Rewards for topping a subject (1 Viewer)

shantu1992

HSC
回复: Re: Rewards for topping a subject

dp624 said:
Lol sure, it's just bloody hard.

Offtopic: would people prefer a high UAI or a state ranking?
high uai
with a state ranking haha
naahh.. a high uai ayeee
different people have different prefrences

off topic: i know someone who got 99.95 and is doing civil engineering at uni now, like wtf :|

Zephyrio

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: Rewards for topping a subject

shantu1992 said:
high uai
with a state ranking haha
naahh.. a high uai ayeee
different people have different prefrences

off topic: i know someone who got 99.95 and is doing civil engineering at uni now, like wtf :|
Right, so people are meant to choose university courses whose UAI cutoffs align with their own UAI?

adnan91

HSC
well theres heaps of scholarships around. apply to all of them seriously! even if u think u wont get it just do it. plus theres heaps of scholarships in the course u take at uni. consider other uni's aswell

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
There are no scholarships for topping a subject in the HSC...

However, I think there are scholarships available if you top units of study at university...

kony

HSC
the situation here seems to be that the unis just want to squeeze money out of international students and only award scholarships to the very very best.

you need at least 93 english adv to have a chance of 99.95, unfortunately.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Trebla said:
There are no scholarships for topping a subject in the HSC...

However, I think there are scholarships available if you top units of study at university...
yeah, theres like special award stuff for that...usually

anyways, umm i'd probably rather state rank in a subject, unless i actually needed the high UAI for a course i wanted, like if i wanted something with 90UAI to get in, i'd rather just get like 92UAI with a state rank then 98 and nothing i guess

back on topic, to get 99.95 with a high band 5 in english (89), u'd basically need to state rank in all your other subjects

Last edited:

Zephyrio

HSC
kony said:
the situation here seems to be that the unis just want to squeeze money out of international students and only award scholarships to the very very best.

you need at least 93 english adv to have a chance of 99.95, unfortunately.
Some guy, I think his name was John, posted a thread about tutoring. He went to SBHS, and got exceptional results in 4U and chem/phys. 91/100 in advanced English wasn't as good, but his UAI ended up being 99.95. So it is possible with a slightly lower mark in advanced.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Zephyrio said:
Some guy, I think his name was John, posted a thread about tutoring. He went to SBHS, and got exceptional results in 4U and chem/phys. 91/100 in advanced English wasn't as good, but his UAI ended up being 99.95. So it is possible with a slightly lower mark in advanced.
yeah he duxed, if its the guy im thinking about,

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
axlenatore said:
Im sure the main reason namu wants to get a state ranking in maths isnt for the glory, the chicks, the media and increased rep on the streets; no its for the a handshake from someone
yeah, that special handshake from nathan boy will make my day
but seriously, I am not expecting any. I was thinking that I might get it but I am just giving up on it because I don't want to get dissapointed.

dp624: I would rather get a state rank!!!!!!!!!!!!!

because I don't get UAI this year...

dp624

HSC
lol, most people here seem to want both a state rank and a high uai. but a state rank would lead to a higher uai aye? lol. perhaps the question would be this - would you be willing to sacrifice a bit of your uai (but still have it high enough to get into the course you want) to get 1/2/etc state ranks?
I don't know, at the moment I is wanting both. But if I would trade a state rank for every 0.10 UAI points. lawl

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
lol, most people here seem to want both a state rank and a high uai. but a state rank would lead to a higher uai aye? lol. perhaps the question would be this - would you be willing to sacrifice a bit of your uai (but still have it high enough to get into the course you want) to get 1/2/etc state ranks?
I don't know, at the moment I is wanting both. But if I would trade a state rank for every 0.10 UAI points. lawl
lol

Price tag is given below:

5 UAI for 1st state rank in 4 unit maths
3 UAI for 1st state rank in 3 unit maths
and so on...

Zephyrio

HSC
dp624 said:
Really? 0.10 UAI?

Mkay, 100 UAI with no state ranks, as opposed to 99.90 with state rank in something? Interesting.

dp624

HSC
Zephyrio said:
Really? 0.10 UAI?

Mkay, 100 UAI with no state ranks, as opposed to 99.90 with state rank in something? Interesting.
Lol, what's your trade rate? hahah

Zephyrio

HSC
HAHAHAH, I don't know, but probably within the vicinity of 0.05-0.1. Maybe 0.075 each, LOL.

What was your UAI estimate, dp624? I'd imagine it to be around 99.95 hey.

-maddie-

HSC
You should get tutors in your subjects if you are that desperate to get a scholarship. It has certianly helped me.

dp624

HSC
Zephyrio said:
HAHAHAH, I don't know, but probably within the vicinity of 0.05-0.1. Maybe 0.075 each, LOL.

What was your UAI estimate, dp624? I'd imagine it to be around 99.95 hey.
Yea Ruse gave me 99.95. But ruse is kinda retarded in the way that they give estimates. You know how last year the cutoff for 100 was 485? Well they estimated 488 for me @ trials. But they didn't give me that 100. Perhaps a way of making me feel unconfident and stuff. Lawl. But the two people who beat me in trial got the 100s.
Man i wanted that 100 estimate to put on my scholarship apps. But whatever. lol

Zephyrio

HSC
dp624 said:
Yea Ruse gave me 99.95. But ruse is kinda retarded in the way that they give estimates. You know how last year the cutoff for 100 was 485? Well they estimated 488 for me @ trials. But they didn't give me that 100. Perhaps a way of making me feel unconfident and stuff. Lawl. But the two people who beat me in trial got the 100s.
Man i wanted that 100 estimate to put on my scholarship apps. But whatever. lol
So you came third in your grade overall? Impressive. I'm sure that'll equate to 100. If not, 99.95, and ohnoez, endoftheworld. :)

dp624

HSC
Zephyrio said:
So you came third in your grade overall? Impressive. I'm sure that'll equate to 100. If not, 99.95, and ohnoez, endoftheworld. :)
3rd in grade for trials, we don't get overall stuff. Lawl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)