Retail Bitcherhood (1 Viewer)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i agree... i like hearing that im not the only one with job problems :)

Sabbo

HSC
I can't stand how people take stuff and then just dump it somewhere. One of the Managers asked me to help with the 'closing routine' (aka cleaning up) in the toys department today...it's disgusting. Opened boxes, toys lying everywhere strewn across the floor...What is wrong with people!?!?.

Last edited:

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
again not retail but food but anyway. my friend that is a chef at where i work and i were telling eachother the gross things we have seen our boss do, like pulling hair out of pasta right before serving it to customers etc and she told me that she was chopping up chicken, some of it wasnt cooked properly and had blood on it so she chuckjed it in the bin and the head chef got it out of the bin and put it on a pizza

:(

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
again not retail but food but anyway. my friend that is a chef at where i work and i were telling eachother the gross things we have seen our boss do, like pulling hair out of pasta right before serving it to customers etc and she told me that she was chopping up chicken, some of it wasnt cooked properly and had blood on it so she chuckjed it in the bin and the head chef got it out of the bin and put it on a pizza

:(

ewwwwwwwww now im turned off chicken pizzas forever...

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Sabbo said:
I can't stand how people take stuff and then just dump it somewhere. One of the Managers asked me to help with the 'closing routine' (aka cleaning up) in the toys department today...it's disgusting. Opened boxes, toys lying everywhere strewn across the floor...What is wrong with people!?!?.

haha its my job to clean up like that every day :p

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
The number of stupid/rude customers I have served is countless. A few examples (when I worked in a deli):

This stupid old bitch came up and wanted a BBQ chicken, we sell them for $9.95 and there's a big board on the wall above stating that it's $9.95 for one or two for $16. So anyway this lady is like "$9.95 is way too expensive, can I get one for $8." I said we only do one for $9.95 or two for $16. So she gets all pissed off and is like but that's so expensive those chickens are so small. I said they are size 15 and I later realised she misheard me and thought I said "five-fifteen" for the price. So she asked for one and gave me 10 bucks, when I gave her 5c change she's like wtf you said $5.15 then when I explained she got even more pissed off, had a rant then threw the chicken on the counter and stormed off. Grrr why the fuck did she come in the first place, it says in HUGE writing on the board that the chickens are $9.95, if she didn't like it she should've just gone somewhere else. I really don't give a shit about people who think our prices are too expensive, I don't set them.

Another time a tightarse lady came and bought: 3 olives, all different kinds, 1 slice of mild salami, and 1 slice of hot salami. Altogether it was about $1.60. I seriously couldn't figure out wtf u could use 3 olives and 2 pieces of salami for, except maybe to feed a starving Ethopian child...not even that.

Other customers that have pissed me off:
- People who buy like $2 worth of stuff and pay with a $50 note. And heaps of people do it so we constantly run out of change and have to run around the shopping centre to another shop to get change from them.
- Picky fuckwits who demand you get their ham from the layer underneath cos it's "fresher"...when all of the ham was sliced at the same bloody time and this only results in inconvenience to me getting their precious ham.
- People who ask for something then their phone rings, they spend 5 minutes jabbering on their phone while u wait for them to finish, meanwhile there's a load of customers waiting to be served.
- People who try to haggle the price of stuff. It's usually Asians who seems to think all the shops here are markets whose shopkeepers want to haggle with you. >: (

[/rant]

televators

HSC
yenta said:
The number of stupid/rude customers I have served is countless. A few examples (when I worked in a deli):

This stupid old bitch came up and wanted a BBQ chicken, we sell them for $9.95 and there's a big board on the wall above stating that it's $9.95 for one or two for $16. So anyway this lady is like "$9.95 is way too expensive, can I get one for $8." I said we only do one for $9.95 or two for $16. So she gets all pissed off and is like but that's so expensive those chickens are so small. I said they are size 15 and I later realised she misheard me and thought I said "five-fifteen" for the price. So she asked for one and gave me 10 bucks, when I gave her 5c change she's like wtf you said $5.15 then when I explained she got even more pissed off, had a rant then threw the chicken on the counter and stormed off. Grrr why the fuck did she come in the first place, it says in HUGE writing on the board that the chickens are $9.95, if she didn't like it she should've just gone somewhere else. I really don't give a shit about people who think our prices are too expensive, I don't set them.

Another time a tightarse lady came and bought: 3 olives, all different kinds, 1 slice of mild salami, and 1 slice of hot salami. Altogether it was about $1.60. I seriously couldn't figure out wtf u could use 3 olives and 2 pieces of salami for, except maybe to feed a starving Ethopian child...not even that.

Other customers that have pissed me off:
- People who buy like $2 worth of stuff and pay with a $50 note. And heaps of people do it so we constantly run out of change and have to run around the shopping centre to another shop to get change from them.
- Picky fuckwits who demand you get their ham from the layer underneath cos it's "fresher"...when all of the ham was sliced at the same bloody time and this only results in inconvenience to me getting their precious ham.
- People who ask for something then their phone rings, they spend 5 minutes jabbering on their phone while u wait for them to finish, meanwhile there's a load of customers waiting to be served.
- People who try to haggle the price of stuff. It's usually Asians who seems to think all the shops here are markets whose shopkeepers want to haggle with you. >: (

[/rant]
ahahhaha- i take it u work in a deli?- man, do i feel your pain!

hows this- on my VERY first shift, the second customer i ever served- an old bitch with no life- abused me for serving someone before her...even though they had a number before them!- anyways, she requested a medium pasta salad,- however in the abuse, i got confused and thought she said small...well, wasnt that the end of the world?- she created this huge scene, saying im utterly incompetent and should be fired on the spot, screaming for my manager...little did she know that my manager was watching the whole scene, laughing his head off- and then told me quietly after she claimed 'never to shop here again' that she requested the same of him last week...and he's the boss for fucks sake...anyways, 'miss i hate the service at the woolworths deli' returned only a week later, only to abuse again one of my fellow employees- seriously, we should be able to place a black ban on rude customers like that, they aim to fuck up ur day only to achieve a free chicken or ham, or whatever...

