Rudd's $10.4bn cash giveaway (1 Viewer)

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
MissSarajevo said:
disgusting. I despise this government and the people who receive handouts from government, i hope they all get cancer and die a painful death. lazy bastards scums.
First of all, I hope you get cancer and die a painful, slow death, you nasty little girl.

Secondly, you try having a mother with some rare ass type of cancer that has completely messed with her internal organs and consequently sleeping patterns and overall health, making it damn near impossible to work (which she does anyway cause we need the money), a father who lost his business partially due to said cancer and accompanying expenses and whatnot. So he is now technically her 'carer', and the money they get for that is nowhere near enough money to cover doctors and treatment and whatnot. THEN her father goes and has this massive stroke and probably should have died, but seeing as he was on his own and there was no one else to look after him, we had too. He's in a nursing home, but someone still needs to buy him clothes and toiletries and whatnot- how is a struggling family supposed to accomodate that?

Sometimes it has absolutely nothing to do with lazy and everything to do with some pretty shit circumstances.

Besides, aged pension barely covers anything.

I don't know about you guys, but I know a lot of pensioners/carers/families are appreciating this, especially around chistmas time. It means they might be able to get their kids presents whereas before they probably couldn't afford it.

I'm no fan of the Rudd government, but I'm not really seeing a problem with this. I'm presently only seeing the benefits. And the only ones whinging are the ones not getting anything, and the only reason they're not getting anything is because they probably don't NEED it.

More or less, stfu, kay? =)

shakky15

HSC
Hollieee said:
First of all, I hope you get cancer and die a painful, slow death, you nasty little girl.

Secondly, you try having a mother with some rare ass type of cancer that has completely messed with her internal organs and consequently sleeping patterns and overall health, making it damn near impossible to work (which she does anyway cause we need the money), a father who lost his business partially due to said cancer and accompanying expenses and whatnot. So he is now technically her 'carer', and the money they get for that is nowhere near enough money to cover doctors and treatment and whatnot. THEN her father goes and has this massive stroke and probably should have died, but seeing as he was on his own and there was no one else to look after him, we had too. He's in a nursing home, but someone still needs to buy him clothes and toiletries and whatnot- how is a struggling family supposed to accomodate that?

Sometimes it has absolutely nothing to do with lazy and everything to do with some pretty shit circumstances.

I don't know about you guys, but I know a lot of pensioners/carers/families are appreciating this, especially around chistmas time. It means they might be able to get their kids presents whereas before they probably couldn't afford it.

I'm no fan of the Rudd government, but I'm not really seeing a problem with this. I'm presently only seeing the benefits. And the only ones whinging are the ones not getting anything, and the only reason they're not getting anything is because they probably don't NEED it.

+1

i personally havent seen/been affected by anything as bad as you have, and probably wont get much out of Rudds giveaway, but i can see that many people actually do need this money and all you elitist snobs who would probably throw the thousand or so dollars onto leather seats for your new merc if you got it should stfu. im sure that most rich people work hard, but there are a lot of people out there (esp. labourers) who are on the minimum wage but probably do a shit load more than your executive parents. And you might say 'oh but thats coz my paernts got an education'... well they should count themselves lucky that they got the opportunity.

someone made a good comment about the fact that charities could use the money better. I mostly agree with this, but i think that it should replace that home buyers grant increase. The grant will only make people over commit because they can now get a more expensive house, and thats gonna have ramifications down the track.

i also think that spending on infrastructure would have been better, as that would make more jobs, counteracting the inevitable rise in unemployment and injecting into the economy while it is in bad shape. This is the BEST time to be investing in infrastructure projects.

finally, this rubbish that it was howard who saved this money for it to be spent now.

If china didnt start to need our commodities we would be fucked up the ass with our reliance on agricultural exports. Howard got lucky - he was in power durin one of the best economic periods the world has seen. Not keatings and rudds fault that they got in when there was a GLOBAL recession

ffs if howard was in power right NOW i think he woulda done a similar thing, and in fact he decided last year to delievr an expansionary budget coz it was a election year, when it was economically prudent to raise taxes and lower spending.

/rant

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
I'd just like to add that she must have no idea how humiliating it is to have to rely so heavily on government handouts. Really freaking embarrassing. But what else is there to do?

