• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Retail Bitcherhood (1 Viewer)

Carlito

HSC
biggles04 said:
I've made friends with this old man - I served him the other week for the first time and he like shook my hand and's like
"You're a good lad - I will see around here"

scared. very scared.
There is some old lady who I helped once and now everytime she comes in she asks for me, and ive been told that she phones up and asks if im working that day before she comes in.

Im getting freaked out by it.

is a roflcopter
HSC
*people who dont sign their void totals
*people who do void previous
*people who put random shit into their media bags
*old ass comestics lady who couldnt find her bag yesterday at myer hurstville, yes you old bitch go die

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i am actually happy with my work for a change...w ell for this week only
i have a 6.5hr shift tomorrow from 6:30-1 and then xmas eve i have a 10 hour shift in which half will be served in the seafood dept (though i'm thinking i have never worked in fresh food b4 so it might be a bit tricky when we have all the people who want all those prawns)
for general enquiry- ne woolies ppl know if its public holiday rates on friday or not. its been two years since i worked one

dave_119

Banned
HSC
i think for everyone, it is normal pay on xmas eve, however if u go past midnight, penalty rates apply, im working at a pub, which is expecting 800 ppl, so ill be out at 4 or so, which will see me on $30 an hour after midnight

theone123

blue essence
HSC
acute_angle said:
there's this creepy old man at work who comes in everyday, makes cryptic comments and accuses us of being stupid when we don't understand

and the other day, the hulk tried to grope me

newbie: hahahah shut up, us newbies make mistakes k, i had like 10 void previous on my first day

why do you care anyway? do you do audit or something?

it's nancy btw, new acct :D
babydoll? .

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
oh well its still 9 or so hours of working at 10.xx an hour so its all good.
20.5 hours in the next three days

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
acute_angle said:
*myer one vouchers
what voucher code is that? :p

coles myer (umbrella company) vouchers suck, coz they don't scan, value has to be inputted manually. i had to do $350 in $10 vouchers once. :(

is a roflcopter
HSC
i still havent got my myer one voucher :(

is a roflcopter
HSC
hahaha they put me in homewares on the 27th of decem
fark i have never been on a proper bloody register before :O

Idyll

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
some old people can be soo rude though and think the sun shines out of their arse
i had an old lady try and use her keno card as ID in order to shop on her account. when i told her no, i got this lecture about how she was getting flustered, and it's not good when an old lady gets flusted, lol.

i think she might have been slightly more flustered if she got a bill with thousands of dollars of stuff on it she never bought.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Picture an entire shelf filled to the brim with christmas hams...
'Ah, this ham doesn't have a price on it...'
'Well, I cannot price it myself, but I could get another one for you...'
'No, we want this one.'

After a manager has priced the ham...
'Sorry about that, I did ask whether he would like another ham that did have a price...'
'What an idiot, a shelf full of ham and he happens to want a price for one of the poorest half-legs available. I don't know why they all do that. Is it that hard to pick up an item with a price, let alone one that is worth buying?'

Annoying.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
biggles04 said:
One thing that pisses me off that I've never mentioned

*people who ask if we have flybuys after I have opened my draw and finished the sale.
That happened to me so many times tonight. I'd ask, they'd look around their purse and say "No, don't worry about it". Then at the end of the sale "Oh, here! I found it. Can you put it on please."

NO. FUCK OFF.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
steph@nie said:
That happened to me so many times tonight. I'd ask, they'd look around their purse and say "No, don't worry about it". Then at the end of the sale "Oh, here! I found it. Can you put it on please."

NO. FUCK OFF.
haha repped!

Carlito

HSC
LOL at my store the manager made an announcement telling customers that tonight we were taking 50% off all christmas lights and decorations. Some woman comes up to me and says "Im a linguistics teacher and I was listening very carefuly to the exact words of the previous announcement about taking 50% off the marked price of all Christmas Stock, and the words she said mean that I should get 50% off after I get the 50% off from the signs that is marked on the shelf"

I tried explaining to her that she knew what they meant and that it is half price based on the original price. She started yelling at me and then started yelling at the manager. Her words to the manager [whom she didnt know was the manager] was "Well tell that stupid fool who made the announcement to learn to speak english" to which our manager replied "Hi there!, Im that stupid fool."

stupid fucking bitch of a customer.

Last edited:

elisabeth

HSC
At pharmacy...
- 'Oh, I've been here a couple of years ago, my medicare information is on the system.' We have to ask, it's the law, deal with it.

Fast food...
- Five minutes after ordering 'Oh, actually, could I make that a meal instead of just a burger?'
- Talking on your mobile while I'm trying to take your order
- Bitching about waiting 5 minutes for your food when I've TOLD you we make burgers fresh so it will be 4-5 minutes

Had some stupid cow come in the other day and order 8 meals without taking a breath. When I tried to say it back to her, she changed her mind, rolled her eyes and muttered about incompetance. Got the manager to do it, was a bitch to her as well.

... then half an hour later her adult son comes and says we've 'shortchanged' him a large burger. I'm almost 100% certain we got the order right but even if we didn't - what, it took you HALF AN HOUR to notice?!

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
elisabeth said:
At pharmacy...
- 'Oh, I've been here a couple of years ago, my medicare information is on the system.' We have to ask, it's the law, deal with it.

Fast food...
- Five minutes after ordering 'Oh, actually, could I make that a meal instead of just a burger?'
- Talking on your mobile while I'm trying to take your order
- Bitching about waiting 5 minutes for your food when I've TOLD you we make burgers fresh so it will be 4-5 minutes

Had some stupid cow come in the other day and order 8 meals without taking a breath. When I tried to say it back to her, she changed her mind, rolled her eyes and muttered about incompetance. Got the manager to do it, was a bitch to her as well.

... then half an hour later her adult son comes and says we've 'shortchanged' him a large burger. I'm almost 100% certain we got the order right but even if we didn't - what, it took you HALF AN HOUR to notice?!
Old lady came in the other day said I shortchanged her, I spot balanced my register - went to check in cash office but the bloody system wasn't working properly, so I went out, got her the bloody money - did the checking later in the day - register was spot on. Fucking theif.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
it's fucking stocktake time. 6 days of shit shifts i.e 6am to 3pm and 4pm to 12 pm.

On the other hand.. another public holiday on monday. :)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
biggles04 said:
One thing that pisses me off that I've never mentioned

*people who ask if we have flybuys after I have opened my draw and finished the sale.

The same thing as the cunting lady who paid for a 680 dollar Dvd on her eftpos card, suddenly finds her David Jones card and asks me to put it on that. Fark getting authorisation for a $680 return means I have to find the floor manager who wasn't in that day, so I had to wait to call him in, which took 3 hours, in the meantime the dumb bitch gets snotty at me. I asked her when she was buying if she wanted that on her DJ's card and she just ignored me. Dumbass customers.

I also find the customers who buy a million different things and then ask me to take the price stickers off them, when there are a billion people waiting in the line annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)