• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Retail Bitcherhood (1 Viewer)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
well, i always bitch on this thread but i have nothing major to report. Just regular stuff that everybody deals with, bludges who always slack off or talk to supervisors and dont have to do any work, shit supervisors, shit customers etc etc

I HAVE NOT YET BEEN MOVED TO COSMETICS COUNTER! *angry sigh*

and ooh im learning to do courtesy desk! Thats so exciting...I acnt wait till i can quit YAY for me

and oooh i booked my p's! i have to seriously practice! im shit!
dont you have to be 18 to work in courtesy desk?? I always through u did :confused:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Argonaut said:
My friends used to get called in to Big W early of a morning or late at night. Both live in nearby towns. This is how the conversation used to go:

Big W: Can you come in today?
Them: What time?
Big W: Start at nine.
Them: I live 45 minutes away. There's no way I'll make it before 9:30.
Big W: ... So can you start at nine

I'm beginning to think the 'W' in 'Big W' stands for 'Wankers' ...
yeah something like that :)

i like half an hour away and they always do that to me

fuckers.

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
Argonaut said:
My friends used to get called in to Big W early of a morning or late at night. Both live in nearby towns. This is how the conversation used to go:

actually my bigw is quite flexible they dont really care what time you can come in as long as you do...

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
muahahaha...as long as ur trained and you know what ur doing our bigw doesnt care...rachel rememebre IM DYING ON REGISTERS!...where exactly do you work? recovery?
I'm on registers now cause i chucked a hissy fit about working recovery and getting home late cause i live so far away and not being able to do homework and stuff....

but now i hate serving smelly annoying customers haha... nah registers is good, i like it :)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
Argonaut said:

and all above relevant posts

I hate when they call early. once i got called at 7:15 and they go can you come in at 8 I'm like no thats too early and too soon . so they go okay what time and i go 9 and they go hmmm okay come in as soon as you can.
they can give me 45 minutes notice but when i have to get out of a shift i have to give them a MINIMUM 4 hours notice and if i am courteous enough to give them a couple of DAYS notice they get all shirty for getting out of a shift. Next time they do i am going to say well i could have called in sick at the last minute and left you in the lurch so dont complain

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
they're sposed to give u an hour or mores notice if you live in town and half an hour more if you live out of town.. then you have 10 minutes either side of the time u were called in to start... so u can still be 10 minutes late if need be...

apparently.. so my ex told me.. hes a manager so he should know

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
i worked today and this lady comes along with her arms ladden with clothing and i was wondering why she didnt put it on the counter. She's like "everything is so dirty around here i dont want to put my clothes down"...

hahahaha obsessive compulsive!!!

hmmm well so much for me being on a contracted 12 hours per week.. last week i got 9 and this week i got no shifts what-so-ever. Nice work by roster makers.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Argonaut said:
I hate Big W checkout operators when it comes to EFTPOS - they feel the need to swipe your card as hard and as fast and as many times as possible in ten seconds. Once is enough, ladies. Keep it up and you'll break my card.
*sniffs* you hate me??

I dont do it heaps fast.. its the impatient customers that do it heaps fast.... Our eftpos machines are absolutely shocking. Never have i seen a machine stuff up so many times in 1 hour than the ones we have at our store. Goodness me they're shocking.
At least im not like some customers who do it so fast their card flies out of their hand and onto a register 3m away :p

waterfowl

HSC
(Myer) I hate the over zealous customers who swipe their card so quickly, they are ready to swipe before you even enter the first item.
Then when it comes time for FlyBuys, the EFTPOS machine says swipe card, so they do it, then the register goes *beep* read error! Then the bloody customer gets annoyed when they have to swipe their card again...geez just be patient, wait until after flybuys, and give me time to press EFTPOS button!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Tenille said:
I got to wear a hair-net and watch training videos today!
hahaha YAY!!!

im anxiously waiting for the day we are allowed to dress up for work again... yay for childrens hospital fundraising days :)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
not retail but whatever.
Customers who whinge about their food when paying their bill AFTER they have eaten pretty much every scrap on their plate. Well if you hated it that much why did you eat it and maybe if you had told us earlier we could let the chef know and they could make you a new one.

Customers who ask for coffee and you ask what kind and they say just a coffee. There are about 7 types of ordinary coffees that we make, not to mention skim/decaf/liquor varieties. How the fuck do you expect me to know what you want.

Customers who whinge to you about the food and when you tell them that you can bring out the manager or chef they say not to worry about it. Its not my fault if the food is shit, and if you can whinge to me why not tell the person who actually has control over it, i just fucken serve it to you, do i look that easy to pick on, if you can fucken have a go at me, you can tell them.

_Bushra_

wtf?!
HSC
Argonaut said:
I hate Big W checkout operators when it comes to EFTPOS - they feel the need to swipe your card as hard and as fast and as many times as possible in ten seconds. Once is enough, ladies. Keep it up and you'll break my card.
whoops! i've actually done that (break someones card that is)! thank god the customer didnt notice...!

_Bushra_

wtf?!
HSC
_muse_ said:
Our eftpos machines are absolutely shocking. Never have i seen a machine stuff up so many times in 1 hour than the ones we have at our store. Goodness me they're shocking...
yeah i totally agree...customers get pissed off, i get pissed off, the supervisors get pissed off...its so gay! Our managers wont even let us put "cash only" signs up. who knows why

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)