• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Retail Bitcherhood (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
biggles04 said:
excellent, I like your style

Can I quit for you?! ;)
lol, but ive been looking forward to this for ages!

im going to say it was because of the non roster thing and cos my hours keep getting cut for 14 year olds.
is it even legal to hire 14 year olds? i always thought they had to be 14 and 9 months. the other day, i trained this girl, and i thought she was my age, and i asked her how old she was and shes like "im 14. it was my birthday yesterday and i got a new bike"

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Ranger Stacie said:
lol, but ive been looking forward to this for ages!

im going to say it was because of the non roster thing and cos my hours keep getting cut for 14 year olds.
is it even legal to hire 14 year olds? i always thought they had to be 14 and 9 months. the other day, i trained this girl, and i thought she was my age, and i asked her how old she was and shes like "im 14. it was my birthday yesterday and i got a new bike"
There is no such thing as "a legal working age"
There is no national statutory minimum age for employment in Australia. However, since it is compulsory for young people to attend school until age 14 or 15 years, it is not possible to enter full-time employment until then.

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
I used to work at BigW and the thing I hated most were the 'Voids' when a customer purchases something and then decides they no longer want it after you've scanned it. There are so many customers that decide they no longer want something, and my store only allows us to void three times, so I'm constantly getting into trouble, and its not my fault or any of the cashiers fault, because we don't tell the customers to change their minds. So after getting into trouble so many times, I start telling some customers that since I already scanned it in, I can't undo it, and tell them to just go and get a refund. :)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
ok heres my next bitch..

i signed a contract, to say that my working hours would be made to suit me, suit my school, family and other committments. So here i am, starting yr 12, wanna do really well so i hand in a new availability form that says i can only work weekends and thursday nights. it gets ignored, i hand in another 4 forms before it is acknowledged that i am no longer able to work weeknights. i go off my head because it has been like a month since i first said i couldnt do it.. their explanation? "it got 'lost'" pffff my ass it did.

so the manager says he will change my hours (im spose to get 12 hours a week to complete my traineeship) and for punishment for changing my hours, i get 3 hours next week and possibly the week after. it is BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!! how can i be the only one that gets punished!!!

i speak to one of the managers that was on today and he says 'well change ur availability to hours that suit the store' omg did i yell.... i yelled about signing that work would be able to fit around my school life when really (and this is so wrong) school fits around work...

ARGH IM SO SICK OF BIG W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRGGGHH

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Try handling two casual jobs.

When I first told my manager at KFC that I got another job, I asked him to keep up my hours anyway. Next thing I know he dropped my hours from 30 to 13.5 the next week.

GGGRRRRRRRRR

Unfortunately there's not much we can do about it.

Sorry, muse, I'm usually so full of advice, but tell them to get fucked.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
biggles04 said:
Sorry, muse, I'm usually so full of advice, but tell them to get fucked.
i plan on using ur previous story... getting blotto and then calling them and having a go...

its bullshit but, ill be the one getting yelled at soon because i dont have enough hours for my traineeship to be completed when i was the one TRYING to get work ARGH damn big w to hell.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Fucken, my first day at David Jones some snobby woman comes in and buys about $2500 worth of bedsheets etc on her credit card, and then once the whole transaction has gone through tells me that she wants to put it on her David Jones card instead.

Reversing a $2500 transaction meant I needed authrosiation from the store manager who's never there, so the whole process took about an hour. In the meantime she got shitty at me at how long I was taking. Fucken stoopid people.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
hehe i hate that... when people change their minds.. but hey theres not much we can do :(

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
hyperbole said:
I used to work at BigW and the thing I hated most were the 'Voids' when a customer purchases something and then decides they no longer want it after you've scanned it. There are so many customers that decide they no longer want something, and my store only allows us to void three times, so I'm constantly getting into trouble, and its not my fault or any of the cashiers fault, because we don't tell the customers to change their minds. So after getting into trouble so many times, I start telling some customers that since I already scanned it in, I can't undo it, and tell them to just go and get a refund. :)
i fuckin hate voids. we have to sign them so our boss knows who to ring and yell at when the register doesn't balance.

and customers who get you to ring up a $125 purchase, get bored and run off to browse more while you ring it all up, and then just as you've put through the eftpos/credit they come back with another $3 books they want to buy and when you say you've run the card through and you'll have to ring it up separately, they look at you like you're the cretin.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
haha..i used to work at burger king (yuck..) and one night i decided to clear up some more tables since i wasn't busy at the counter and someone had arranged their chips (or 'fries') into the word 'shit'..haha..too hard not to laugh..

but yeh..that was maybe the only time i laughed..working there was crap and people are so rude and expect so much..at least now i appreciate what people go through at retail/food stores..so i often put my crap in the bin etc. because i know how much it sucked when i had to do it over and over again for other people..seriously..it's NOT hard to dump the stuff on your tray in the bin, stick the tray on top of the bin and walk out..IT'S ON THE WAY!

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Well...

I Quit

Yep, I quit KFC, now my life will be normal.
All the shit behind KFC will now leave me, It's over, get fucked all the dickhead managers, They just lost one of their best staff members ;)

See if I can sign full time with BiLo or look elsewhere.

THANK FUCK I'M OUT OF THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
Stupid customers!

Oh man I hate work, on Saturday I had to work 10-6pm on registers. This stupid bitch comes through at like 4pm and brought a game. I told her that you have to actually buy them from home ent, she said she didnt want to go all the way back down there so because im such a nice person i will get someone to bring one up for her so they called customer service and because the whole store was shit busy they took like 20 mins to get there and then 20 mins to get back with it. And this lady says to me um, excuse me but how much longer is it going to be, i dont have all day. I said look lady, if you had walked back down there and waited in the line it would have taken about 5 mins not 40, is that my problem.

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
modelzsuck said:
Oh man I hate work, on Saturday I had to work 10-6pm on registers. This stupid bitch comes through at like 4pm and brought a game. I told her that you have to actually buy them from home ent, she said she didnt want to go all the way back down there so because im such a nice person i will get someone to bring one up for her so they called customer service and because the whole store was shit busy they took like 20 mins to get there and then 20 mins to get back with it. And this lady says to me um, excuse me but how much longer is it going to be, i dont have all day. I said look lady, if you had walked back down there and waited in the line it would have taken about 5 mins not 40, is that my problem.
This stupid bitch had already been from home ent and bought a dvd from there so i was like its your problem not mine and then the supervisor got angry at me for being rude to customers but the manager was laughing with me cuz he thought it was funny. :rolleyes:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
modelzsuck said:
This stupid bitch had already been from home ent and bought a dvd from there so i was like its your problem not mine and then the supervisor got angry at me for being rude to customers but the manager was laughing with me cuz he thought it was funny. :rolleyes:

hahaha go kylie! which manager was that? oh wait... it would of been josh i bet.. hes so awesome

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
biggles04 said:
Well...

I Quit

Yep, I quit KFC, now my life will be normal.
All the shit behind KFC will now leave me, It's over, get fucked all the dickhead managers, They just lost one of their best staff members ;)

See if I can sign full time with BiLo or look elsewhere.

THANK FUCK I'M OUT OF THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

YAY!!!!! now u wont smell when u come home from there.. (i mean.. if ppl from kfc smell half as bad as maccas ppl do when they finish work... your cheerin!)

lol anyway, congratulation biggles :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)