Rudd's $10.4bn cash giveaway (1 Viewer)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
jb_nc said:
Yes, working hard and looking out for one's self is very selfish.
It can be, yes.
In a society you have to look out for everyone. If you witness a crime for instance, you're obligated to report it. If everybody only looked out for themselves, society would fail.

That's also why Rudd has taken moves to stop executives doing that.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/10/15/2392196.htm?section=australia

Lots of good politics are coming out of the Labor party as of late. Not only is Rudd and his government taking moves to weather out the storm, he's leading the way to a global solution.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Hollieee said:
I actually don't see what that has to do with anything. I know we live in one of the best countries, and I definately wasn't arguing that we didn't?

Our generation is so freaking selfish =)
Yeah caring about property and wanting people to keep the money that they've rightfully earned is really selfish isn't it. Wanting to not rip people off because scumbags rort the system is really selfish isn't it.

Why don't we just get rid of money altogether and let people buy things with feelings, omg that'd be great I'd buy failure futures because we all know which direction the fucking market would go in.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Captain Hero said:
Yeah caring about property and wanting people to keep the money that they've rightfully earned is really selfish isn't it. Wanting to not rip people off because scumbags rort the system is really selfish isn't it.

Why don't we just get rid of money altogether and let people buy things with feelings, omg that'd be great I'd buy failure futures because we all know which direction the fucking market would go in.
I don't know what the HELL you're on about. It sounds like you're implying me and my family are some sort of scumbags trying to 'rort the system'?
Not everyone on government benefits wants to be on them, sometimes there's no choice. Not everyone is 10 year old Mt Druitt slut wanting to have a kid sheerly for the baby bonus.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
It can be, yes.
In a society you have to look out for everyone. If you witness a crime for instance, you're obligated to report it. If everybody only looked out for themselves, society would fail.

That's also why Rudd has taken moves to stop executives doing that.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/10/15/2392196.htm?section=australia

Lots of good politics are coming out of the Labor party as of late. Not only is Rudd and his government taking moves to weather out the storm, he's leading the way to a global solution.
It is not my job to care about some girl's sob story on the internet and how she thinks the government let her down instead of her own parents being irresponsible for not ensuring they took the proper steps to safeguard their standard of living.

I guarantee you the shareholders of a company and the market can set executives pay levels at the rates they deserve rather than by interference by a boring moralising man.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Captain Hero said:

Your statement that people are receiving benefits to wrought the system is a disgusting distortion of the truth. In most cases people who are receiving benefits are either too ill, too old, or incapable of finding, or doing work.

A good solution to this problem would be creating more jobs from the government where unemployed people physically and mentally capable of work, can work (at minimum wage - which is still alot better than what people get from benefits) till they can find antoher job.

There are many manufacturing type jobs which the government could sponsor, and once and for all put an end to the derogatory comments made by people such as yourself on this issue.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
sam04u said:
Your statement that people are receiving benefits to wrought the system is a disgusting distortion of the truth. In most cases people who are receiving benefits are either too ill, too old, or incapable of finding, or doing work.

A good solution to this problem would be creating more jobs from the government where unemployed people physically and mentally capable of work, can work (at minimum wage - which is still alot better than what people get from benefits) till they can find antoher job.

There are many manufacturing type jobs which the government could sponsor, and once and for all put an end to the derogatory comments made by people such as yourself on this issue.
+1

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
sam04u said:

Yes, allocating resources which are limited to ensure disabled people can feel good about themselves is a wonderful thought.

However, that is why transfer payments exist.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
slickstar_01 said:
sam04u dude, you deluding yourself to wish the government should do X Y and Z.
Have you ever applied for unemployment benefits? The government spends millions of dollars "ensuring" people look for work. So the government pays for these things called "employment agencies", and if you just look at the amount of government sponsored jobs are in that place, you could see the absolute waste it is.

On any given day 250 or so people attend these employment agencies (of which there are hundreds with atleast 15 people employed in each), and by the end of the day, 250 people go home without a job. It doesn't work! If my proposal were to be followed, it would abolish all these USELESS employment agencies that the government pays for, and instead put that money into productive manufacturing type jobs, which will give these people money and will pay for itself with the goods manufactured.

It's a win-win situation.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Feel good about themselves? WHAT? It's money to survive you moron. They get an absolute pittance on the pensions as it is, barely enough for food and medical bills, yet you think they get it sheerly to 'feel good'? They get it because they actually cannot work- they'd get more money working at bloody Maccas a day a week. And it's pretty damn hard to qualify for disability pensions, I might add. You don't just get it cause you're a lazy piece of shit who can't be bothered to work because of a sore hand or something. I don't know how you've managed to get such a gross misconception of the situation but wow. You're so wrong.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
jb_nc said:
Yes, allocating resources which are limited to ensure disabled people can feel good about themselves is a wonderful thought.

However, that is why transfer payments exist.
You sir, are a retard.
We already waste alot of money in government sponsored employment agencies which don't work, don't produce jobs, and don't solve the problems of unemployment or people claiming unemployed when they are capable of work (which damages the welfare system's reputability, and the recipients own financial situation).

