Rudd v Binge Drinking (1 Viewer)

The Grim Raper

HSC
Re: who IS responsible for teenage binge drinking?

Schroedinger said:
Yeah bro those vodka-n-milk drinks for kids are unfuckinreal.
Olg Gregg says Baileys is good for you.

The only person who is 'responsible' for binge drinking is the person who decided to try alchohol as a drink. The same way God is responsible for fatties because he invented food.

People are perfectly able to decide for themselves how much to drink. They know how bad it is for them. 2 standard drinks a day gives you 80% moar chance of getting cancer of the throate. It is a consistent fact of the universe that fun things destroy you. The idea that we should be protected from something we can decide for ourselves is stupid. People who believe in censorship and forced safety should be locked in a steel box for their entire life and sustained by V8 vegtable juice & baked beans. Then they can live safely.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Forget alcopops, we want the hard stuff

THE alcopops tax has driven drinkers to the bottle - of full-strength spirits, a liquor industry survey of alcohol sales has found.

The 70 per cent excise increase designed to discourage young people from turning into binge drinkers has cut sales of ready-to-drink alcopop products sharply, but fuelled a rise in sales of bottles and hip flasks of the real thing.

The industry says the net result is that sales of alcohol by volume may even have increased - an outcome that would contradict a Treasury forecast.

The Distilled Spirits Industry Council of Australia commissioned Nielsen ScanTrak to conduct a survey, which found that in the fortnight after the tax rise on April 27, sales of alcopops plunged by 38 per cent.

But sales of 700ml bottles of spirits rose by 21 per cent.

The survey did not measure sales of larger bottles of spirits, or lower-taxed beer and wine.

A spokesman for the council, Stephen Riden, said that when these were accounted for, "it is likely that the total volume of alcohol purchases in this period has actually risen".

The finding was "the first hard and unequivocal evidence of the unintended social and health consequences of the Government's RTD take hike", he said.
[...]

iwannarock

HSC
Exphate said:
Wow, there are people out there using their brains.
not really.

people are still buying bottles of jim beam and cola and smirnoff etc.

i'm this close to saying........look.......idiots..........for half the price i can put a shot of jim beam in a small glass and fill it with post mix coke.

but whatever........if they're stupid enough to be paying $9 plus for one shitty drink well good for them i will continue to crack out the RTD's.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
Pro Tip: Stop drinking alcohol you pack of retards. It tastes like shit and you look like an idiot.
Pro tip: stop being a Muslim and drink alcohol, because you sound like preaching 12 year old.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
This is a stupid argument. Obviously plenty of people like the tastes and plenty more people drink to get buzzed.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
^ I'm not a Muslim. Alcohol tastes like crap and I don't see why people drink it.
Fair enough. Though I think mushrooms taste like crap and I don't see why people eat them.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
Alcohol tastes like crap and I don't see why people drink it.
Alcohol doesn't taste like crap... although I do find wine fairly unpleasant.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Exactly. It's like eating boiled slugs. If I wanted to do that I'd move to France.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Mushrooms are nice. Alcohol tastes like the contents of a cat's bladder mixed with sandpaper and penis.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
omgg, i hate mushrooms too :D

I hate eating pizza with my friends, because its so embarassing picking all the mushrooms out infront of everyone :eek:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lie. Taste is universal.
Wine is exquisite

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
White wine is ace!

Red wine is shit, and doesn't even have the decency to mix well with OJ. And the hangovers!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I lived off sham pagan and passion pop at uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)