Results (1 Viewer)

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
Why did you choose UWS over other unis such as UNSW or USYD?
i actually recieved an offer to study at unsw way back when i just finished my HSC, but after much thought, i realised the travel was going to be a pain in the ass, and i realised that the uni name isnt going to make you any better then anyone else,

so i applied for a second round of offers back then i found there was vacancy for that course and my cutoff was higher so i was bound to make it and i did.

But after much research and advice i decided i should change uni preferences, the travel was going to be just to far for me, and i needed to be realistic with myself, i knew i was kidding myself, travelling far to uni and studying was not going to be easy, i had the perfect opportunity and advantage by going to uws, it would save time and money and above all it was relatively close to me.

I said to myself, id be better off acing it there then screwing up at unsw, not because its any harder, but the travel will make it much more difficult and i know this from other students who have been in a similar situations as me before and had no choice but to transfer at the end of first semester.

this is why i chose uws, it makes my life more easier, flexible and convenient.

And dont get me wrong i can transfer to any uni if i want now, my gpa is high enough, but whats the point, i dont have long till i graduate and when your in uni, you dont think about that shit, your only concern is to get your work done and get the best marks possible, at the end of the day it all comes down to the same thing!

i hope this clears up any sort of inferiority complex amongst the other unis and its not all about showing off and going to the uni that sounds more prestigious, you have to be realistic and ask yourself, can i cope with lost time as a result for travel? etc... There are so many reasons for so many different people, so dont assume people who attend uws are idiots...maybe some, but not all anyways lol, you will find idiots at every uni, believe me.

M@ster P

HSC
i actually recieved an offer to study at unsw way back when i just finished my HSC, but after much thought, i realised the travel was going to be a pain in the ass, and i realised that the uni name isnt going to make you any better then anyone else,

so i applied for a second round of offers back then i found there was vacancy for that course and my cutoff was higher so i was bound to make it and i did.

But after much research and advice i decided i should change uni preferences, the travel was going to be just to far for me, and i needed to be realistic with myself, i knew i was kidding myself, travelling far to uni and studying was not going to be easy, i had the perfect opportunity and advantage by going to uws, it would save time and money and above all it was relatively close to me.

I said to myself, id be better off acing it there then screwing up at unsw, not because its any harder, but the travel will make it much more difficult and i know this from other students who have been in a similar situations as me before and had no choice but to transfer at the end of first semester.

this is why i chose uws, it makes my life more easier, flexible and convenient.

And dont get me wrong i can transfer to any uni if i want now, my gpa is high enough, but whats the point, i dont have long till i graduate and when your in uni, you dont think about that shit, your only concern is to get your work done and get the best marks possible, at the end of the day it all comes down to the same thing!

i hope this clears up any sort of inferiority complex amongst the other unis and its not all about showing off and going to the uni that sounds more prestigious, you have to be realistic and ask yourself, can i cope with lost time as a result for travel? etc... There are so many reasons for so many different people, so dont assume people who attend uws are idiots...maybe some, but not all anyways lol, you will find idiots at every uni, believe me.
What suburb do you live in? must of been quite far away from UNSW.

Lara1986

HSC
What suburb do you live in? must of been quite far away from UNSW.
Keep in mind that UWS has several locations so there are hundreds of suburbs that are far more convenient for travel to UWS than sydney unis :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)