Retail Bitcherhood (1 Viewer)

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Oh fucking hell I'm pissed,
Tonight it was non-stop mothers with their little children, pissed off to fuck.
Smile politely Biggles, be kind and helpful,
I'm also sick of dickheads going
"Diet Coke"
or
"sprite"
or
"lift"
...this is KFC, not McDonalds, notice the difference between a giant golden arch and a fucked up old man.

Edit:
Also, I had this guy the other day at BiLo go:
"I thought this was a discount supermarket, maybe I should just go to Coles or something"
and then I explained to him that it doesn't mind me because we are the same company and the money's still going to go to the same person, and then I asked if he shopped at Kmart (almost the only department store in town), he simply said
"Thank you, bye"

I think it was real polite of him to say thank you though :uhhuh:

Last edited:

Sabbo

HSC
Overall I'm pretty happy with my Job (Soundbar at Target...and NO we don't just stand there the whole day listening to music :)). The majority of customers I served have been pretty nice, only some things get on my nerves.

I hate impatient Customers. Because Target's Soundbar counter is in the middle of the department I (we) have customers queuing from the front and back...WHY THE FUCK would you queue up at the back when the registers are at the front; and then they get pissed off if you don't serve them straight away. Usually I just say "Sorry who's next" and let them fight it out :p

Last weekend I got told of the first time by a customer (been working there for 2 months). I was putting through a sale and as usual people just 'butt' in and ask questions. So this women asked if we had any 'Wiggle's' CD's left. I said we were sold out but must have automatically added 'I'll have a look for it". I just had jammed my finger before and figured since I was bleeding a bit I'd better go and get a bandaid before I get blood all over the merchandise.
As soon as I finished the sale i went over to the other people I was woking with to tell them I was gonna go to the First Aid room when I suddenly hear the "Wiggles" woman bitch behind me how "rude" I was for just walking off...She calmed down after I helped her....bit hypocritical nevertheless

I think I'm getting desensetised to words like "Sorry"..I say it all the time :)
I've also gotten much more patient when I'm a customer myself somewhere and I wish everyone a 'nice day' :p

Last edited:

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
This morning, on registers:

"What are you looking at young man?! I Can't afford to buy the big brand shit"

For fuck's sake, I wasn't even giving a "look" at her groceries, personally I couldn't give a fuck what brands she buys.
Next time she can go to another register, there's a couple of customers that I've told my department manager about and told her I now refuse to serve them, she said "that's up to you, Biggles"
So yeah, I'll now be telling certain customers that I will not serve them.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
I hate fuckers who go psycho at me if I ask them for ID
how hard is it!?

what do they expect me to do, sacrifice my job so they don't have to reach into their wallet to show id?

and once, I was serving this lady and she hadn't put a barrier between her stuff and this guy's lolliop behind her. So i scanned the lollipop. like 35c. and she was like OMG thats not mine. so I immediately deleted it, but she started going psyco at me (her and her husband) so I jsut said sorry and stuff and she continued going skitz and then made a point of getting my name so she could complain about me.

!
!

Sabbo

HSC
timrie6 said:
I hate fuckers who go psycho at me if I ask them for ID
how hard is it!?

what do they expect me to do, sacrifice my job so they don't have to reach into their wallet to show id?
Haha I agree. Shouldn't the person feel priviliged? When they're +30 they'll wish someone would ask them for ID :)

Generator

HSC
N/A
I don't have much to bitch about, but the job is mindless and boring (I jump at every interruption seeing as though I'm off in the clouds as I work). Still, it isn't too bad, and I rarely have to deal with the customers, but I do hate the people who expect early morning service at 9pm (the supermarket may be open till 12, but the department 'closes' at 5).

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
Man today at work apparently the truck missed our store and there was heaps of new things supposed to be released yesterday so we couldnt get it out, had bitchy customers all day yelling about how they couldnt get harry potter until tomorrow, this idiot came in at about 6pm and said how he wanting some documentary advertised to be released today at big w and he came all the way from scone to get it and we didnt have them yet so i said to him that we would have to take his name and number and give him a call tomorrow morning as soon as they get some in and they could keep one for him, he was getting really angry at me and wanted to go off but because i was being so nice to him he couldnt so he went to the store manager and complained about me, she told him the same thing, she was sorry the truck missed us and she would take his name and number and give him a call when he came in and he said thankyou left her his name and number and left, HOW ANNOYING!!!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
modelzsuck said:
Man today at work apparently the truck missed our store and there was heaps of new things supposed to be released yesterday so we couldnt get it out, had bitchy customers all day yelling about how they couldnt get harry potter until tomorrow, this idiot came in at about 6pm and said how he wanting some documentary advertised to be released today at big w and he came all the way from scone to get it and we didnt have them yet so i said to him that we would have to take his name and number and give him a call tomorrow morning as soon as they get some in and they could keep one for him, he was getting really angry at me and wanted to go off but because i was being so nice to him he couldnt so he went to the store manager and complained about me, she told him the same thing, she was sorry the truck missed us and she would take his name and number and give him a call when he came in and he said thankyou left her his name and number and left, HOW ANNOYING!!!

