Retail Bitcherhood (1 Viewer)

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
I HATE THAT
I work at KFC during the night and BiLo during the day.

KFC is THE WORST
1. because it's at night time when you get all the families and shit
and
2. because it's K-F-C
But, the other day, this costumer came through drive-thru (after the manager had threatened to give me a written warning for "being rude on the speaker") and said "well it's nice to have someone polite on that f****** box"
and then, yesterday, this lovely, lovely, polite lady came through with a lisp and it was really busy and I couldn't understand her on the headset so i told her to drive-thru anyway and then when she got to the window she was talking to me all nice about how people can't understand her sometimes because of the way she talks and I got all caught up in her life and felt really bad, and by then I didn't give a f*** that customers were waiting in drive-thru behind her for 8 minutes, because she made my day and made the whole 'customer service' thing worth it.
I wish every customer was like that :rolleyes:

oolovell

God
HSC
Sorry yet another bitch, This afternoon, after a 8 hours of working and another 7 to go, some fuckhead came up to me with a car battery asking for a discount because it still had some plastic on it from the molding process aswell as some dust, ANYHOW, hes like i wanna discount and im like, i dont see how i can give you a discount dude ( I speak to customers very informally), and hes like, well i want to see a manager, so i got the store manager after being blown off by 3 others and hes like, no! and the fucken customers like, but its got a bit of dust on it and he made up some story about acid, and managers like, go check the price and we'll go from there, 82.87, and he goes, give it to him for 80, than the cunt screamed at us for about half an hour about 3.00 discount, and hes like, your telling me someones going to buy this, someones going to put this into their NEW car, and i go , we'll your about to arent you, and he threw the battery on the gound and walked out

This is the kind of bullshit you have to put up with in the areas between the shire and fucking redfern!

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i used to work in discount store ( thanks got i left).
once 2 ladies came to the store they purchased something, they gave me $20. i gave them change and they are like "excuse me we gave you $50. "you gave me $20 i said. no i gave you $50, give my money back!! two of them started screaming at me. i was by myself at the store so there is no withnesses.(i was a bit freaked out, because you do it automaticaly, i was 95% sure i had to give them $10 change not $30 something.) i called my manager he started to count the register. just before he finished, these 2 be@tches said that they"ll come back, they never did. it turned out that i was right.
i still think they did it on purpose, why not just scream a bit at little 15year old kiddo when no one is around and cash is given to you. cos "customer is allways right".

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I dont serve customers as part of my job anymore (thank fucking god), but having done so in a prior job I know how painful it can be at times, and so as a customer myself I always make an effort to be polite and patient, even if something gets screwed up, knowing how it feels to be on the other side of the counter.

HOWEVER, often I come across rude and unfriendly and unhelpful sales assistants. I'll smile and say hi, and they'll not even bother to look at me, and will just complete the transaction with a scowl fixed on their face. Ok, I know how it is to hate serving customers, but for god's sake, it's not that hard to paint on a smile and feign politeness. These people shouldn't be out serving customers, they should be locked out the back if they hate the world so much.

Sorry, had to have my counter-bitch

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Lundy said:
I dont serve customers as part of my job anymore (thank fucking god), but having done so in a prior job I know how painful it can be at times, and so as a customer myself I always make an effort to be polite and patient, even if something gets screwed up, knowing how it feels to be on the other side of the counter.

HOWEVER, often I come across rude and unfriendly and unhelpful sales assistants. I'll smile and say hi, and they'll not even bother to look at me, and will just complete the transaction with a scowl fixed on their face. Ok, I know how it is to hate serving customers, but for god's sake, it's not that hard to paint on a smile and feign politeness. These people shouldn't be out serving customers, they should be locked out the back if they hate the world so much.

Sorry, had to have my counter-bitch
they should, and get some of the people from the back who like serving customers

Danoz The Great

HSC
Target Port Macq

I hate my managers. They all suck. The really nice ones have all left/not working weekends anymore within the last 6 months, and they were really nice/funny etc. so now works a complete drag and I hate it.

Last edited:

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
my most annoying things, working in retail:

1. when tight ass customers want a further reduction on a pair of jeans reduced from 55 to 15 (!!) because the zip is wonky
2. when tight ass customers endlessly exchange items. i swear they wear them once with the tag on and bring it back.. im not kidding.. i'm REALLY not.
3. skanky 14 year olds trying to steal shit
4. when people demand a refund on a pair of jeans they bought a month ago even though the receipt clearly says, NO REFUND except on faulty goods, NO RETURNS after 10 days.
5. ive noticed some cultures treat sales assistants as though they're servants. like actual slaves. "get this for me", "go get that", "i want that thing she's buying", no pleases or thankyous just total rudeness as if you're a lower life form. this is isolated to a few cultures though, not everyone.
6. when someone takes about 15 garments into the fitting rooms and you serve them for literally like 40 mins running back and forht to get sizes and they dont even buy a 10 buck singlet.. NOTHING.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
OGM SPIN SPIN HI I LOVE YOU

well after working at myer... it isn't too bad; the people are pretty nice in general; christmas cheer i guess.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
the only thing im bitter about is all the standing... my legs hurt!

myer city... my dept is next to an xmas one so i have to wrap up baubles and ornaments all day :/

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
mmm try standing all day and working for a company that insists you wear heels! thank god for cowboy boots being the hip new thing <3
you should come visit me in imperial arcade !!

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
careful what you wear, one time a costumer looked down at my shoes (the were non-tie-up skate shoes) and the stupid fuck said "Can't you tie your laces yet little boy?"

Get fucked, at least I can afford to buy non-supermarket branded products mate.

oolovell

God
HSC
My BigW's pretty big, so if im in a rush and a customer asks for like, directions, i open handedly point and estimate how many isles down to look in, when ive had a mother fucker of a day this is about as friendly as my customer service gets.. I FUCKING HATE when i tell them where to go, and their like, well i dont understand can you walk me own and show me! It only comes from ARAB FEMALES, the look on my face changes from the usual :vcross: to the fucken :mad: and they know it to, then they try and make conversation, DONT FUCKING TALK TO ME SCUMBAG OR I"LL SLASH YOUR THROAT

And you WILL get this mentality after a few months of working at my bigw

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
spin spin sugar said:
mmm try standing all day and working for a company that insists you wear heels! thank god for cowboy boots being the hip new thing <3
you should come visit me in imperial arcade !!
ok maybe i will! what store?

sss: "hi welcome to XXX how may I help you"
bbd: "OGM ITS TEH SPIN SPIN OGM OMG OMG"
sss: "who the fuck are you?"

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
bah i got introuble off a customer once for being "too happy". i had just had a really good weekend and i went to work in a really good mood. everything was going right all the customers were being lovely and i had some really funny conversations with some of them...
next thing i know this old hag comes through my register and is like "god, do you have to be so happy young lady? your making everyone depressed".

gee whizz. can we not make customers happy these days?!?! its not like i was standing there like a clown with a HUGE smile halfway across my face. bah i give up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)