Rudd's $10.4bn cash giveaway (1 Viewer)

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
What is wrong with this??

We are all getting some extra cash!! Better than no giveaway at all guys....

Azurie

HSC
milocole said:

We all? umm sorry but its not all of us,

zstar

HSC
N/A

This so called "free money" came from somebodies pocket and to do this they had to create inflation which devalues money.

Last edited:

aussie-boy

HSC
milocole said:

this is going to sound really elitist, but...

so my parents work their asses off everyday so that you can get "free" money?

progressive taxation thats budgeted and well thought out? fine
random cash "giveaways" to people who really don't deserve it anymore than i do? robbery

Garygaz

HSC
Unemployment is going to rise and economic growth is going to slow, hence these cash hand outs will not be enough to counteract both of the said problems. Hence, no added inflation.

Garygaz

HSC
aussie-boy said:

random cash "giveaways" to people who really don't deserve it anymore than i do? robbery
Giving money to pensioners and carers isn't random cash give aways. It was conceded by both sides of parliament that the aged pension some pensioners was too little and BOTH agreed it needed to be raised. So yes, you do sound elitist.

ASNSWR127

HSC
aussie-boy said:

Shutup dickhead

Its part of belonging to a society

Go and live on an island

HSC
Let me remind everyone that this is exactly the same thing that the previous government has been doing (especially right before each of the later elections).

That said, I agree with most of what has been said. In Rudd's defence, with the uncertainty of it all some instant economic stimulation was needed in order to act as a safety net to guard against further shocks to the world economy. The Liberal Party themselves have nothing bad to say about this from what I've seen.

I can see the lack of fairness for those who work hard and see their money unfairly given away, but I think it was at least a little worth it to guard against the greater damage of a huge recession - whereas building infrastructure would take months to put into action a handout stimulates the economy almost instantaneously. Inflation won't be a problem as long as the RBA continues to do its job well.

Last edited:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Oh wow, this is an idea even better than the one I had came up with, amongst family and friends.

In our government: Great minds.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Captain Hero said:
Why? Hey guys for no particular reason here's a bunch of money that you don't need because our financial sector is sound and your money is safe.

Hey guys

it's your CHRISTMAS PRESENT from the government!
And it is!
You see it'll work to stimulate the economy as is neccessary. (You tell me if you can find a greater stimulant which spans to all sectors for the amount being given away), and it also does come in a time when some families could use it most. Christmas time.

So heck yeah - Merry Christmas to all.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If you wish to encourage spending, you reduce the size of the surplus through tax cuts. If you wish to be a spacktard populist you hand out free money.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Just build a railroad to Uluru, not this shit.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
sam04u said:
Oh wow, this is an idea even better than the one I had came up with, amongst family and friends.

In our government: Great minds.
Great minds think alike, but all shit floats to the top.

MissSarajevo

HSC
Garygaz said:
Giving money to pensioners and carers isn't random cash give aways. It was conceded by both sides of parliament that the aged pension some pensioners was too little and BOTH agreed it needed to be raised. So yes, you do sound elitist.
It is, most of those pensioners refused to save their money during their working life or refused to work at all and now relying on the government handouts for their survival. Such a shame. Even 3rd world asian poor trash countries have more self respect than that.

HSC
MissSarajevo said:
It is, most of those pensioners refused to save their money during their working life or refused to work at all and now relying on the government handouts for their survival. Such a shame. Even 3rd world asian poor trash countries have more self respect than that.
I agree with you 95% on that one. The point is that despite the unfairness of it all, handing out money to pensioners and middle-low income earners means that it will definitely be injected into the economy quickly (seeing as they have no savings).

Unfair and irresponsible thing to do with tax payer's money, but right thing to do when it comes to the economy (that's just my opinion, though).

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
yeah "injected into the economy" by going straight back into the poker machines...

Garygaz

HSC
MissSarajevo said:
While that's true, I can assure you a massive amount of our generation would be in the same boat if it wasn't for compulsory super. Generation Y are spending and borrowing freaks. If this was the same situation in 70 years time, I am sure many people from our generation would be putting out their hands for payments as well.

Also, from a political point of view, you can't just sit on the side-lines whilst pensioners are having trouble paying rent and food bills and just claim:

'Bad luck guys, shoulda managed your finances better'

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
withoutaface said:
Great minds think alike, but all shit floats to the top.
What kind of shit have you been dealing with? I'm pretty sure all of my shit sinks to the bottom of the bowl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)