see your maths results, not your phys.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Im pretty sure they find out that X got Y. At my school they publish a document the day after UAI's which has all the students names and what subjects they got band 6's in, which they wouldnt be able to do if they didnt know who got what.

danz90

HSC
Apparently the Head Maths teacher at my school can access HSC Results from 5.00am or at least substantialy earlier than we can. He said he's gonna call/message mee as soon as he see's my results... I'm like nooo don't ruin it.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
danz90 said:
Apparently the Head Maths teacher at my school can access HSC Results from 5.00am or at least substantialy earlier than we can. He said he's gonna call/message mee as soon as he see's my results... I'm like nooo don't ruin it.
Doubt it. At least, they shouldn't do that.

danz90

HSC
lyounamu said:
Well, he's done it before, he always gets them earlier than 6.00am. He logs in thru Schools Online.

iEdd

HSC
Also a tip to have the best experience. SMS results suck and kind of spoil it, so I'm using the SMS notification simply as a means to know *when* to check online. That way I don't sit there reloading the page like a douche. :)

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
lyounamu said:
yeah I agree. They wouldn't receive access to our results before WE got them, surely.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
iEdd said:
Also a tip to have the best experience. SMS results suck and kind of spoil it, so I'm using the SMS notification simply as a means to know *when* to check online. That way I don't sit there reloading the page like a douche. :)
6:00 am is the time, isn't it?

danz90

HSC
iEdd said:
Yeah, good idea... but my fone actually shows the SMS (Or at least a big chunk of it) on the screen when its received, for a few seconds. So as soon as I look at the screen, I'll immediately see:

BOS NSW HSC 2008
EngAdv xx xx
Bio xx xx

And it'll just kill it for me. Internet's the way to go..

dp624

HSC
Oh well, SMS didn't even come out last year to a few people.
Is UAI 9am or 6am?>

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
iEdd said:
Don't the SMS results come out a few mins past 6am, usually? Last year the HSC results opened at 5:50am - so you could be caught in a system crash or something if you rely on the text to come in at the right time.

ehhh i'm being pedantic, do what you want :p

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
fallenstar said:
Don't the SMS results come out a few mins past 6am, usually? Last year the HSC results opened at 5:50am - so you could be caught in a system crash or something if you rely on the text to come in at the right time.

ehhh i'm being pedantic, do what you want :p
Yeah you can usually get your results online earlier than 6

I wouldnt trust the SMS system. My cousin applied for it in 2005, and he never got a message. My brother did it in 2006 and got his at about 4pm. Maybe theyve improved the system by now, but if youre able to check online, I dont see the point of getting an SMS.

iEdd

HSC
lyounamu said:
6:00 am is the time, isn't it?
Yeah, but can be early or late. 5:50AM last year. If you have set your alarm or stayed up all night, you may as well check as soon as they are up.

Last year the SMS was 5:50AM and the results were online as soon as I checked, so the SMS is probably a minute or two behind the online system, OR exactly parallel.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
midifile said:
I wouldnt trust the SMS system. My cousin applied for it in 2005, and he never got a message. My brother did it in 2006 and got his at about 4pm. .
Wow, that's shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)