Right now, who would you vote for? (1 Viewer)

What political party would you vote for right now?

• Total voters

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Trefoil said:
If Liberal isn't winning right now, then there hope in the future will only diminsh due to the youth vote.

If Labour screws up, there will be a rebound effect somewhere along the line, but I don't think it'll be any time soon. Unless voters are stupid enough to blame Rudd for America's recession. Which wouldn't surprise me.
Trefoil I respect your posts but it is LABOR for heavens sake.

Last edited:

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
poWerdrY said:
what are you smoking? all those dumb shits out there are fricken licking up every bs rudd spouts. all of his symbolic gestures are doing wonders for his pr. he's fricken populist policies are giving him the highest approval ratings of any prime minister.
Bs. Kevin Rudd is awesome. He is the apolitical technocrat, the modern man.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
turnbull will smoke rudd.
don't know how they elected nelson in the first place, he's a political deadshit.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
That was the point. He was the post-election-defeat fall guy.

He knew it, we knew it, everyone knew it.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
So THAT's why he won the ballot so convincingly...

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
poWerdrY said:
liberals will have to change.
Yep. They'll have to drift back to the centre right where they used to be. Good.

btw, is it just me, or does malcolm seem less conservative and right winged then krudd?
I kind of noticed that. We'll see. I think Rudd is not so much more economically right-wing as more socially authoritarian right-wing. That's not a good thing. We have 3 more years to find out.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
poWerdrY said:
what are you smoking? all those dumb shits out there are fricken licking up every bs rudd spouts. all of his symbolic gestures are doing wonders for his pr. he's fricken populist policies are giving him the highest approval ratings of any prime minister.
Rudd's honeymoon is long over so you probably haven't been watching the news?

His speech to the UN was near pointless and not well attended - thus why not much was mentioned in Australian media. He did not meet anyone of significant importance.

His symbolic gestures have furthered no more, his policies have been reached only through symbolism - people are getting tired of that too.

His preferred PM ratings were affected by Malcom Turnbull for the opposition.

His constant travels abroad are costly to the Australian public and without much fruition.

I have seen his popularity amongst those who voted for him drop.

"Don''t blame me I voted LIBERAL" lol.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
JaredR said:

His speech to the UN was near pointless and not well attended - thus why not much was mentioned in Australian media. He did not meet anyone of significant importance.

His symbolic gestures have furthered no more, his policies have been reached only through symbolism - people are getting tired of that too.

His constant travels abroad are costly to the Australian public and without much fruition.

Do you have some approval rating polls to back that up or is it just weasel words and empty rhetoric?

Lentern

HSC
JaredR said:

You can't honestly be that silly. With absolute confidence I would say the next election will be an easy win for Rudd and that Mr Turnbull will never ever be prime minister. I reckon Rudd will probably win in 2013 as well, and before you play the partisan card, if Turnbull is leader at the next election which he probably won't be, I will probably be preferencing coalition over labor. Elections are all about timing, traits of party leaders are adored when they're new and loathed as they get older. Rudd may not remain the most popular figure in the history of Australian politics for the duration of his term, but if you think a vast majority approve of what he is doing so far then your quackers.

Lentern

HSC
Trefoil said:
Do you have some approval rating polls to back that up or is it just weasel words and empty rhetoric?
Approval ratings are the most meaningless, useless poll the major pollsters do. Look at voting intentions, look at prefered prime minister, look at whom appears the most competent at managing foreign affairs and the economy(generally you give the incumbent a five point headstart on those though because of the better the devil you know factor), in that order, if it still looks like it could go anyway, like say in 1990, then look at approval ratings. Howard between 1997 and 2002 only spent about 6 months total with a positive net approval rating and won two elections in that time. Beazley outperformed Latham in both the elctions he conteded compared to 03 yet Latham was the one that enjoyed the approval ratings all the time not Bomber.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Rafy said:
2PP from the primaries is 53-47 in the Liberals favour.

~20% of Greens preferences flow to the Libs
I see you have a firm grasp of how the words majority works.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Lentern said:
You can't honestly be that silly. With absolute confidence I would say the next election will be an easy win for Rudd and that Mr Turnbull will never ever be prime minister. I reckon Rudd will probably win in 2013 as well, and before you play the partisan card, if Turnbull is leader at the next election which he probably won't be, I will probably be preferencing coalition over labor. Elections are all about timing, traits of party leaders are adored when they're new and loathed as they get older. Rudd may not remain the most popular figure in the history of Australian politics for the duration of his term, but if you think a vast majority approve of what he is doing so far then your quackers.
gimme gimme lottery numbers PLEASEEEEE

impervious182

HSC
Captain Hero said:
Thanks for your valuable insight, Fuhrer.
I didn't say there should be no other parties, just that the crap ones are a waste. (e.g. the Greens under Bob Brown) What's totalitarian about that?

Also, there's an umlaut of the u in Fuehrer... (denoted here by an e after the u)

SpoonSamba

HSC
labor

i think ruddy's doing a good job

and turnbull makes me wanna throw up

HonestJohn

HSC
Which idiots are voting for the Greens, they can barely manage trees let alone a failing world economy and as for voting Liberal on federal level, Labor is managing the economy quite well, in comparison to America we still have a lot of potential, and our banks are secure, fundamnetally however, the countries economic security lies in the banking system, through our strong government legislation, sub-prime markets were limited and our interest rates are higher, giving more room to move, we also run our budget on a surplus, apart from my ranting, I think both Labor and dare I say Liberal are equal in the managing of the economy. Just be glad that this crash didn't happen a year ago all everyone would have ate sugar out of John Howard's hands about him being the only one who could manage the economy, and we would of been stuck with him for another term.

Overall what I am trying to say is why vote for the Greens, carbon credits and green power and clean coal mean stuff all in a recession, think of a party that thinks beyond the trees.

Also I wasn't sure wether I should vote for Labour or other because I couldn't see the Labor party anywhere in the poll. ;-)

Last edited:

U.S.A

Banned
HSC
oi putin. we beat you in cold war. suck shit, only if we bombarded you commies back to the stone age....that wouldve proved to the world we are the soul super power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)