The "dole" really sucks.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
Have you ever applied for unemployment benefits? The government spends millions of dollars "ensuring" people look for work. So the government pays for these things called "employment agencies", and if you just look at the amount of government sponsored jobs are in that place, you could see the absolute waste it is.

On any given day 250 or so people attend these employment agencies (of which there are hundreds with atleast 15 people employed in each), and by the end of the day, 250 people go home without a job.
Whoa, let me stop you there Che. There is a dearth of jobs available in Australia at the moment in almost every damn field. JobNetwork members and labour agencies have their phones running off the hook with job offers and the like (Yes, even in this economic downturn).

That job agency has over 2,000 jobs, I guarantee you. The people that walk home without a job simply don't want one and thus fudge the numbers to not have to pick one up.

Also, isn't the situation above what disability insurance is for? I'm fairly certain the payment levels on disability insurance, per week are far more income than the disabled pension.

Food for thought.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
You sir, are a retard.
We already waste alot of money in government sponsored employment agencies which don't work, don't produce jobs, and don't solve the problems of unemployment or people claiming unemployed when they are capable of work (which damages the welfare system's reputability, and the recipients own financial situation).

The "dole" really sucks.
I'm sure the government sponsoring jobs randomly (like what, making licence plates) won't squander money either.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Captain Hero said:
That job agency has over 2,000 jobs, I guarantee you. The people that walk home without a job simply don't want one and thus fudge the numbers to not have to pick one up.
Just quickly, a lot of jobs are on hold at the moment, and it's all through the media that if you have a job right now, hold on to it.

On top of that, yeah, you're right. There are people that are your typical dole bludgers and are not even attempting to get a job when they're certainly capable of one. They should probably be taken out and shot. But you should be a little more lenient in regards to people who are actually incapable of work. It's not their fault and they certainly can't help it. I for one think that'd be frustrating as all hell, wanting to be able to actually earn a decent amount of money instead of surviving on nothing. Just as an example, my mum. She could probably have a full disability pension to say she doesn't have to work at all, but its such a pathetic amount that she more or less has to, so she does, and its an incredible physical struggle for her. She can't actually work normal hours though, but thats a whole separate issue. And you know what? I see her frustration with herself, she's always been a dedicated and hard worker, and to now be unable to work like that, it's really tough on her, and I imagine there are others out there just like that.

Not everyone on a pension is a lazy fuck who is trying to avoid work.

EDIT; having said that, I'm off to bed. Nighty night.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Captain Hero said:
2,000 jobs? Oh wow.
How many unemployed people are there again? Honestly, your ignorance on this issue is astounding.

I'm sure the government sponsoring jobs randomly (like what, making licence plates) won't squander money either.
I'm suggesting that so long as it pays for itself, it works. And it also ends unemployment scamming. What they manufacture is totally up in the air. It's not like we're a technologically deficient nation. We know how to make just about everything, pehaps one of the many brilliant minds we have in this country can come up with something to manufacture, that would pay for itself and the wages of the workers. (which is not exactly a hard thing to do.)

At the end of the day it benefits everybody. It also stops people like you from bitching at people incapable of work and slandering them as scammers or thiefs (ofcourse not in those words).

Last edited:

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
2,000 jobs? Oh wow.
How many unemployed people are there again? Honestly, your ignorance on this issue is astounding.
Holy fuck, Sam. Even for you this is beyond retarded. We're talking on average 2,000 jobs per job centre. How do I know this? Because I'm working on a project to implement a new job management system for the jobcentre network and I've seen how many damn jobs they have on the cards.

Do you also know why even though we're at 5% unemployment that's basically considered full employment?

You're like Wayne Swan, you've got no fucking idea what a NAIRU is. Learn some goddamn simple economics, wash your brain out of this utterly idiotic everyone holding hands and being allocated scythes by the central authorities along with one am radio per year and learn that your ignorance isn't an excuse for not knowing the facts.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
I can imagine all the dole bludgers (long term unemployed/lazy cunts) trying to enrol for full time courses, just to be eligible for youth allowance and get this money.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Captain Hero said:
We're talking on average 2,000 jobs per job centre. How do I know this? Because I'm working on a project to implement a new job management system for the jobcentre network and I've seen how many damn jobs they have on the cards.
Oh really? Tell us more about this project.

Learn some goddamn simple economics, wash your brain out of this utterly idiotic everyone holding hands and being allocated scythes by the central authorities along with one am radio per year and learn that your ignorance isn't an excuse for not knowing the facts.
No, lets just slander people who are incapable of work while we're rolling around in money with our top hats and monocles on. Seriously, quit being an "elitist fucktard".

Edit:
It's no surprise to see your avatar is of Sarah Palin, squinting, almost as if to hold a monocle in place.

Last edited:

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
Oh really? Tell us more about this project.
Let's not and say we did.

No, lets just slander people who are incapble of work while we're rolling around in money with our top hats and monocles on. Seriously, quit being an "elitist fucktard".
You seem to have this idealised version of transfer payments. Why don't we just make insurance mandatory instead? Oh wait, that's because it'd be the smarter option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)