Stop being so critical of everyone and their reasons for being on pensions. Some people are lazy asses, this is true. But the majority I know are on it because they have no other choice and are out of options. Geez.

zstar

HSC
N/A
There is no real underlying fundamental difference between Labour and Liberal.

You will never see a real policy shift, Both sides play "good cop", "bad cop" during election time.

In fact you might as well merge the 2 parties together and it wouldn't make a whole lot of difference.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
staticsiscool said:
hahaha katie gets nothing. parents will get a bit though? pay off my gambling debts. also fuck the rta in their fucking arse those cunts have so much money they dont know what to do with it nor do they care. and i'll gladly stab and rta cunt who tells me otherwise. local gov needs to money for the infrastuctures of the local roads and water and shit. that would more evenly distribute the moneys. bring back r2r fags.
nah theyre like

lolomg mark go and get youth allowance you unemployable fuck so that u get a cash monies bonus
or something

stingy fucking bitch on 100k

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Hollieee said:

Shit happens. Bad shit happens to good people all the time. Why is it my concern?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Captain Hero said:
Shit happens. Bad shit happens to good people all the time. Why is it my concern?
Dude, she's been sexually molested, her mum has some psychotic cancer and they live off welfare.

The only thing that can go wrong now is that her dog will get run over by a drunk driver.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Captain Hero said:
I didn't say it was your concern.

I don't get why its so hard to try to see things from other people's perspectives sometimes.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
katie tully said:
Dude, she's been sexually molested, her mum has some psychotic cancer and they live off welfare.

The only thing that can go wrong now is that her dog will get run over by a drunk driver.
Oh for heaven's sake, shut up.

HSC
The problem with government donations to charities is deciding which charities deserve the money more, which charities will be the ones to inject the money into the economy (in addition, is it fair to exclude a charity just because it won't be injecting as much money into the economy or if it gives aid overseas).

Its the responsibility of the people to give money to charities, IMO. Not enough people do it, but if everyone just donated just $1 whenever they saw a collecting box for a charity all of the charities would be way better off than they currently are.

I would like to repeat that inflation is not a problem. Giving money would have fueled inflation just a few weeks ago, but the conditions have changed and the giveaway has gained bipartisan support with barely any criticisms.

I believe that the first home buyer money is necessary - it gives those just starting out in life just a little bit of extra help in finding a dwelling and not starving because of it. Sure, it'll drive the prices of houses up SLIGHTLY, but not enough to make any noticeable difference. I'm sure those that are not buying their first home can handle an extra $50 or so for the sake of those just starting out.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Hollieee said:

What book was that from?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Hollieee said:

Why should we care and why isn't you parents fault for ensuring you had the relevant personal insurances so your family didn't have to suffer?

aussie-boy

HSC
HisNameIsChris said:
I believe that the first home buyer money is necessary - it gives those just starting out in life just a little bit of extra help in finding a dwelling and not starving because of it. Sure, it'll drive the prices of houses up SLIGHTLY, but not enough to make any noticeable difference. I'm sure those that are not buying their first home can handle an extra $50 or so for the sake of those just starting out.
you should read withoutface's criticism of FHOG on page 4... its really convincing

in a nutshell, you pay 10% deposit on a house - so if you get another $7000 for your deposit, the price has just risen by $70,000 (not slight at all)

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
jb_nc said:
Why should we care and why isn't you parents fault for ensuring you had the relevant personal insurances so your family didn't have to suffer?
Aha, people are so heartless.
I'm beginning to be less and less shocked by people on here.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Why don't you try to see it from our perspective: I.E we don't give a shit about your life so stop whining you live in one of the best countries in the world.

Love it or leave it, I say

Hollieee said:
I didn't say it was your concern.

I don't get why its so hard to try to see things from other people's perspectives sometimes.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
I actually don't see what that has to do with anything. I know we live in one of the best countries, and I definately wasn't arguing that we didn't?

Our generation is so freaking selfish =)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Hollieee said:
I actually don't see what that has to do with anything. I know we live in one of the best countries, and I definately wasn't arguing that we didn't?

Our generation is so freaking selfish =)
Yes, working hard and looking out for one's self is very selfish.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
No, not giving a shit about anyone but yourself is selfish. No problem whatsoever with working hard, and I have every intention to do it myself.
I don't understand where you pulled that one from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)