bahahahaha that would have looked fantastic for that big huge humungous manager that was coming in today... joe....joel....jim some big regional manager...

anyway i had to go home sick from work yesterday ( i think i had heatstroke, even though i had been-and still am- sick for a few days beforehand) and the fucking little miss know-it-all day apparel manager is like
'why did you come to work if you were sick?'
'because i knew -insert big managers name here- is coming 2morrow and i wanted to help out'
'well your alot of fucking help to us now aren't you?!'

aww man i was SO cranky i just went OFF.. as if she has never come to work and then had to leave half way through because she is sick.. oh wait.. thats right when shes sick she goes out the back or upstairs to the lunchroom lies on the tables drinking coffee and when someone calls her for help says 'i cant help you tonight im upstairs dying' GO HOME! PEOPLE DONT GET PAID FOR SITTING AROUND OR LYING AROUND CAUSE THEY'RE SICK!!!! bah so i left.

bitch over now.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
i would have to say the worst thing i have experienced is all those people asking for discounts or complaining about the price of their food - as if it's my fault coz obviously i set the prices just to spite them... and the line "it's $2 cheaper at so and so" - i'm like freakin well go there then, i don't really care!

working at pizza hut it's the coupons that annoy me - people ringing through saying they have a coupon when they actually dont... i live on the north shore!! people can afford to pay $9.95 for a pizza, why do they need to lie to get their $3 discount?!

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
_muse_ said:
aww man i was SO cranky i just went OFF.. as if she has never come to work and then had to leave half way through because she is sick.. oh wait.. thats right when shes sick she goes out the back or upstairs to the lunchroom lies on the tables drinking coffee and when someone calls her for help says 'i cant help you tonight im upstairs dying' GO HOME! PEOPLE DONT GET PAID FOR SITTING AROUND OR LYING AROUND CAUSE THEY'RE SICK!!!! bah so i left.

bitch over now.
Managers huh,
This arvo one of the managers came back from doing the banking, walked in and said
"Is anyone gonna serve or are you all just gonna sit around talking"
And so everyone's just like good little children and all go to serve, So i figure I stick up for us,
So I turn to her and say "Listen you stupid cow, we are discussing a serious fucking problem in this store. You walk in all of a sudden and think you're the fucking Queen. We know there is someone at front counter. They are waiting for ***** (another manager). You have no fucking right to walk in here and be the way you just were, I don't give a fuck how bad your day was"

The End.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
biggles04 said:
Managers huh,
This arvo one of the managers came back from doing the banking, walked in and said
"Is anyone gonna serve or are you all just gonna sit around talking"
And so everyone's just like good little children and all go to serve, So i figure I stick up for us,
So I turn to her and say "Listen you stupid cow, we are discussing a serious fucking problem in this store. You walk in all of a sudden and think you're the fucking Queen. We know there is someone at front counter. They are waiting for ***** (another manager). You have no fucking right to walk in here and be the way you just were, I don't give a fuck how bad your day was"

The End.

hahaha how did they react?

its about time someone stood up for others in front of managers... maybe then they'll remove the poles from their asses.

fuck i hate em

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
_muse_ said:
hahaha how did they react?

its about time someone stood up for others in front of managers... maybe then they'll remove the poles from their asses.

fuck i hate em

I don't have any respect for any of our 3 managers, I do it all the time, they know it, everyone knows it, but they're not going to do anything about it, they can't, they'll lose one of their staff members who actually does anything

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Tonight, my friend told me that the manager on tonight reckoned I erased "stuff from the whiteboard (for messages to employees)"
Now, this manager I hate and he knows it, and I don't give a fuck what he does.

So my friend rung me after she finished work, so we went out, had a few drinks and then I rung this manager at work and abused the fuck out of him, I mean SERIOUSLY!

I was yelling, screaming, swearing my head off at him telling him how sick of his shit I was.
Oh boy, he had nothing to say, he must've been sitting there, mouth to the floor! He was speechless and knew that I had too much power over him for him to say anything in his defense!!!!!
Dam he had nothing to say!
Just to make sure I covered for myself before it got to the manager, I rung the assistant manager (used to be the manager) and told him what happened.
Now I won't get in trouble because I rung him before -Manager who I had a go at- had a chance!!!
I always do that, covers my tracks before he hears the manager's story!

