Rewards from parents (1 Viewer)

bikinigal

HSC
N/A
May I ask, which course/program, it is?
Bachelor of Digital Media @ COFA UNSW (last year's cut-off was something like 86.3 so we know he'll get in easily; it would be nice for him to go in as a COFA scholar though & have a mentor as they get to do extended stuff. Existing UGs have to score a High Distinction WAM across an entire year to receive the award).

Last edited:

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Bachelor of Digital Media @ COFA UNSW (last year's cut-off was something like 86.3 so we know he'll get in easily; it would be nice for him to go in as a COFA scholar though & have a mentor as they get to do extended stuff. Existing UGs have to score a High Disdtinction WAM across an entire year to receive the award).
Good luck to him. :)

justin bobby

HSC
some shitcunt dumb correspondence far away forbes country fuck said:
incorrect i am pretty smart i have just been worn down over time by spastic cunts like yourself to the point of apathy
i no longer care enough to put effort into ncap posts its really sad actually
but please, continue being so utterly shit so you can completely destroy ncap to the point where no one bothers to post in there
mum is giving me 12 months of free passes where i can bring girls back home and into my room without leaving the door open

1981Grant

HSC
I will most likely be getting low nineties, I have never been bought anything for doing well in school and now that I've finished I'm expected to pretty much get a job before uni and make enough money to survive. I don't dislike my parents for it.

bikinigal

HSC
N/A
I used to surf - hence the username (I use it for everything and picked it about 12 years ago when names like "surfchick" etc were already taken). BTW: I haven't been seen in a bikini for quite some time - growing older sucks, but don't laugh as it will (as sure as there is a tomorrow) happen to you too you poor sod. I remember being 18 like it was yesterday - I still have to do a double take when I look in the mirror: age is a state of mind - ALWAYS remember that !! :)

bikinigal

HSC
N/A
how old are you now?
Too bloody old!!! I was born in 1960, sat the HSC in 1977 (100% exam in those days), met my husband in 1978, was a radical & activist in the late 70's & 80's including being a regular patron of punk gigs & demos, travelled through Africa in a Land Rover in the late 80s then became a mum in 1991. At this point you can almost hear the breaks screech on... Have a great life before you have kids. They are wonderful and mark a different stage in your life but they force you to grow up and act responsibly (at least if you want to be a good parent). At least we introduced ours to way more radical comedy & music than any of their friends were exposed to... and we are all good friends who have fun & respect one another.

Sorry for the life history but I just couldn't type "51" .. yuk!!! :(

Last edited:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
My parents have never ever rewarded for good marks in stuff- they've never pushed us kids to do anything and the sense of fulfillment we get from achieving something for ourselves should be enough.

Case in point, there was a 47 ATAR point difference between my siblings and they were equally happy and proud of them both. No "rewards" for either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)