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
those number systems at the deli can cause a lot of cat fights esp at christmas.; i dont work in that dept but have been past it on the way to the lunch room. I feel sorry for you

Collin

HSC
N/A
televators said:
ahahhaha- i take it u work in a deli?- man, do i feel your pain!

hows this- on my VERY first shift, the second customer i ever served- an old bitch with no life- abused me for serving someone before her...even though they had a number before them!- anyways, she requested a medium pasta salad,- however in the abuse, i got confused and thought she said small...well, wasnt that the end of the world?- she created this huge scene, saying im utterly incompetent and should be fired on the spot, screaming for my manager...little did she know that my manager was watching the whole scene, laughing his head off- and then told me quietly after she claimed 'never to shop here again' that she requested the same of him last week...and he's the boss for fucks sake...anyways, 'miss i hate the service at the woolworths deli' returned only a week later, only to abuse again one of my fellow employees- seriously, we should be able to place a black ban on rude customers like that, they aim to fuck up ur day only to achieve a free chicken or ham, or whatever...
What a bitch!! Geez, I would of just told her to fuck off! (Well, I personally have the authority where I work.. but I guess it's a bit harder for you :()..

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i hate customers who are ignorant and expect you to explain to them in simple terms every god damn little detail.

me: *describes the DVD player in detail*
customer: so what's DVD-R? what's the plus and minus format? what's optical-out? what's DivX? what's multi-region? what's PAL? what's progressive-scan? what's mp3? what's jpeg? [what's a fucking annoying customer?]

erhem... people should do their homework.

Dave85

HSC
i work @ bunnings warehouse. 2 things that really shit me are:

*ppl that ask for discounts. why the fuck shud i give u a discount? its always asians as well that ask for dicsounts as well as pensioners. the asian cusomters are always like, "you give me dicount?" ...so annoying

*i hate when stuff doesnt scan (which is regularly @ bunnings) and then the customers go, "i guess its free. hahahaha." its so gay. its not funny and gets old SO quick.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Lol Bunnings? Their stuff is already about the cheapest around, and people want it even cheaper? How cheap can ppl get...if those people want to try and get discounts, tell them to fuck off to the markets or somewhere where they can haggle.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Dave85 said:
the asian cusomters are always like, "you give me dicount?" ...so annoying
it's Bing Lee and their "everything's negiotable" tagline i tellsya.

i can give discounts at Myer! who wants discounts?

Dave85

HSC
Frigid said:
it's Bing Lee and their "everything's negiotable" tagline i tellsya.

i can give discounts at Myer! who wants discounts?
yes ur 100% right... this is ALL bing lee's fault.
QUICK! we must find him and murder him... see if he can negoatiate out of that! muhahahahahaha

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i hate being called in for shifts on the days where on my availability it says "unavailable". obviously they cant read.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Dave85 said:
i work @ bunnings warehouse. 2 things that really shit me are:

*ppl that ask for discounts. why the fuck shud i give u a discount? its always asians as well that ask for dicsounts as well as pensioners. the asian cusomters are always like, "you give me dicount?" ...so annoying

*i hate when stuff doesnt scan (which is regularly @ bunnings) and then the customers go, "i guess its free. hahahaha." its so gay. its not funny and gets old SO quick.
I get that all the time! But not only asian customers, a lot of middle eastern ones ask me "If I pay cash..." or "If I buy lots..." if they can have discount.
Refunds customers when they get annoyed when I tell them that they can't get a refund when they don't have a receipt and then get even more pissed off when the stuff that they're returning is on sale.

If they kept their fucking receipt, they wouldn't have that problem would they?

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Know what I hate?!

THOSE FUCKING GREEN BACKS

Fuck they piss me off.
They're so shit. There's nowhere to put them if someone has them, it's a friggin hassle tying to pack into them.
And customers always put them up last (after they've put the groceries on the belt thingy) So I've already put half of their groceries in plastic bags. GET FUCKED!!!

Another thing I'm so fucking sick of is when a family comes through. Like today, there was this woman, her husband and their two kids. Now what shits me is the fact that we have bag racks at the end of each register so that the customer can pack for themselves if they want. What I hate is the fact that the whole fucking family - all 4 of them - expect all 1 of me to do all the fucking packing of their $300 groceries, fuck people are fucking lazy.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
babydoll_ said:
I used to work at my parents' grocery store... ASIAN CUSTOMERS are the worst because they'll be speaking a mile a minute in Vietnamese/Chinese and I'll be like 'wtf, ok here's some rice'...
lmao......

nah but seriouly teh worst customers are the female indians, they are so fucking skint, its fuckin heaps funny, their heads move as u scan the groceries, then they look up at the screen and if its liek 1 cent over and they're all like "no! no! no!" and they stink of B.O, especially the old women.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Katie123 said:
those number systems at the deli can cause a lot of cat fights esp at christmas.; i dont work in that dept but have been past it on the way to the lunch room. I feel sorry for you
how?? if someone has a number before they go before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)