Rugby League World Cup 2008 (1 Viewer)

Mozza91

HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Lol.

Mozza I see your passion, but lets not be unrealistic here. Knights wont be the dynasty you predict, even with the Aku.

They might have a good year, but to take the mantle from the Manly/Storm (in terms of consistency) they'll need to be consistent next season. So i'd look at that before making any predictions based on certain players.

Knights supporters certainly are passionate, but take the blinkers off buddy. I do hope Newcastle do better than last season.
They were consistent this year just lost too many tight ones (like Cronulla in 07).And it certainly wasn't a bad year defence improved tenfold and attack was 6th best in the comp.
As for players I've been watching these guys for 3 or 4 years carve up there opponents our JF side in 06 was a brilliant side. You only saw in small doses what Aku is capable of at the WC,as for Paterson his attack things like flick passes,quick tap ons and his vertical leap have already occured in the NRL and his defence has improved he will be the complete player next year,Mullen really stood up at times this and led the team around the park.
Maybe a dynasty was overstating it but they will be one of the most succesful clubs in the coming years.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Mozza91 said:
They were consistent this year just lost too many tight ones (like Cronulla in 07).And it certainly wasn't a bad year defence improved tenfold and attack was 6th best in the comp.
As for players I've been watching these guys for 3 or 4 years carve up there opponents our JF side in 06 was a brilliant side. You only saw in small doses what Aku is capable of at the WC,as for Paterson his attack things like flick passes,quick tap ons and his vertical leap have already occured in the NRL and his defence has improved he will be the complete player next year,Mullen really stood up at times this and led the team around the park.
Maybe a dynasty was overstating it but they will be one of the most succesful clubs in the coming years.
That's great, but there were still 5 teams that were better than them.

By all means, get excited about what next year holds. But just don't get too excited.

It's drilled teamwork and a constant vision from everyone that provides that extra 3-4% that teams like Melbourne and Manly have been able to pull off. I think they will do well, but I will just wait and see what comes from the first 10 rounds of the season before saying anything else.

Mozza91

HSC
I'm not gonna say anything to outlandish in regards to next year but I am confident in at leasy a top 8 spot.
And I never thought I'd say after only one full season of Johns retirement

Rotorua

HSC
Hi there, i am new to this site, but i just want to say how awesome it was to see new zealand win the world cup. Im of Samoan and Maori descent and it was great to see the boys get one up on the aussies

Mozza91

HSC
LOL at Stuart being sacked oh sorry stepping down he couldn't coach a bear to shit in the forest

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Mozza91 said:
LOL at Stuart being sacked oh sorry stepping down he couldn't coach a bear to shit in the forest
thnk God he stepped down
Don't know whether the ARL would have had the balls to sack him

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Пaтpик said:
RLWC08 is an absolute JOKE!
Australia will win in the final easly by 20 or more!
The best world cup would have to be the Rugby Union World Cup!
Much more competition and overall the greatest game in history!
fail, fail and fail

You're joking if you think the Union World Cup is the best.. Union, although more a global game then league, is not a world game.

There were 20 nations playing in the last World Cup, picked from, as rugby people proudly tell us, more than 200 countries around the world that play the game.
Yet of the 33 million that watched the World Cup final, a July report revealed an overwhelming 97 per cent came from rugby's eight foundation countries: Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and France.
In other words, less than a million people from the rest of those 200 nations - including 12 countries that actually had teams playing in the tournament - bothered to tune in.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24672034-23217,00.html
you can hardly say with confidence that Union is a world game after reading that

The 2007 RUWC failed to produce any try = zzzzz

The truth is: Soccer WC shits on everything else.

-----

having said that i reckon the RLWC was a success.. over $5million in profit is good compared to the $750k loss of the 2000 WC; good promotion of the game

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
u-borat said:
league is shit end of.
never watched a game.. so how can u comment?

and why the hell is your "HSC:2013" yet you're doing HSC subjects now..?

Thangquangtu

QUANG(*)
HSC
b00m said:
never watched a game.. so how can u comment?

and why the hell is your "HSC:2013" yet you're doing HSC subjects now..?
Wtf? Lol.

Thats some random stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)