You guys should give it a go.

better yet, is there a manager you don't like? Give me their number, I'll give them a piece of my mind. <-- This is not a joke, I am advertsing to help.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i work in food not retail but anyway. yesterday i was toasting a foccacia, and i lifted the top up to see if it was cooked, to find hair strewn through it. I told my manager, and hes like "shhh, its only a bit of hair" and proceeded to pick it out with tongs and serve to the customer. also, if i didnt wash the tongs, he was going to keep using them for other foccacias.
also, its organised really badly, there is no roster or anything and my boss just rings when it suits him, and is like "these are your shifts." and sometimes he rings and says "theres maybe a shift on whatever day, so stay tuned and ill let you know". its fucked. And he only tells you what time you start, and not when you finish, and then when you are working you just finish when it suits him. so you dont even know if your working for 3 hours or 8 hours. it makes it impossible to plan anything.
this girl used to work there, and she was on a casual basis but she worked practically full time, and she became pregnant and when she told them, they just said "oh." no congratulations or anything, and then she told them she wouldnt be able to do heavy lifting anymore, and our boss is like "what! then who is going to do it? can your husband come in and do it? so i said id do it and hes like, "no, you serve on thursdays." and then they basically treated her like shit, and cut her hours down to 3 a week, and wouldnt even allow her to go to the toilet.

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Ranger Stacie said:
i work in food not retail but anyway. yesterday i was toasting a foccacia, and i lifted the top up to see if it was cooked, to find hair strewn through it. I told my manager, and hes like "shhh, its only a bit of hair" and proceeded to pick it out with tongs and serve to the customer. also, if i didnt wash the tongs, he was going to keep using them for other foccacias.
also, its organised really badly, there is no roster or anything and my boss just rings when it suits him, and is like "these are your shifts." and sometimes he rings and says "theres maybe a shift on whatever day, so stay tuned and ill let you know". its fucked. And he only tells you what time you start, and not when you finish, and then when you are working you just finish when it suits him. so you dont even know if your working for 3 hours or 8 hours. it makes it impossible to plan anything.
this girl used to work there, and she was on a casual basis but she worked practically full time, and she became pregnant and when she told them, they just said "oh." no congratulations or anything, and then she told them she wouldnt be able to do heavy lifting anymore, and our boss is like "what! then who is going to do it? can your husband come in and do it? so i said id do it and hes like, "no, you serve on thursdays." and then they basically treated her like shit, and cut her hours down to 3 a week, and wouldnt even allow her to go to the toilet.

I'm really, truly sorry for saying this, but:

That's what you get for working in a locally owned small business with no Enterprise Agreement or unionism.
But there are laws for this.

And how absolutely stupid is this guy - No roster?! Who the hell does he think he is?

(see my previous post) Give me his number! :)

Ranger Stacie said:
yesterday i was toasting a foccacia, and i lifted the top up to see if it was cooked, to find hair strewn through it. I told my manager, and hes like "shhh, its only a bit of hair" and proceeded to pick it out with tongs and serve to the customer.
This I'm even more worried about. TWO WORDS: DOB HIM IN

lol

Last edited:

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
biggles04 said:
I'm really, truly sorry for saying this, but:

That's what you get for working in a locally owned small business with no Enterprise Agreement or unionism.

And how absolutely stupid is this guy - No roster?! Who the hell does he think he is?

(see my previous post) Give me his number! :)
i know, its fucked. but i just got a new job, which starts in 3 weeks and i plan on giving him no notice :p my revenge! since i get no notice i wont give him any
and he is really stupid, so many people have quit, and he cant work it out...
i think he will be pretty much screwed when i leave, cos my new job starts on the 22nd, a couple of days before christmas so he will be really busy, and 2 other key people just quit as well, and there is only 1 other person that has worked there for awhile, everyone else is just 14 year olds who cant do anything

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Ranger Stacie said:
i know, its fucked. but i just got a new job, which starts in 3 weeks and i plan on giving him no notice :p my revenge! since i get no notice i wont give him any
and he is really stupid, so many people have quit, and he cant work it out...
i think he will be pretty much screwed when i leave, cos my new job starts on the 22nd, a couple of days before christmas so he will be really busy, and 2 other key people just quit as well, and there is only 1 other person that has worked there for awhile, everyone else is just 14 year olds who cant do anything

excellent, I like your style

Can I quit for you?! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)